996 GT3 Purchase

2 hours ago, edgy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-911-GT3-996-Manual/SSE-AD-5783803

id of thought for the asking $$ the seller could have penned a nice ad, rather than using the Carsales dribble with two paragraphs added in. 

Looks nice though 

Bit of a long stretch of the bow, this particular GT3 (with red GT3 rear badge), looks very similar to the car sold at Shannon's 2010 winter auction:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2010-shannons-melbourne-winter-classic-auction/S8D3Q9AZ3W5V3709/ 

p.s I had to check my garage, I thought my car had been stolen, very similar spec: 1 off 13 Touring 996 Mk1 GT3s, A1A1 Black, Leather Recaros, Tequipment cage and red Schroth driver harness. 😉

5 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

Bit of a long stretch of the bow, this particular GT3 (with red GT3 rear badge), looks very similar to the car sold at Shannon's 2010 winter auction:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2010-shannons-melbourne-winter-classic-auction/S8D3Q9AZ3W5V3709/ 

p.s I had to check my garage, I thought my car had been stolen, very similar spec: 1 off 13 Touring 996 Mk1 GT3s, A1A1 Black, Leather Recaros, Tequipment cage and red Schroth driver harness. 😉

Probably out of date harnesses ..  along with fire extinguisher ;) I would want new stuff I were gonna pay the price..  

Is the red badge straight :) 

Every where I go people talk of the porsche adverts and buying expectations lately , we seem to be the joke of the motoring arena

Remember when you paid per letter for your adverts

For sale GT3 Tour, FSH, No Dents,VGC, $$$OVNO 

Im think an open house tyre kicking style of sale would work better these days, would save a lot of time and conjecture.

PS Mr South Aus white wonky badge went on hold , hopefully we will hear of someone thrashing it around shortly 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Any idea what instigated the crash, looked like all was under control til it started to lose the rear end

Watch the full story here: He claims to have tapped the brakes when he spotted the yellow flag. 

I've looked at it 20 times and I'm sure the tyres start squealing after he brakes and the tyres squeal for half a second before the car starts to veer. I know I must be wrong but looks like he puts his left foot on the clutch and doesn't move his right foot to the brake prior to the swerve ... gotta feel sorry for the dude, using it for what it's intended, looks like he has a nice RS to compensate

I have now watched a few times, I think he may have hit some oil on the road. He brakes first, then put his foot on the clutch.

i have crossed over an oil stream previously that I had spotted at around 180ks and crossed it very carefully- car had a big wiggle 

Ineterstingly he let’s go of the wheel, but holds down the clutch.

This is the risk when you play with big boys toys 

23 hours ago, GUT said:

Nasty - but a lot better than it could have been. That's well and truly repairable

Amazing that frame is still straight - because there isn't a straight panel left on the car.  If it's a track hack then probably can be fixed.

If you fight the bull, sometimes you're going to get the horns.

I think he's lucky he grazed the front and put the car into a flat spin that stayed on it's wheels, and that nobody came up and hit him again.  Many cars have done that and flipped into a bad rollover.

Oh, and LOL at the passenger airbag cover direct hit to the nuts.  

19 hours ago, Coastr said:

Amazing that frame is still straight - because there isn't a straight panel left on the car.  If it's a track hack then probably can be fixed.

If you fight the bull, sometimes you're going to get the horns.

I think he's lucky he grazed the front and put the car into a flat spin that stayed on it's wheels, and that nobody came up and hit him again.  Many cars have done that and flipped into a bad rollover.

Oh, and LOL at the passenger airbag cover direct hit to the nuts.  

I'd imagine he bent the frame in the rear slightly. Fortunately for him the most expensive part of the car got away almost unscathed. The big dent in the roof is interesting...caused by the bonnet flying open?

20 hours ago, Jason A said:

I have now watched a few times, I think he may have hit some oil on the road. He brakes first, then put his foot on the clutch.

i have crossed over an oil stream previously that I had spotted at around 180ks and crossed it very carefully- car had a big wiggle 

Ineterstingly he let’s go of the wheel, but holds down the clutch.

This is the risk when you play with big boys toys 

Figures he let go of the wheel to avoid wrist and hand injury, although he had already copped the big hit before then (with hands still on the wheel). No foot on the brake pedal, but brakes probably aren't helping at that stage? 

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Hope I came off that lightly if that ever happened that’s all I say , screw the car 

Very calm and relaxed in a 265k crash ... once his hands are off the wheel it's as onerous for him as sitting in the jason recliner rocker and a grandkid is climbing on him

Just picked up my silver 996 MK1 GT3 CS from Dutton Garage in Melbourne. Great car, can’t say the same for the weather.

Leaving early in the morning for Adelaide where I will store it for a while. Drive in the hills and do some laps of The Bend MS Park. Will eventually bring it home to Brisbane.

You can’t beat a road trip in a Porsche.

Special mention goes to Karl @ Dutton Garage - highly recommend

EC2476DC-3D32-4181-8D03-01FBC35362BE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jason A said:

Congrats Jason glad it worked out to be the right car. Great that Karl looked after you. I have found him straight up and no BS in my few dealings, which is great for a young enthusiastic guy and very different in his industry. 

Not sure if he took you for a tour while you were there? They have some very special cars down in the basement of which one being restored belongs to the owner of the bend in Adelaide 😍

safe drive to Adelaide 👍

3 hours ago, Jason A said:

Just picked up my silver 996 MK1 GT3 CS from Dutton Garage in Melbourne. Great car, can’t say the same for the weather.

Leaving early in the morning for Adelaide where I will store it for a while. Drive in the hills and do some laps of The Bend MS Park. Will eventually bring it home to Brisbane.

You can’t beat a road trip in a Porsche.

EC2476DC-3D32-4181-8D03-01FBC35362BE.jpeg

That was a good buy, we’ll done. Still don’t understand why Duttons sold it so cheap, maybe I’m just deluded?

2 hours ago, Jason A said:

Yeah it was a good car, not perfect but a good honest example.

Complete correct cars don’t come up very often. I think these cars are  undervalued in Australia.

1,800 cars, 20% (approx - Clubsport), most of them are here. 

Under valued in Australia compared to global market.

Happy camper

I agree, and I keep saying it, the 996 GT3 is a bargain! 

And yup, always emphasis on correct cars! You can forgo a bit of condition, cars get wear & tear when used, but the car has to be honest & correct.