What's putting a smile on your dial?

10 hours ago, HWY said:

I hope it sells well in RHD markets too. GM seem to be giving little info to the GMSV dealers. I heard that even in the first batch of C8 Stingrays coming in very soon, that EOIs with $5k deposit did not get to spec their cars. Dealers will just be given stock, and then they will call down their lists telling the customers what's in stock, and if they want it, pay; and if they dont want it, just wait until the right spec comes along. But they do not even know when the next batch of Aust C8's will be made.

It almost seems that GM are clueless.

So, you can join the list for a Z06, but you cannot choose how you want your vehicle. Amazing for a $200k+ purchase.

I would think that may have to do with our small market , I dont know how many we are getting ,I just keep reading we are getting them ..?

But I would kinda bet the big shots at GM in U.S really are not that interested in our Market , I remember reading when Ford Australia got into financial drama some years back and asked the U.S parent company for help they told Ford Oz your on your own , you make up less than 1% off our global profits , lucky for Ford Oz around that time the right hand drive Mustang arrived and the Ranger Utes and with some good marketing and pricing these got them out of the trouble they were in  ..

Holden really has not done anything inspiring or notable in the past few years since the Commodore ceased production .

The Camaro is pretty rare I hardly ever see them on the road , I think Holden really made a big mistake not having a car in their line up to match the Mustang in performance and price and appeal to that customer base .

Ford have run away with a good piece of the Holdens market in the past few years due to Gm not having a substitute for the Mustang ....

Not sure if this belongs here or in "Vent", yet are some people that stupid to post something like this without checking their spelling, or was their edumacation very limited? 

Fark me, this did my head in

Edit: I should add that it should be 'York St, Salisbury', not as per the sellers description. One other ad of his is an old Dunlop push-bike puncture repair kit. A must have for the astute classic bicycle collector at $50

Screenshot-20211030-074840-Samsung-Inter

Slightly funny story about not so bright people in our community  ...

Former  Army mate of mine who is now a policeman , he works in the Blacktown,, Mt Druitt area , predominantly low income area That has some crime and social issues ..

They arrest this crim for break in enter and take him down the station for questioning and processing .

When asked by officers his address and suburb of residence , he tells the officer Leffo ,I live in Leffo bro 

Officer reply Leffo ..??? Dont you mean Lethbridge Park ..?? 

Crim   Nah bro its not Lethbridge Park , I live in Leffo dont yah now were Leffo is ...??

The officer smiles , says Yes I do and writes down Lethbridge Park :Chuckle2:

195b5305-8085-4efe-8466-cd99f42fcb18617d90b306.jpeg

I used to work for Austudy ( Centelink ) for nearly 30 years and the spelling mistakes I've seen were horrendous especially the students who were studying to become a teacher. They were probably the worst culprits and lets not get into the lies and tricks they tried to get payments. They seemed to forget that we had access to a lot more info from other departments other than our own.

Just to let you know you young ones, youse and gonna are not words.

I even had one person who couldn't spell their own name.

Those sort of things crack me up , I don,t think of myself as a highly educated person , left school in year 10 did a trade , then enlisted in the army and got back into the trada again after I left the Army , now semi retired ..

Both those jobs don,t require me to be some brilliant scholar or mathematician , but I certainly make a effort to get those things right so I don,t look like a complete dick head ...

I just dont think people are prepared to have a go or even care anymore , it really does astonish me the attitudes that are considered to be ok these days  :Chuckle2:

I hope my spelling is correct :Jumping: 

29 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

DUDE!!!! 

That looks amazing - What a blast - Congrats and R E S P E C T.

Agreed. Love open wheelers! Really need to kick my butt into gear and get mine rolling...

What is the Stohr powered by? Is there a race series for these or just a fun track day car?

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

Agreed. Love open wheelers! Really need to kick my butt into gear and get mine rolling...

What is the Stohr powered by? Is there a race series for these or just a fun track day car?

Stohr do two types of car a Formula 1000 and a full bodied WF1 LMP the 1000 meaning 1000cc motor bike engines , mine is a GSXR 1000 motor , but other motors like Yamaha R1 and Kawasaki  Ninja are also popular , the car is eligible to compete in NSW Supersport series , this series mainly consists of Radicals with 1300  Hayabusa motor , but you do get other brands like Stohr, and WEST in it ,the full bodied LMP cars are more popular and do have slight advantage due to the body cutting the air better and using the air more  efficiently than the F1000 car when it comes to down force and ground effect ..

Lap times are in the sub 1.30 for SMPS ,, supersports competed this week end at the V8 supercar round at SMSP ..

https://dauntlessracing.com/

https://www.supersportsracing.com.au/

28 minutes ago, Raven said:

Stohr do two types of car a Formula 1000 and a full bodied WF1 LMP the 1000 meaning 1000cc motor bike engines , mine is a GSXR 1000 motor , but other motors like Yamaha R1 and Kawasaki  Ninja are also popular , the car is eligible to compete in NSW Supersport series , this series mainly consists of Radicals with 1300  Hayabusa motor , but you do get other brands like Stohr, and WEST in it ,the full bodied LMP cars are more popular and do have slight advantage due to the body cutting the air better and using the air more  efficiently than the F1000 car when it comes to down force and ground effect ..

Lap times are in the sub 1.30 for SMPS ,, supersports competed this week end at the V8 supercar round at SMSP ..

https://dauntlessracing.com/

https://www.supersportsracing.com.au/

Do you need to be jockey sized to fit in one? (I am six foot four)

47 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

Do you need to be jockey sized to fit in one? (I am six foot four)

The pedal box is adjustable you can move it back and forth by placing it in a different  bolt position , mine is in position 2  , I am 5.8 and it is a tight squeeze in the cockpit , if you are a tall and lengthy type I think you would fit no worries , But if you are more the broad shoulder large built body type I think you would struggle there is very little room for movement in one , you lay down in one with your shoulders propped up by the seat , and head on seat rest you have very limited movement of arms ,head and legs once strapped in , if you have never experienced sitting in a single seater before it can be somewhat claustrophobic and uncomfortable till you get used to it , and I know from when I switched from tin tops to open wheelers it is a big learning curve , and feels totally alien to what you drove before ..

If I spend a day in one of these cars and come home and drive my 997 that evening , the Porsche feels like a steam roller , just big heavy and clumsy ...

Pedal box in second position , there are 2 more positions around 50mm apart and you also have additional fine adjustment  eg sliding back or forward before locking the bolts down to split the difference between the locking holes  ..

HXey0Irg.jpeg

seat is foam insert covered with some suede , I have a generic fit insert that works for me but many get the seat moulded to them , there are several shops that can do this in Sydney if needed and I would think also in other major cities pretty common for single seaters  .. 

l_f765lQ.jpeg

Making a seat insert 

30 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Wow, awesome...! Will you be racing in NSW Supersports?

Darren Barlow has a similar car - a WF1 I think, is super quick.

Yes looking to compete in it next year , I believe the season starts somewhere around ealy March 2022, hope to get track time with it prior to that also ..

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Yes looking to compete in it next year , I believe the season starts somewhere around ealy March 2022, hope to get track time with it prior to that also ..

Great, will look you up at the track, I play around in NSW Prod Touring Cars, we are often on the same bill as Supersports.

22 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Great, will look you up at the track, I play around in NSW Prod Touring Cars, we are often on the same bill as Supersports.

Great to know there are few members of this site I come across at SMSP and Wakefield from time to time , look forward to it :Beer: