997 GT3 Market Watch

14 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

All jokes aside re the price, I just drove a 330k 992 S and quite frankly I wouldn`t swap mine for it unless there was a huge financial inducement.

Agreed.

The car game has changed for mine. Unless it is a GT I've got no interest beyond when they started turbo-ing all the engines. That GTS I had for a week 18 months back was not my cup of tea (991.2). Torque was great, I enjoyed that part, but otherwise it was just a bit of a mess. Still felt like a P car, but dialed back. The thing I hated though was the fake pops and cracks from the exhaust. It annoys me now even talking about it.

12 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

If you haven’t already, chuck a DSC box on it and it takes it to another level again 

Really Steve?  I could not see how it can improve on the gt3s suspension much more. Is that with pasm?God I’d love to have a go on one with the control box..

3 minutes ago, JB said:

Really Steve?  I could not see how it can improve on the gt3s suspension much more. Is that with pasm?God I’d love to have a go on one with the control box..

Yes Really JB, it`s hard to describe just how good it is, on hard setting the wheels now follow the road over bumps instead of skipping across them, formerly hard was only usable on very smooth surfaces, body roll has been reduced to what feels like zero, whilst the wheels still go up and down over the bumps and the nose does not dip at all under brakes, it feels a bit surreal at first, but boy o boy does it work. 

6 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Yes Really JB, it`s hard to describe just how good it is, on hard setting the wheels now follow the road over bumps instead of skipping across them, formerly hard was only usable on very smooth surfaces, body roll has been reduced to what feels like zero, whilst the wheels still go up and down over the bumps and the nose does not dip at all under brakes, it feels a bit surreal at first, but boy o boy does it work. 

Sounds great . I really do find the suspension a vast improvement over the .1 car .

8 hours ago, JB said:

I have the DSC for my 997.1 it really transforms the PASM, better on the road and incredible on the track! You need to add 3 axis yaw sensor to 7.1 mind you, the 7.2 has it from factory. 

9 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Ok so looks like when I find one I need to budget for a box....😳

8 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

DSC takes it a step further, You would get this, It’s like riding a bike with Ohlins compared to 70’s Paoli’s 

Ok so in bike speak that makes complete sense to me. My Factory ktm ace bike out of the box then had big $$$ spent on suspension revalving set up etc which made a great bike unbelievable. Every bike I get new or not first thing gets sent out for suspension...

oh I so need someone to take me for a spin...

12 hours ago, JB said:

Ok so looks like when I find one I need to budget for a box....😳

Ok so in bike speak that makes complete sense to me. My Factory ktm ace bike out of the box then had big $$$ spent on suspension revalving set up etc which made a great bike unbelievable. Every bike I get new or not first thing gets sent out for suspension...

oh I so need someone to take me for a spin...

Hit me up 

On 24/02/2020 at 22:57, edgy said:

See this post ^^ 💩

Both 997 version of the GT3 are amazing. I driven both and in truth couldn’t pick that much difference between them. Both felt like they were honed out of a piece of sold granite. That said I do prefer the rear wing of the 7.1 to the 7.1, but the 7.1 felt every so slightly rawer, additionally it comforts me knowing that the 3.6 has that intrinsic advantage of a slightly greater block rigidity due to its smaller cylinder bores 3.6 vs 3.8. I’d pay 5-possibly 10% more for a point 7.2 over 7.1, naturally colour, spec, condition also come into it, but otherwise no more. 
I could easily live with either, I currently have a CS 7.1 Gt3 in the 997 range.

40 minutes ago, Rachnath said:

Both 997 version of the GT3 are amazing. I driven both and in truth couldn’t pick that much difference between them. Both felt like they were honed out of a piece of sold granite. That said I do prefer the rear wing of the 7.1 to the 7.1, but the 7.1 felt every so slightly rawer, additionally it comforts me knowing that the 3.6 has that intrinsic advantage of a slightly greater block rigidity due to its smaller cylinder bores 3.6 vs 3.8. I’d pay 5-possibly 10% more for a point 7.2 over 7.1, naturally colour, spec, condition also come into it, but otherwise no more. 
I could easily live with either, I currently have a CS 7.1 Gt3 in the 997 range.

Of course everyone is going to prefer the car they own that is natural . I found the .2 much more refined and easier to live with over the .1 .

The non scraping re designed front lip the factory optioned front lift the torque of the 3.8 0ver the 3.6 the bigger front rotors the ease of the centre lock wheels etc the dynamic engine mount system which I am not sure was available on the .1 and the ease of folding buckets like the later cars .

Like you said both great GT3 but for me the 997.2 slots into a perfect spot between the more "raw" earlier cars and the much plagued 991.1 cars .

I think 10% is on the low side but I know that is subjective to the buyer . The same argument exists between pricing of a 997.1 GT3 or .2 compared to the RS  of the same version which seems to be a 70 % increase

On 24/02/2020 at 12:07, wilson59 said:

On 24/02/2020 at 12:42, StevepGT3 said:

Bargain

On 24/02/2020 at 12:51, Jason A said:

Optimistic in this market I would have thought 

I thought it may sit for a while at $285k, 

but... already sold..! 😢