997 GT3 Market Watch

27 minutes ago, edgy said:

It’s free to dream... but in reality, you can own a nice 997 GT3 road car + cup for the same total investment as one RS.... 

ok, think I just answered my own question 

Did you get the $175k? Still waiting for the car. Ho ho ho, geez I crack myself up.

On 04/01/2020 at 19:26, James P said:

For anyone interested ill be listing my immaculate 997.1 gt3 for sale at a realistic price, a new cup car has arrived for me.. feel free to call me on 0417369649 (genuine calls only please)

Oh.....trying to sell my 4S to get into a 997 gt3, james so I’ll ask you some questions that I’ve recently had to endure.....

does it have Bluetooth? 
there’s a small scratches on the centre console so you must have abused the car

the cars been resprayed, no it has not....Yep it has. Ok mate no worries

i just looked at one $20k cheaper. That was an auto with 25,000 ks more and no options. Yeah but it was cheaper

have you done the ims? Me have you done your research ?

all these engines have borescoring issues. All of them hey? So why you looking at one ?

whys it had so many owners? What 3 in 12 years?

why has it been owned in so many states? What 3? Maybe it likes to travel?

im going to drop and modify the engine So it’s a sleeper but waiting for the quote from my mechanic.

i seriously am starting to understand why people who have faultless cars end up selling them to dealers........

Tyre kickers. 

Public auction craze started all that shyt i rekon. Everybody thinks they're gun buyer without spending anything. Brag with other wankers with the same mission about what a dick the seller was so i didn't buy it. It's a fuchn sport.

You only need one buyer that actually wants it.

2 hours ago, JB said:

Oh.....trying to sell my 4S to get into a 997 gt3, james so I’ll ask you some questions that I’ve recently had to endure.....

does it have Bluetooth? 
there’s a small scratches on the centre console so you must have abused the car

the cars been resprayed, no it has not....Yep it has. Ok mate no worries

i just looked at one $20k cheaper. That was an auto with 25,000 ks more and no options. Yeah but it was cheaper

have you done the ims? Me have you done your research ?

all these engines have borescoring issues. All of them hey? So why you looking at one ?

whys it had so many owners? What 3 in 12 years?

why has it been owned in so many states? What 3? Maybe it likes to travel?

im going to drop and modify the engine So it’s a sleeper but waiting for the quote from my mechanic.

i seriously am starting to understand why people who have faultless cars end up selling them to dealers........

Even more reason why good  cars are sold off market. Once they hit carsales you open yourself up to a world of morons. 

I really find it surprising that your car hasn't moved by now. 

14 hours ago, T-Man said:

Even more reason why good  cars are sold off market. Once they hit carsales you open yourself up to a world of morons. 

I really find it surprising that your car hasn't moved by now. 

Thanks Theo yeah priced to sell in the market like everything open to negotiation. Would have loved to have sold off market to a member or enthusiast as it is a great car, and would have kept if I had the means...It was sold however fell though at the last minute as the guy was a moron.

maybe a time of year thing, see what the new year brings....

3 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

997.1 or 997.2 GT3 club sport?

what is the market like these days?

Not across .2s but I did follow .1s for a while and they appear to have flat lined for at least the last couple of years.  They settled at high 100s and stay there even as 991s fell from 300 to nearly 200 now and 996s grew to mid to high 100s.  It’s not far off 996, 997, 991 all being pretty similar in price.

i say this because in August ‘17 i very nearly bought a while 07 997.1 GT3 CS from RSR.  I reckon I could have bought it for $180k (list was mid to high 180s I think).  I ended buying a GT4 instead for slightly more.

Haven’t really seen any 997s below that level since but nor have they jumped up.  The current cars listed are in the 180s to low 200s as they were when I was looking.  This one has been on market the whole time at 225k, it has just sat there bookending the top of the price range for 2.5+ years.  I reckon the owner forgot its there

bottom end is the orange peril written off car at $145k mentioned above but it’s an over priced outlier for obvious reasons we need not discuss again  😂

cp5034070696806904714.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460

3 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

so let's see what is out there?

997.1 or 997.2 GT3 club sport?

what is the market like these days?

input?

General numbers: 

997.1 CS - $180-220k 

997.2 CS - $220-$260k 

theres exceptions on either end of the spectrum of course... 

20 minutes ago, James P said:

My 997.1 Touring is for sale (haven't advertised it anywhere yet)

James O417 369 649

IMG-5863.jpg 

That does look quite the car!

I'm a 996 owner however forgive me for not knowing the in's and out's of a touring ( google's rapidly )

Great to see there are other cars out there potentially for sale privately rather than the merry-go-round of dealers

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Not across .2s but I did follow .1s for a while and they appear to have flat lined for at least the last couple of years.  They settled at high 100s and stay there even as 991s fell from 300 to nearly 200 now and 996s grew to mid to high 100s.  It’s not far off 996, 997, 991 all being pretty similar in price.

i say this because in August ‘17 i very nearly bought a while 07 997.1 GT3 CS from RSR.  I reckon I could have bought it for $180k (list was mid to high 180s I think).  I ended buying a GT4 instead for slightly more.

Haven’t really seen any 997s below that level since but nor have they jumped up.  The current cars listed are in the 180s to low 200s as they were when I was looking.  This one has been on market the whole time at 225k, it has just sat there bookending the top of the price range for 2.5+ years.  I reckon the owner forgot its there

bottom end is the orange peril written off car at $145k mentioned above but it’s an over priced outlier for obvious reasons we need not discuss again  😂

cp5034070696806904714.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460

I am going to mention the orange peach / peril but merely to support your valuation on what its worth.   You forgot to mention the what looked to be a very clean 997.1 gt3 in white that I posted to you about 3 months ago in Perth that was initially asking  150k that I offered to test pilot on your behalf in the Perth hills.     I thought what's the catch at the time and super zoomed in on every photo and it looked a much cleaner car than the red one at circa 165k at Richmonds in SA that took a while to sell and everyone was banging on about  how cheap it was and surprised it had left the building at that price much earlier..  The Perth car apparently had all dealer stamps,  major service just  done at dealer circa 50k on the clock and fully  detailed.  If I recall, correctly,  owner was very forward in the ad saying bring on any ppi.   Appeared to very a  clean  car even for polishers and to me it indeed was very well polished for the photo shoot for the car sales ad. Reckon that car  sold in around a week or two.   With that as a reecent reference point, ( been tracking prices at the low end as well) to me, a bit puzzled   a few opined your view of circa 120k for the white / orange peril   / previous WOVR / jig saw puzzle of a  history was a  low  ball market talking  down insulting view of whats it worth.   For me relative to that Perth car, even if that had  been  previously written off ( pretty sure it wasn't) a much cleaner car and reckon 120 max is spot on for the white / orange peril  and like you, a WOVR would not be an issue to own  if priced right.   Each to their own what  they are worth, but surely a WOVR is not a mere 5k discount on a non WOVR using the Perth car (  150k asking) . as a good car to compare against  with both cars being similiar build years  and base colour.  Did anyone on here pick up that Perth outlier ( way too cheap if your already vested?) and been silent so they can flip it down the track with some upside  or was  it a bucket of crap in terms of drive train or  had some panel damage that was repaired really well  but avoided being put on a WOVR, i.e a far away princess. 

PS If some think 120k is a low ball insultation offer on that  white / orange  peril, look up what what glass's guide consider the trade in range on   997.1  gt2 is worth, noting they have  no views  on a 997.1  gt3. But surely a gt2  is worth more than a gt3 ( gt3 rs's excepted) 

7 hours ago, edgy said:

General numbers: 

997.1 CS - $180-220k 

997.2 CS - $220-$260k 

theres exceptions on either end of the spectrum of course... 

Seems to be about right although its very hard to pin point with very little open market transactions over the past 12 months.

(GT3cs) At the moment it appears 996 sellers are holding tight at 135 - 150's 997 as above the down pressure is coming from the 991's  .1's anywhere from very low 2's with the .2's now appearing below 300k

5 hours ago, smit2100 said:

For me relative to that Perth car, even if that had  been  previously written off ( pretty sure it wasn't) a much cleaner car and reckon 120 max is spot on for the white / orange peril  and like you, a WOVR would not be an issue to own  if priced right.   

Maybe I’ll text your assessment to Mr orange peril with an offer of 95k, see how that goes 😂