19 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I missed something, what are you talking about?

Agreed to buy a car yesterday, I was getting everything in order to collect tomorrow until “something came up” today and the deal is off.  As I said above, I’d rather not air the details publicly because the Owner was legit.  Happy to share via PM.

1 minute ago, DJM said:

Agreed to buy a car yesterday, I was getting everything in order to collect tomorrow until “something came up” today and the deal is off.  As I said above, I’d rather not air the details publicly because the Owner was legit.  Happy to share via PM.

bugger, so what was the spec that finally had you parting with your $$$

colour - sounds like a miami blue 

13 minutes ago, DJM said:

Our of curiosity I would be interested to know, so PM me if you want.

6 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Our of curiosity I would be interested to know, so PM me if you want.

Already done 😁

16 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

bugger, so what was the spec that finally had you parting with your $$$

colour - sounds like a miami blue 

Miami Blue

Clubsport

Manual (I wanted PDK but convinced myself manual would be cool)

folding buckets

PDLS

front axle lift (not on order, I’m told standard after June 2018)

passenger harness

sport chrono

BBS fI-R rims

Manthey Racing rear exhaust 

Jan 19 delivery, 10,000 km

full Doncaster/Brighton history

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

Miami Blue

Clubsport

What a shame this fell through. If I were to get into a GT3 this could be the colour I would love. I am sure there is another car in your future Doug

What about these two:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my19/SSE-AD-6889733/?Cr=7

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my19/SSE-AD-6950970/?Cr=10 (or was this the car?)

The owner says he’ll be transparent with future buyers so........

the story is range 1,2,3,4,5 over revs.  

R3&4 put engine warranty at risk and subject to detailed inspection and Porsche decision.

R5 tips it into NO ENGINE WARRANTY.  We discussed a discounted price but for me it did not outweigh the risk of an engine going pop.  Been there, keen not to revisit.......

1 minute ago, DJM said:

The owner says he’ll be transparent with future buyers so........

the story is range 1,2,3,4,5 over revs.  

R3&4 put engine warranty at risk and subject to detailed inspection and Porsche decision.

R5 tips it into NO ENGINE WARRANTY.  We discussed a discounted price but for me it did not outweigh the risk of an engine going pop.  Been there, keen not to revisit.......

Wow ok that would have been extremely disappointing for you. Shame the car was punished in such a way

10 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Wow ok that would have been extremely disappointing for you. Shame the car was punished in such a way

As Robert at PCB says “that’s why we build PDK cars”, you can’t over rev them

i think the owner will Keep the car a while.  I didn’t go for a full PPI given PCB knew the car but geez I’m glad I asked for over rev check....

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

Are you saying that the driver cannot drop into a lower gear accidently in a PDK? I haven't tried it but I could imagine a driver could pull on the -ve paddle when meaning to be the +ve paddle on WOT, wouldnt that throw the car into an over rev? Or is the software intelligent enough to tell the driver to bugger off and ignore the command.

I get bouncing off the rev limiter but most errors happen on an incorrect downshift 

17 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Are you saying that the driver cannot drop into a lower gear accidently in a PDK? I haven't tried it but I could imagine a driver could pull on the -ve paddle when meaning to be the +ve paddle on WOT, wouldnt that throw the car into an over rev? Or is the software intelligent enough to tell the driver to bugger off and ignore the command.

I get bouncing off the rev limiter but most errors happen on an incorrect downshift 

as you say In a manual the over rev is more often than not caused by selecting the wrong gear ie an accident.

Re the PDK to my knowledge dropping down one to many gears won't happen as the the computer would recognise that the pulled gear would exceed the redline and therefore not give you the gear. It comes back to a feel thing then like a manual car. 

+ one for the PDK if your wanting push a the cars hard.

+ two for the maintained re sale value

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

In a manual the over rev is more often than not caused by selecting the wrong gear ie an accident.

Re the PDK to my knowledge dropping down one to many gears won't happen as the the computer would recognise that the pulled gear would exceed the redline and therefore not give you the gear. It comes back to a feel thing then like a manual car. 

There you go i learnt something today :) I like that safety switch ..........

I used to have anxiety on pulling the wrong paddle when I had the 991.1 on the track 

Here is some further info on the PDK it seems that range 1 and possibly range 2 are possible however I would not personally be concerned with 1's or probably 2's. However I think that a report presenting 1's and 2's would be helpful as a guide to the history of the car more than anything else. If this was the case, lots of 1's and 2's I'd be more focussed on other things such as expensive consumables,  PCCB (if fitted) Service intervals are all up to date etc etc ...

TBC

With the GT3, 9,000 rpm is perfectly fine, but 9,001 rpm is a Stage 1 over-rev. So naturally, it’s easy to accumulate thousands of these (every ignition is counted and there are 6 of these for each revolution and revolutions happen very quickly at 9,000 rpm.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

i think the owner will Keep the car a while.  I didn’t go for a full PPI given PCB knew the car but geez I’m glad I asked for over rev check....

Agreed and the reason I want a PDK car . I like the security of not having over revs and I can’t change gears quick enough 

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Here is some further info on the PDK it seems that range 1 and possibly range 2 are possible however I would not personally be concerned with 1's or probably 2's. However I think that a report presenting 1's and 2's would be helpful as a guide to the history of the car more than anything else. If this was the case, lots of 1's and 2's I'd be more focussed on other things such as expensive consumables,  PCCB (if fitted) Service intervals are all up to date etc etc ...

TBC

With the GT3, 9,000 rpm is perfectly fine, but 9,001 rpm is a Stage 1 over-rev. So naturally, it’s easy to accumulate thousands of these (every ignition is counted and there are 6 of these for each revolution and revolutions happen very quickly at 9,000 rpm.

PCB confirmed today that range 1&2 are considered a non issue by Porsche and do not affect Porsche warranty.  

Range 3&4 automatically requires full diagnosis, dump oil, compression test etc before Porsche will commit to honour engine warranty. 

Range 5&6 automatically cancels engine warranty.  The only potential recovery is to drive 200h post the over rev event and THEN put it through the full diagnosis above and if you’re lucky Porsche Germany MAY reinstate engine warranty.  And hope like hell you don’t do it again during the 200h or after.......if the engine survives.  I actually think the risk of failure is probably low, it had 33 Range 5 ignitions which I assume is very short duration.  But it’s all about risk vs value.

44 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Yeah fair call.  I'd do the same, I', not sure what value you would have to put on the discount needed where it's never going to have engine warranty *unless the powers that be grant it and it has the potential to grenade the engine (even if very unlikely).  

It’s a double hit, you’d want the engine replacement cost built in plus provision for the inevitable reduction of future value - it just becomes unviable for the seller which is why I walked away and he decided to keep the car.

in future he’s is likely to be a large proportion of buyers that would walk away due to warranty/risk and/or non matching replacement engine and no discount would entice them to buy it.  

Yep, I agree entirely.  Bit shit all round, especially for the seller.  There's plenty of others you'll be able to track down.

I'd just keep it if I was him, as you say the fact it may not qualify for extended warranty will make the hit carry forward while all the others are eligible. 

1 hour ago, Shedpest said:

Wasn't the owner of the blue car some sort of car racing superstar?

I don’t believe so.  He told me he’d done 4 track days in 2019 and 2 this year.  He has moved on to a GT4 Clubsport dedicated race car.  Dale Wood listed the car for him and has done some driver instruction for the owner.

Seems to me to be a weekend punter like most of us, not a racer as such.  

He did nothing wrong by me so I don’t want to throw him under a bus (oh, and he’s moving in around the corner next week 😬)