997 GT3 Market Watch

26 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Didn't the red one at Richmond's take 6 months to sell and that was priced in the 160's??

And didn't that head to the South Island as well?

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2007-porsche-911-gt3-4/

46 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Didn't the red one at Richmond's take 6 months to sell and that was priced in the 160's??

Different car I think . That car was a bargain .

We need more bargains . 

45 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Yeah I commented on the pricing of that red  car in the 160's  and thought it was great value until  a cheaper and better one than that in my opinion at the time popped up  in white.

i.e sold within circa  6 days not circa six months and a decent discount over that red one and bugger all love on here.   That was a bargain.

2 hours ago, DD911 said:

You can't keep them all down there Peter.... Trust your lovely machine is going nicely..

Don't see why not Damien🙂  Yes, the silver beast is doing very well thank you.  Applied some PPF up the bonnet over Easter, Final polish and ceramic coating planned for the weekend....

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It does look odd having a cage in a touring spec car.

Fat bastard must have ordered it.  The 997 Clubsport seats are too narrow for my hips so I’d fit a 996 CS seat and it’d be perfect.  

It’s red so instead of my $140k 997 price, I’ll lift to $145k Covid special offer.  But the wording of his ad says it’s not worth my time so I’ll let it go......🤔

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

Fat bastard must have ordered it.  The 997 Clubsport seats are too narrow for my hips so I’d fit a 996 CS seat and it’d be perfect.  

It’s red so instead of my $140k 997 price, I’ll lift to $145k Covid special offer.  But the wording of his ad says it’s not worth my time so I’ll let it go......🤔

Most importantly it’s got the stupid clock on the dash that does nothing 

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

The 997 Clubsport seats are too narrow for my hips so I’d fit a 996 CS seat and it’d be perfect.  

Yeah me too... so that’s exactly what I did!

4544AFC6-EDE0-45E2-A024-B2C4630B14E7.thumb.jpeg.1e7113aa0b0a67a03500046048a72f6a.jpeg

Best fix back seat Porsche offered... unobtainium now. 

11 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Most importantly it’s got the stupid clock on the dash that does nothing 

Worst option.... 

31 minutes ago, edgy said:

Yeah me too... so that’s exactly what I did!

4544AFC6-EDE0-45E2-A024-B2C4630B14E7.thumb.jpeg.1e7113aa0b0a67a03500046048a72f6a.jpeg

Best fix back seat Porsche offered... unobtainium now. 

Worst option.... 

I’m not fat, just big boned 😂😂🍔🍔

Question, is it wrong to ask for a seller's VIN?

This long term seller
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460 isnt providing it.

To be honest hes really not easy to deal with. Taking days to respond. Only providing half answers.

3 minutes ago, mbedford said:

This long term seller
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460 isnt providing it.

To be honest hes really not easy to deal with. Taking days to respond. Only providing half answers.

You got to talk to someone? 

12 minutes ago, mbedford said:

This long term seller

What do you want it for?

There are other ways of getting it.

9 hours ago, DJM said:

I now know why you guys want clubsport, you're all fat and you need the lighter weight cars to balance the scales at the track against touring spec cars.

The 996 seats look poor IMO.  Folding buckets are the best option but you need a mk2 for that, which I'd choose any way as they are a much better car.

I now know why you guys want clubsport, you're all fat and you need the lighter weight cars to balance the scales at the track against touring spec cars.

I'd love to see you say this to their face. I bet you wouldn't. Are comments like this really necessary? 

The 996 seats look poor IMO.  Folding buckets are the best option but you need a mk2 for that, which I'd choose any way as they are a much better car.

If you think the 996/997 guys are having to compensate for the weight penalty, with 500HP~ you should see the 991 crowd... 

girls-on-instagram.jpg.95b96cf64f1bc390b18f16c5571bb918.jpg

5 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Wow raw nerve.  I should have included the smiley icon on the comment, sorry about that.

And besides I wasn't the I one that started the fat comment, yet I get chewed out.  I guess I should know better that to dis the clubsport guys on this forum.

Let's calm down and continue on...

anyone  who was actually offended  is a knob, this is coming from a fat bastard who doesn`t fit into buckets, so suck it up princesses 

39 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

anyone  who was actually offended  is a knob, this is coming from a fat bastard who doesn`t fit into buckets, so suck it up princesses 

Not sure who's offended, me and Doug threw ourselves under the bus! 

I'd ask you for pictures of the boat based on your admissions, if you were 991 owner ... 

3 minutes ago, edgy said:

Not sure who's offended, me and Doug threw ourselves under the bus! 

I'd ask you for pictures of the boat based on your admissions, if you were 991 owner ...                                                   never been offended by anyone, I’ve always been of the mind set that to be offended by anyone, you first have to respect their opinion, hasn’t happened yet