997 GT3 Market Watch

On 07/03/2019 at 10:04, Scott SS964 said:

Hey everyone I am putting my 2010 997.2 GT3 Club Sport up for sale.
It's a Carrara White with Platinum wheels - 33,000kms on the clock.
Full Factory warranty until April 2020
Full Porsche Cars service History
No Over revs
Its 1of 36 997.2 Club sports delivered to Aus for years 2009 - 2011 (ref 40 997.2RS's delivered to Aus in this model)

Options list - 
P03 - Sports Bucket seats (folding carbon race seats as opposed to fixed)
003 - Club Sports Package
140 - Dynamic Engine Mounts
474 - Lifting System Front Axle   (this has been replaced under warranty)
579 - 6 Point Belt Passenger Side
639 - Sport Chrono package
870 - Universal Audio Interface
XLG - Storage Bin Lid in Alcantara and Porsche Logo

803177605_Image29-1-19at6_09pm.thumb.jpg.4c8c561a22512112699722234f2779ed.jpgGenuine reason for sale and yes I'm staying in the 997 fold if i can achieve a sale.

Looking for $250K pm me if you have any interest.

Would this be the most recent .2 CS sale?

6 hours ago, DJM said:

Maybe I’ll text your assessment to Mr orange peril with an offer of 95k, see how that goes 😂

Perhaps add the screenshot attached  and note  that pricing ( tradein) is for unWOVR for a bit more substance.  But from a fellow patient bottom feeder that has the occasional dip as well based on a desktop review and a few calls and doesn't subscribe to test driving the model or the car in question let alone sight it, nothing wrong with cherry picking pricing  guides like the one below to assess a potential bargain as I see it if you work on the bottom of the range wholesale numbers to start the ball rolling on a quick no nonsense cash based EFT  / no major issues on a ppi based transaction after an initial conversation with the bullshit meter finely calibrated.   At that offer price, perhaps it  would well and truly cross you off the sellers contingency plan down the track based purely on their principles.   That is they  could potentially tap you for 120k with a bit of backpedaling / eating some humble pie  to test which of your principles come out on top especially with that Scottish genery  if they get super desparate and market realisation hits.   ( its not a lemon, but more of an orange than a peach)   A very astute previous post shedded light on a view that put forward even bottom feeder licensed traders are unlikey to waste a call when they see WOVR. However, at a circa 50% discount to what appears to be consensus recommended retail asking from the brains trust, that's indeed taking the piss even for a WOVR.  Or is that offer  for 95k minus the drivetrain.? ( did seem to swing the other way with respect to low ball if that was the case but have to ask just to confirm).

Screenshot_20200110-085103_Chrome.jpg

@smit2100 and to think I was accused of talking down values.  I think you’ve taken the baton now, run son, run. 😂 

but seriously I’m not interested in the wovr car, the guy proved to be a dick, next.  I was already off his Xmas card list before even discussing an offer.

can you get amongst the 991 GT3 thread and apply your analysis over there.  If you could talk down a .2 RS to say, $250k, that’d be great.

On 10/01/2020 at 22:21, JWM said:

I noticed this on Carsales this evening. I assume it’s not your car @James P ?

They really do look great in white!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/OAG-AD-18344207

7DC34441-3F27-4A66-8624-8EBDD8D8815B.jpeg

Hi all, 

First off let me say i have just read this entire thread over a day or so and really appreciate the information it contained.

Moving to my first question does anybody know anything about this car and what i could reasonably expect to buy the car for? 

I have had a lazy eye on the 997.1 turbo market for a few years and the 997.1 GT3 market for probably the last 6 months or so. 

Thanks 
Mike

30 minutes ago, MHC said:

Hello again, 

I was wondering if there was anyone in Brisbane who would be willing to take me for a ride in their 997.1 GT3?

Would happily buy you a carton of your favorite beer :)

Thanks, 

Mike

Be careful you will most definitely want one after being in one  . Hope you like grinning 

That is the plan!

There's none for sale here at the moment so I cant even kick the tires let alone get a test ride. I already have my "dream car" and it is a lot of fun and fairly quick so i wouldn't mind experiencing one before i start to waste the time of someone selling a car just to get a test drive. I also want to make sure i enjoy it more than my current sports car so i dont regret selling that after attaining a gt3.

I drove a friends 930 turbo once but id imagine the 997.1 gt3 is quite different. 

6 minutes ago, MHC said:

That is the plan!

There's none for sale here at the moment so I cant even kick the tires let alone get a test ride. I already have my "dream car" and it is a lot of fun and fairly quick so i wouldn't mind experiencing one before i start to waste the time of someone selling a car just to get a test drive. I also want to make sure i enjoy it more than my current sports car so i dont regret selling that after attaining a gt3.

I drove a friends 930 turbo once but id imagine the 997.1 gt3 is quite different. 

Do tell . What car will you need to sell .

yes quite different than a 930 turbo 

2 minutes ago, MHC said:

It's a 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec 2. It is quite modified with suspension and brakes etc and makes around 500hp at the engine. Which is actually pretty conservative as far as GT-R's go.  

Nice 👍.  I don’t think the GT3 will disappoint but I am biased . I had never been in one before I bought one and I figured worse case scenario I will still like looking at it if I don’t like driving it 

Thanks, I don't think so either. I would say the power to weight would be similar but I'm starting to get to the point in my life it's not all about speed anymore. I have had the GT-R a bit over 4 years and never thought i would sell it.

I've actually been watching the 997.1 turbos for the longest but it seems its just too hard to get a manual and if they do come up as a couple have on Carsales recently, then they get a bit expensive. Once i realised the GT3's were similar in price and all manual i became a lot more interested in them than the turbos.

Also if you have any GT3 buddies up here who could help me out that would be great. Happy to be contacted via Facebook or something so you can see im not some sort of freak too ;)

Thank you for the offer James, i really appreciate that. If it comes down to it maybe I will jump on a plane.

I just love my current car so much i need to be 110% sure the GT3 is the right car for me. I haven't spent years dreaming about it seriously (like i did with the GT-R), i am just in the lucky position the the GT-R has risen in value quite a bit and i am now in a position to stretch myself and get into a GT3 perhaps. I have spend quite a bit of time around Porsche's and something about them has always appealed to me though. 

Another problem i have is the GT-R is still appreciating and I'm not sure the GT3 will continue to but who knows, this thread provided some good information on that front.  Its not the bottom line for me but just one of the many things to consider. 

2 minutes ago, MHC said:

Thank you for the offer James, i really appreciate that. If it comes down to it maybe I will jump on a plane.

I just love my current car so much i need to be 110% sure the GT3 is the right car for me. I haven't spent years dreaming about it seriously (like i did with the GT-R), i am just in the lucky position the the GT-R has risen in value quite a bit and i am now in a position to stretch myself and get into a GT3 perhaps. I have spend quite a bit of time around Porsche's and something about them has always appealed to me though. 

Another problem i have is the GT-R is still appreciating and I'm not sure the GT3 will continue to but who knows, this thread provided some good information on that front.  Its not the bottom line for me but just one of the many things to consider. 

I can see the 997 GT3 being a collectible car for sure but don’t let that be your decision maker 

6 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I can see the 997 GT3 being a collectible car for sure but don’t let that be your decision maker 

Thanks I agree with that. The American market is just doing silly things to the GT-R market at the moment with the cars soon available under their 25 year rule. In no way to do i think they are worth what they have risen to and are forecast to do by 2024.

We only ever know when something has reached its peak potential once the prices starting coming down again... 

In terms of values, the 997 GT3 has bottomed out around 2013-2015 then saw a bit of a revival in 16-18... from late 18-19 they've come back a bit and appear to have flat lined... who knows how long that will last, history tells us only one thing when it comes to the special model 911's over the long term, especially when in low delivery numbers, and that is an upward trajectory. 

Anyhow, I agree with @wilson59 on this, don't let it be your deciding factor, and I find values of JDM cars are a bit like following spot markets at times... 

If you are one of those people who have the turbo bug, a GT3 will probably disappoint you, especially if you mainly use it on the road for straight line pulls... if you actually want a road registered track car to challenge you to drive it 10/10th's, there is NO better car... it is a very rewarding platform to learn to drive fast. 

Dont let me comment of road use put you off, they are actually pretty cool to put around in on the street... but its the track where you realise what you are dealing with.

V spec 2 R34 is a hell of a car, I see your conundrum... but I raise you a GT3 at the same time! :lol: 

Good luck, I'm in sydney if you ever find yourself down here wanting to look at one 

13 hours ago, MHC said:

Thanks, I don't think so either. I would say the power to weight would be similar but I'm starting to get to the point in my life it's not all about speed anymore. I have had the GT-R a bit over 4 years and never thought i would sell it.

I've actually been watching the 997.1 turbos for the longest but it seems its just too hard to get a manual and if they do come up as a couple have on Carsales recently, then they get a bit expensive. Once i realised the GT3's were similar in price and all manual i became a lot more interested in them than the turbos.

Also if you have any GT3 buddies up here who could help me out that would be great. Happy to be contacted via Facebook or something so you can see im not some sort of freak too ;)

I recently sold my almost stock R32 GTR and almost stock R34 GTR recently. The R32 was a much more enjoyable car to drive than the R34. I will say the R34 is not a fun car to drive in stock form, yours will be different. I have 3 aircooled porsches, turbo and non-turbo. I have kept them for a variety of reasons but primarily because of how they look, drive and sound. Lets not talk about values or future values.

I am also looking for a 997 GT3.

You'll have to drive a 997 GT3 or 997 TT and make your own mind up. But I probably already know you will choose the Porsches.

997 GT3 is probably the pinnacle of refined road car that's also a fun track car (overall size, weight, power etc.) 996's are on the rawer side and 991's are on the larger but vastly more refined side............for many the 997 is the balance between the 2. 

Can't comment re: the GTR comparison, only thing I hear about them is that they are 'fully sik'. 

13 hours ago, MHC said:

Thanks I agree with that. The American market is just doing silly things to the GT-R market at the moment with the cars soon available under their 25 year rule. In no way to do i think they are worth what they have risen to and are forecast to do by 2024.

I have recently spent a lot of time in USA &  I usually go to a 'cars&coffee' gathering outside Washington DC on Sat mornings.

I have been surprised at the big growth in RHD GT-R s that attend.

In past years you might see a RHD MG TC - but the number of wealthy guys buying older GT-R s must be for investment as I dont think it would be pleasant driving a fast RHD car on US roads; I reckon these guys could easily  buy a near new Godzilla for the same price.

The attendance of A/C 911s seems to be shrinking too as, I guess. collectors are storing them rather than driving them. Still a lot of warmed over GT3 s come, but there are scores of pimply kids with their Iphones surrounding them for their YouTube  productions. (Cops have cracked down on Mustangs doing burnouts!)