997 GT3 Market Watch

30 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Mr White one who's been on the market for 'years' https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=5

Car now has ~53,000kms, options are Bi-xenon headlights, sports chrono, red seatbealts and Porsche crests on seats.

What you think its worth realistically in the current market?

I would say $170k - $175k in the current market. I sold my one just before covid very similar spec & colour but with 91kms for $160k

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I'm guessing this was the one for sale at Gulsons in Canberra a couple of months back - last advertised at $187,990. Will await the photos.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

You champion @edgy, appreciated as I am keen. 

I'm going to take a punt here... I'll see if my Crystal ball is working,  but I'm guessing this is the ex-Canberra/Gulson car.

The one with the sunroof  😪

1 hour ago, us72t said:

I'm guessing this was the one for sale at Gulsons in Canberra a couple of months back - last advertised at $187,990. Will await the photos.

Hahhh...!

I just responded to the alert the forum gave me without looking at your post @us72t... 

Looks like we're both onto it 😁

9 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Agreed . I sold my silver car for just above that with only 28,000 km on it last year .

@wilson59 Where are you now..?  Love silver, and ~circa 30km - almost perfect. 

I'm wondering if Mr 2016 SA & Mr. Looney price SA got together in pre-isolation days and decided to set the bar high for White 997 GT3 tourers...

On 17/04/2020 at 00:13, luzzo said:

OK, so it's a Lap timer.  In a 997, that's all I thought the little hump in the dash was for...

I kinda like the look of the little hump on the dash. 

If it gives you a functional lap timer, why would you not want it?

Because I bought this for my iPhone for $15 years ago........

https://www.gps-laptimer.de/

8 hours ago, luzzo said:

@wilson59 Where are you now..?  Love silver, and ~circa 30km - almost perfect. 

I'm wondering if Mr 2016 SA & Mr. Looney price SA got together in pre-isolation days and decided to set the bar high for White 997 GT3 tourers...

I am in Adelaide .

Yes I don’t know what is going on with pricing with those guys  but it has not got them any results in a sale .

21 hours ago, James P said:

Mr White one who's been on the market for 'years' https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=5

Car now has ~53,000kms, options are Bi-xenon headlights, sports chrono, red seatbealts and Porsche crests on seats.

I would say $170k - $175k in the current market. I sold my one just before covid very similar spec & colour but with 91kms for $160k

Seems that most are agreeing around this number, he's been asking $225k for ages now, doubt he'll budge down to $50k off his asking price.

8 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Yep . Had done only 19,000KM when I bought it . They are stunning

0U5A5900-1 (003).jpg

That’s a short love affair .. I feel in balance you probably bought that very very sharply and a good car at that by someone who wanted to move quickly .  One of our measures for determining our sale rice is our buy in and with these cars there’s the  level of preparedness to go take another thrash .

As you know I probably paid more and thought low mileage was the answer in my case son 25 plus later I have a car that I know is in good shape much to my better judgement of buying what was perceived a safe dealer buy .. and I wonder if the buyers out there are aware of this reality of ownership with such expensive Motorsport toys . Also are they willing to look at 10-15 percent spreads in values based upon this , mileages and CS Vs comfort specs 😊

Not sure if anyone has seen it yet, but Lorbeks have a black 997GT3RS with 6000k on it going up online tomorrow ( its on their instagram page ). I also think they have Rusty French's old black 996GT3 which has 125km's on it going up as well i think.

I remember the 996 being bought out of the back of one of his trucks at a PCV event at Sandown years ago and a price of 200k going onto the windsheild if my memory doest mistake me.

I would think that the 997 is his as well, as he has a few other cars in their as well.

Be interesting to see what kind of dollars are going to be asked??????😬🤔😳

8 hours ago, sleazius said:

If CV isn’t impacting prices yet at least it is bringing a few gems out of hiding.

On Spikes ferrestton’s podcast they were discussing this topic and saying that at this point, over there at least, that the unavailability of new cars to buy because of the factory shutdowns,was keeping the new car prices up and  many cars coming off lease weren’t being turned in because nothing to turn them in on, and that the older cars were unlikely to be financed therefore not being sold being the reason for the fairly static prices, made sense.

6 minutes ago, hugh said:

It’s not the same one previously private listed @330k? 

That car had a few more km on it 

7 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

On Spikes ferrestton’s podcast they were discussing this topic and saying that at this point, over there at least, that the unavailability of new cars to buy because of the factory shutdowns,was keeping the new car prices up and  many cars coming off lease weren’t being turned in because nothing to turn them in on, and that the older cars were unlikely to be financed therefore not being sold being the reason for the fairly static prices, made sense.

I had the same conversation with a friend with a large franchise here .

He said very few cars are being traded