997 GT3 Market Watch

I had a 993 many years ago that was a repaired write-off seller showed me the photos & it didn't worry me, got the car cheap & no problems with full comp insurance. Car was written off again several years later & full pay out was given no issues again..

Any 997 GT3's for sale apart from mine?

9 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

I looked into it with a bike I was looking at and could only get third party property insurance on a repairable write off, but no coverage on the bike itself, have also heard the same story about hail damaged vehicles that were written off but still perfectly usable, but once paid out were not able to be reinsured for any damage to the vehicle itself, caveat emptor 

I think hail damaged vehicles paid out were not reinsured because people weren’t repairing the damage

I think if a car is registered and roadworthy with 3rd party insurance you would  be able to get an agreed value insurance with your insurer on your car, But it would  certainly be of lower value than pre smash.

I was looking at a bike that was on the wovr that I was going to fix myself so rang the ins co just to see where it  stood once it was finished and was told that they wouldn’t cover it,so I just dropped the idea and assumed it was across the board and have considered wovr’s poison ever since 

49 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

So has anyone here gone to look at the ugly orange thing in person? or even PPI'd it? 
Would like to know if I am wasting my time?

Seems it's probably only worth 110k in the current state? Even if it checks out ok.....

Changing the Orange is easy . This thing is more contagious than the Coronavirus.

Maybe someone needs to put on the big boy pants and just find out if they are serious or just kicking tyres 

49 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Changing the Orange is easy . This thing is more contagious than the Coronavirus.

Maybe someone needs to put on the big boy pants and just find out if they are serious or just kicking tyres 

Just a question - why would a single mass flywheel be an upgrade on a Clubsport?  Wouldn't it be standard fitment to a 997 CS as it was in a 996 CS?  Perhaps not a factory CS then??

1 hour ago, williamsf1 said:

So has anyone here gone to look at the ugly orange thing in person? or even PPI'd it? 
Would like to know if I am wasting my time?

Seems it's probably only worth 110k in the current state? Even if it checks out ok.....

@DJM tried to do the dance with him, he posted a few pages back about it... ended up being chased away with a pitch fork I think.. but did not manage to get a VIN or anything, I think something about refusing to deal with someone who wouldn't look at the car in person, even though offering to pay for PPI... and apparently NOT negotiable on the $$ 

9 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just a question - why would a single mass flywheel be an upgrade on a Clubsport?  Wouldn't it be standard fitment to a 997 CS as it was in a 996 CS?  Perhaps not a factory CS then??

If my memory serves me right, the 997's (and 6.2 I think) were dual mass (inc CS), the LWFW option/single mass upgrade is commonly to order and install the RS4.0 unit. 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

yeah I'd not have a problem with getting rid of the orange ( wheels would go for a start! 18" thanks :D )

In a perfect world a car like yours would come up with fixed seats and I'd pay 230-250k in a heartbeat! for a .2 CS however that's starting to look unlikely to happen, so if you could get said current Orange for 110k and spend 10k de fruiting it, that could be a good way to go.... However he's dreaming at 145 surely?

25 minutes ago, edgy said:

@DJM tried to do the dance with him, he posted a few pages back about it... ended up being chased away with a pitch fork I think.. but did not manage to get a VIN or anything,

I've noticed he now has the VIN included in his Ad...

WP0ZZZ99Z7S791408

6 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

yeah I'd not have a problem with getting rid of the orange ( wheels would go for a start! 18" thanks :D )

In a perfect world a car like yours would come up with fixed seats and I'd pay 230-250k in a heartbeat! for a .2 CS however that's starting to look unlikely to happen, so if you could get said current Orange for 110k and spend 10k de fruiting it, that could be a good way to go.... However he's dreaming at 145 surely?

I think your de fruiting will cost you half of that . If it was my car I wouldn't sell it 110K unless it was a fire sale .

The fact that it has a WOVR on it would not bother me either as long as it wasn't a shitter

13 minutes ago, edgy said:

@DJM tried to do the dance with him, he posted a few pages back about it... ended up being chased away with a pitch fork I think.. but did not manage to get a VIN or anything, I think something about refusing to deal with someone who wouldn't look at the car in person, even though offering to pay for PPI... and apparently NOT negotiable on the $$ 

If my memory serves me right, the 997's (and 6.2 I think) were dual mass (inc CS), the LWFW option/single mass upgrade is commonly to order and install the RS4.0 unit. 

Correct all 996.2 and 997 were fitted with Dual mass as standard.

I fitted a LWFW to my 996.2GT3CS along with the cup diff, making it spritely on the track and much better (snappier) to drive as a road car. The only down side with the cup diff was when you were were turning at low speed it would make a hell of a racket. You could see people looking at you thinking that thing has got some issues 😂 as it creaked and groaned.

21 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

My car has the folding buckets

IMG_4388.JPG

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I think your de fruiting will cost you half of that . If it was my car I wouldn't sell it 110K unless it was a fire sale .

The fact that it has a WOVR on it would not bother me either as long as it wasn't a shitter

possible? what would a set of factory wheels cost these days?

unfortunately 145k is way to close to the 180k for the clean title one at Lorbek - yes its not a CS, but still.....

Just now, wilson59 said:

My car has the folding buckets

IMG_4388.JPG

yes I noted the folding option, I'm sure that comes in handy, I'm just wishful thinking for same same but fixed :D 

1 minute ago, williamsf1 said:

possible? what would a set of factory wheels cost these days?

unfortunately 145k is way to close to the 180k for the clean title one at Lorbek - yes its not a CS, but still.....

I see your dilemma . If your entry fee is not limited I would always spend the extra

Just now, wilson59 said:

I see your dilemma . If your entry fee is not limited I would always spend the extra

I've been given clearance from the Minister of Finance for 250k tops and then I'd need to sell the 996 so while that is the case I'd better hunt before I do something to upset the cabinet!

49 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I've noticed he now has the VIN included in his Ad...

WP0ZZZ99Z7S791408

For $2.. I couldn't help but get the PPSR for it. 

Here you go (attached PDF too) 

1841080855_ScreenShot2020-01-29at3_11_34pm.png.7fb3f7fee0c0f59319558ace3b4ecd24.png

That is pretty consistent with an off at the track, as the owner seems to state, into the wall motor first, then a bit of a spin... or I think the following sounds more appropriate: 

He did the mash, he did the monster mash
The monster mash, it was a graveyard smash
He did the mash, it caught on in a flash
He did the mash, he did the monster mash

Anyway, now the speculation can end, who is gonna buy it? 

PPSR%20Search%20Certificate%207428855475430001.pdf

Edited by edgy
didn't want to mix content.