The Benz Appreciation Thread

Love the cars @LeeM , do not like what they have done to the old girl :o poor thing would be scrapping it's belly on the ground and scrubbing rear tyres.....

Factory airbag system worth more than the car , so ghetto is the usual approach. Ride comfort not an issue at 35km/hr! But hey , pop your cap on backwards and you're the chauffeur dude!

Sitting up high to make it easy for the snipers.

They never got one though? I think the aura was so strong; a force field.

My mate's father was a surgeon in Africa who fixed idi Amin's broken arm in the 60s. That kinda makes me internet famous doesn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Came across some some very nice Mercs over the years...

VLN Nuerburgring in 2011...first season the sls was racing me thinks.

rowe44_o.jpg

rowe950_o.jpg

merc%20500slvln.jpg

Nuerburgring 2002 if I remember correctly..

Mercedes had lots of cars in the old paddock...unfortunately they tend to perfectly restore their old race cars,destroy the patina and with it all signs of their glorious history :-/

0305.jpg

0301e.jpg

0308.jpg

they must have missed the boxes..

0314_1.jpg

I went in 2012 (back in the day when I had all my Mercs...) and there was quite a few, a couple of 356s, the 914 half a dozen 911 +/- , Boxster and more... It is a really good show, used to have kids stuff too, I assume still does?

as in model cars and toys? that's no kids stuff that's for adults!

No, model cars are definitely for the big kids ;)

I was talking more of the stuff to keep the kiddies entertained while the adults drool over cars :)

Mercedes had lots of cars in the old paddock...unfortunately they tend to perfectly restore their old race cars,destroy the patina and with it all signs of their glorious history :-/

Seems to be the case with old Porkers too. Look at the ones they have FS in Classic Porsche and other Classics mags. Great provenance,  but all the soul has gone.

But at least the ones dragged around the world for historic racing by the P museum are oily , smelly and worn!

I'll leave that one for you @hugh I am a huge MB fan but the styling of the CLA leaves me cold...

Its a good friends car that I've been given the job of selling..............thought it maybe worth sharing on here. Not my cup of tea, its most likely going to be getting replaced with a 997 thanks to my influence. :) 

• 4 weeks later...