997 GT3 Market Watch

20 hours ago, edgy said:

Ambitious price for a .1 in this market?  On first glance I thought it was a well priced .2......🤔

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Ambitious price for a .1 in this market?  On first glance I thought it was a well priced .2......🤔

I don't think its ambitious, I think its a fair ask with some wiggle room (5-10%) ... "this market" is a very narrow one, small pool of buyers, small number of cars available... and they're 13 year old clappers now compared to the 991> generation... so most, if not, all cash buyers? 

10 hours ago, edgy said:

I don't think its ambitious, I think its a fair ask with some wiggle room (5-10%) ... "this market" is a very narrow one, small pool of buyers, small number of cars available... and they're 13 year old clappers now compared to the 991> generation... so most, if not, all cash buyers? 

It’s more about the seller for me.  Unless he is oblivious to the current circumstances, listing now suggests a need to sell.  Otherwise you’d just sit on it surely.  And if he has to sell, how quickly does he need to sell.  The small pool of cash buyers are probably right to be tight fisted with their cash right now.  If he is not desperate it will likely languish or get pulled.  There is a slim chance that a buyer has been waiting forever for a neat black CS to appear and will jump on it...🤔.  

Having said that, health conditions appear to be trending well such that the community concern may dissipate sooner than we all thought but I still thinks it’s a while before we return to “normal”.

16 minutes ago, DJM said:

It’s more about the seller for me.  Unless he is oblivious to the current circumstances, listing now to suggests a need to sell.  Otherwise you’d just sit on it surely.  And if he has to sell, how quickly does he need to sell.  The small pool of cash buyers are probably right to be tight fisted with their cash right now.  If he is not desperate it will likely languish or get pulled.  There is a slim chance that a buyer has been waiting forever for a neat black CS to appear and will jump on it...🤔.  

Having said that, health conditions appear to be trending well such that the community concern may dissipate sooner than we all thought but I still thinks it’s a while before we return to “normal”.

Agreed . I think to get things sold currently especially for a car like this it needs to be presented as a bargain .

Only 4 months ago  a car of the same spec with less km and cheaper  sat on Richmonds show room floor for over 6 months 

The guy with the white 997GT3  for $275,000 is obviously suffering a serious head injury  or has no idea of the market .

Who with a sound mind could possibly look at the market and see that a better car of the same  colour with less km has not found a new home in 4 years and is 50 K cheaper .

Strange marketing to get a car sold 

35 minutes ago, DJM said:

listing now to suggests a need to sell

Does it? I think that’s a little presumptuous statement to make. 

I understand some people are hurting right now, but there is many who are not, or even thriving at the minute, and there is so many other factors and/or circumstances that can lead to a decision to sell. 

It really seems crass to draw that conclusion to the Covid shaped elephant in the room... 

So we do we all just start taking pay cuts too “because of the market” 

Not a shot, I’m trying to understand how the rationale can be applied so broadly?

28 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

The guy with the white 997GT3  for $275,000 is obviously suffering a serious head injury  or has no idea of the market .

If anyone can understand that strategy I am all ears... that’s an anomaly, if I’m sugar coating it 

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

I understand some people are hurting right now, but there is many who are not, or even thriving at the minute, and there is so many other factors and/or circumstances that can lead to a decision to sell. 

It really seems crass to draw that conclusion to the Covid shaped elephant in the room... 

Not a shot, I’m trying to understand how the rationale can be applied so broadly?

If anyone can understand that strategy I am all ears... that’s an anomaly, if I’m sugar coating it 

I would suggest the logistics of buying anything at the moment are difficult . 

I would be certainly waiting to sell unless I really had to .

1 minute ago, edgy said:

So GT3s normally attract a small pool of buyers...........right now the world is upside down, new car sales are already off 20% or more.  Porsche was down 20% in Q1 before this chaos really took hold.  It’s probably the worst economic conditions we’ve seen for a decade or more.  Business owners and employees in lots of areas are fearful.

I’ll be very happy to be proven wrong, let’s see what happens.

28 minutes ago, edgy said:

I agree,l it's far too early to assume this is a Covid related sale. Yes the car is possibly 10-15% above the realistic buy price, however probably no finance, based on its age and the seller may be on the market for all sorts of reasons including cashing up for other Covid related opportunities. 

The Covid related deals are still to come I'm thinking. 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I would suggest the logistics of buying anything at the moment are difficult . 

I would be certainly waiting to sell unless I really had to .

Certainly that’s a very big obstacle for tangibles that don’t fit in the post! But you never know your luck I guess... 

1 hour ago, DJM said:

So GT3s normally attract a small pool of buyers...........right now the world is upside down, new car sales are already off 20% or more.  Porsche was down 20% in Q1 before this chaos really took hold.  It’s probably the worst economic conditions we’ve seen for a decade or more.  Business owners and employees in lots of areas are fearful.

I’ll be very happy to be proven wrong, let’s see what happens.

Sure, it’s though times now for some, and for others to come... I’m just saying it’s not so straight forward to apply market forces to all asset classes... although I really do wish 991 GT3 RS prices took a monumental shit like the stock market did!! 😂

3 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just be able to inspect the car would be the first problem 

Not that I’m in the market, but if I was, you best bet I’d make shit happen, all the while playing within the rules... mechanics are still essential. 

On 06/04/2020 at 10:03, edgy said:

I remember this car on carsales a couple of years ago (because I was interested at the time) advertised for 170-180K. Same Alpine head unit and reverse camera, same wear spots on alcantara steering wheel. Love the spec being a black clubsport.

6 hours ago, edgy said:

Sure, it’s though times now for some, and for others to come... I’m just saying it’s not so straight forward to apply market forces to all asset classes... although I really do wish 991 GT3 RS prices took a monumental shit like the stock market did!! 😂

Not that I’m in the market, but if I was, you best bet I’d make shit happen, all the while playing within the rules... mechanics are still essential. 

Wish granted.

How's $399.911 for an MR a big enough dump?

2 hours ago, firstone said:

Wish granted.

How's $399.911 for an MR a big enough dump?

Oh yes, that would do.

We now have a brand new 2019 RS with mega buck MR upgrades (or maybe just a subset of the kit, a few tweaks?) for $399k and at the same time a 2016 RS listed at $435k.....

if you had $400k in your pocket, do you buy.......or wait.   Apparently Covid impacts are not evident yet so I guess we wait.......🤔

Perfect car to go bang out high 1:30s around Pi.  I do like these in black, looks a little less shouty than the green/blue/orange ones.   

jghebxl5rdrw9g0yamg2ijh9.heic?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY19

• 3,600 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-991-Auto-MY19/SSE-AD-6609669

They were approximately $435k drive away no options.

It is relatively lightly spec'd - approx $5k in options.

$4-6k in PPF depending on what was used. 

$2.5k for tyres

Hard to tell what else was spent. The main question is what exactly was done by MR?

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

They were approximately $435k drive away no options.

It is relatively lightly spec'd - approx $5k in options.

$4-6k in PPF depending on what was used. 

$2.5k for tyres

Hard to tell what else was spent. The main question is what exactly was done by MR?

Ride Height

Wheel Align

Anti Roll Bar Setting

He is talking it up massively!!  

Life’s short post lockdown these beaut cars will be in demand , don’t forget how good they are 🤗 it’s the Aircool  market that’s got movement this market has been on the level for sometime and had probably softened 10 percent leading up to Xmas already and let’s face it there ain’t been a market buffer all available or sold 

3 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I'm an absolute sucker for any red 911. Hard to shake the 80's teen passion for a Guards Red 930

3 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Know the owner, excellent car, would be a shame to see it go from Tassie

You can't keep them all down there Peter.... Trust your lovely machine is going nicely..