997 GT3 Market Watch

Ok.. now everyone'a shaken the sand out of the vag... I can confirm I too do not have a boat. 

8 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

The stupid clock that does nothing was a must have for me

I have this option also... I despise it.

6 hours ago, edgy said:

Ok.. now everyone'a shaken the sand out of the vag... I can confirm I too do not have a boat. 

I have this option also... I despise it.

I’ve got a 991 & a boat (12 ft tinnie with oars so i can pull the weeds out of the dam), & I weigh 72kgs, oh I have the stupid clock like Kurt. 😂😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Didn't realise I'm in the minority for liking the stupid clock 😎

3 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I like the stupid clock, don’t use it, but Ike it 

I like it as well adds to the look and feel of the cabin 

7 hours ago, sleazius said:

This fat bastard 991 owner just lost 22kg in order to fit into the seats better :D

Unfortunately no 'boat'  :PissedOff:

Well done on losing the weight easier to get out of the seats too ...no doubt!! 

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Didn't realise I'm in the minority for liking the stupid clock 😎

No your the majority. Insanely Edgy is not digging the stupid clock but I think in general the stupid clock that does nothing is a must have 

Good luck . I would have paid 100 K more than it’s worth if only 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-6601199?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6601199

27 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

No your the majority. Insanely Edgy is not digging the stupid clock but I think in general the stupid clock that does nothing is a must have 

Good luck . I would have paid 100 K more than it’s worth if only 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-6601199?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6601199

I’ll sell you my clock for $100k, I’m sure I can remove it with no damage.

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

I like it as well adds to the look and feel of the cabin 

Well done on losing the weight easier to get out of the seats too ...no doubt!! 

Lost the old man last year at 63 from a heart attack. No prizes for guessing that he was obese.

I too was Obese. Not anymore (although still overweight supposedly according to BMI). 8kg left till my target weight.

29 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Lost the old man last year at 63 from a heart attack. No prizes for guessing that he was obese.

I too was Obese. Not anymore (although still overweight supposedly according to BMI). 8kg left till my target weight.

Wow 63 is way too young, congrats on the weight loss, we are all overweight according to our BMI except @GC9911, i was 72kgs once...........a long time ago:P

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Great effort on making a change. I think that's the hardest part... actually going through with it. 

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Good on you mate! 

I let the busy lifestyle consume me and when January 2018 clocked over... I’d done a number on myself (heaviest ever) and decided to make some changes for good, a few months into that year it really affected my state of mind (mental health) and I was in a pretty bad way... one of the most important steps was getting myself an amazing GP (thanks Hughesy), and making lots of lifestyle changes, doing it holistically and continually monitoring haematology to see what worked... weight is down, blood pressure is good, generally feel good and haven’t had to get on any fad diets or commit to an exercise regime that will falter once I get busy again... and I think that’s the key, you’ve gotta implement what’s practical! Still some work to be done for sure... maybe I’ll start daily driving the GT3 to remind me to be good. 😎 

thread drift... ah fuck it, Covid times... what else we gonna do 

11 hours ago, edgy said:

i have this option also... I despise it.

Talk to me about sport chrono.  For example:

- what the hell is it for?  
- why would you rather a car without?
- Why would anyone want it?  

- Does anyone actually use it?

1 minute ago, DJM said:

Talk to me about sport chrono.  For example:

- what the hell is it for?  
- why would you rather a car without?
- Why would anyone want it?  

- Does anyone actually use it?

Thanks DJM, appreciate you asking this. I wanted to, but didn't want to seem the numpty.

I know that Chrono can make a difference in a PDK, in later cars, but what does it do in the earlier manuals?  Is it just a Lap timer?

8 hours ago, luzzo said:

Thanks DJM, appreciate you asking this. I wanted to, but didn't want to seem the numpty.

I know that Chrono can make a difference in a PDK, in later cars, but what does it do in the earlier manuals?  Is it just a Lap timer?

Happy to be the numpty 😂

surely no one is using an analogue dial to time laps.....?

yes I also thought it changed engine and maybe PDK mapping in 991s?  But 997?

34 minutes ago, DJM said:

Happy to be the bumpy 😂

surely no one is using an analogue dial to time laps.....?

yes I also thought it changed engine and maybe PDK mapping in 991s?  But 997?

It comes up on the pcm screen and is like an iPhone timer, with total time and laps controlled by the stalk, with practice it would be easy to use 

34 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

It comes up on the pcm screen and is like an iPhone timer, with total time and laps controlled by the stalk, with practice it would be easy to use 

OK, so it's a Lap timer.  In a 997, that's all I thought the little hump in the dash was for...

I kinda like the look of the little hump on the dash. 

If it gives you a functional lap timer, why would you not want it?

12 hours ago, sleazius said:

Good luck with the target ...... and many more  years enjoying your cars

Mr White one who's been on the market for 'years' https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=5

Car now has ~53,000kms, options are Bi-xenon headlights, sports chrono, red seatbealts and Porsche crests on seats.

What you think its worth realistically in the current market?

25 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Mr White one who's been on the market for 'years' https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=5

Car now has ~53,000kms, options are Bi-xenon headlights, sports chrono, red seatbealts and Porsche crests on seats.

What you think its worth realistically in the current market?

$190k give or take +/- 5% depends on condition, provenance etc... 

On 17/04/2020 at 00:13, luzzo said:

OK, so it's a Lap timer.  In a 997, that's all I thought the little hump in the dash was for...

I kinda like the look of the little hump on the dash. 

If it gives you a functional lap timer, why would you not want it?

We just use dorian timer for the track... no need to shoot your focus, it doesn't PCM integrate in my 7.1... well because I dont have the PCM, just basic radio, my car is very low rent... as it should be