Anyone want to meet on the west side? @911B @GUT 

Guessing at the Shell again? Lock it in guys, what time?

Yup! 5:45 - gives us 30 mins to get to Tecoma according to Google maps

@911B

@GUT

Ok @dan_189 and @911B

5:45 at Coles Express

75-81 ALEXANDRA PDE (CNR RAE ST), Clifton Hill VIC 3068, Australia

@P-Kay is a non-starter due to an acute case of old-man-itis

Anyone else around the area is welcome

Ok, plan for tomorrow is as follows;

Its looking like there will be 5-6 groups and I have nominated a lead car for each (Lead car driver know who they are ;)). I will be organising you into respective groups in the morning and briefing each group prior to departure. 

Kerry will then be conducting a separate briefing - yes, that's 2 briefings! 

Groups will be kept to 8-10 cars max, lead cars know the route and "buddy system" will apply at junctions to ensure nobody gets lost. There will only be to 2 planned stops and these will be kept to a minimum (quick wee) in order to keep the groups moving along. 

Ensure you remember that we are on public roads and show courtesy to other road users (including cyclists!) Conditions maybe wet and be cautious as I know none of us want to damage ourselves, other road users or our cars. Its a social day and the aim is to keep it relaxed, we cant control traffic nor the conditions so best to keep this in mind throughout the morning. 

Its worth noting that anyone who hasn't filled up please do so prior to meeting tomorrow morning. There wont be an opportunity to fill up at the meeting spot and little opportunity on route given the time and limited service stations in these areas. 

Only thing left to do is get a good nights sleep :D. I look forward to seeing you all in the morning! 

Cheers, Hugh. 

Ok @dan_189 and @911B

5:45 at Coles Express

75-81 ALEXANDRA PDE (CNR RAE ST), Clifton Hill VIC 3068, Australia

@P-Kay is a non-starter due to an acute case of old-man-itis

Anyone else around the area is welcome

Sorry gents change of plans for me im coming from Glen Iris instead but ill meet you at the maccas!

Anyone else coming that way I'll be leaving just before 6 and jumping on the M1 outbound from the Toorak Rd entrance! If not ill see you all tomorrow morning. 

Great drive on a perfect morning.  Pork Chops did a great job leading the way up front - that SC really honks along.  Then JimTT took over on Reefton and drove the wheels of his GT4,  I was happy to keep up .......until motion sickness kicked in ?

sorry I had to bail out early, family birthday at 12 in Pakenham.....

Thanks Hugh for organising.

Leaving Healesville i almost turned around to do it all over again - other the fog, almost perfect weather for an early morning cruise on some great driving roads - nothing better than a P-car ahead (Hugh's 996 GT3) and another one in the mirror (silver 997 Targa 4). Thanks again to Hugh for the organisation.

David

Great drive on a perfect morning.  Pork Chops did a great job leading the way up front - that SC really honks along.  Then JimTT took over on Reefton and drove the wheels of his GT4,  I was happy to keep up .......until motion sickness kicked in ?

sorry I had to bail out early, family birthday at 12 in Pakenham.....

Thanks Hugh for organising.

Agree.  What a great morning and they're only getting lighter as the days go by.  'Tis the season gents.

Well done Hugh.  Perfect blend of organised and relaxed.

IMG_9003-L.jpg

Another great SMT, they seem to get better and better. Thanks Hugh, Kerry and everyone else that was involved in such a smooth day considering what could be record cars.

Thanks for leading Pork Chops, you introduced me to some new back roads, your car and your skills kicks ass, hauls like a freight train.

Doug, congratulations on your beautiful new car.

Doug, congratulations on your beautiful new car.

thanks for showing me how to drive it ?I was pedalling bloody hard to stay with you!  Amazing car straight out of the showroom.

Following Nick's '78 SC with the short stroke 3.2, ITBs barking away and the car dancing around confirms for me Porsche's engineers have been getting chassis design right for decades.  Preaching to the converted I know...