997 GT3 Market Watch

I stumbled on this 997.1 RS colour data on Rennlist today: 

2007 USA: 230total = 50 black, 25 silver, 90 orange, 25 green, 40 white 

2008 USA: 93total = 19 black, 5 silver, 32 orange, 18 green, 19 white 

USA: 323 total = 69 black, 30 silver, 122 orange, 43 green, 59 white 323 of 413 = 78%  

2007 Canada: 17 total = 3 black, 4 silver, 7 orange, 1 green, 2 white 

2008 Canada: 2 total = 1 black, 0 silver, 0 orange, 1 green, 0 white 

Canada: 19 total = 4 black, 4 silver, 7 orange, 2 green, 2 white  

2007 Mexico: 1 total = 0 black, 0 silver, 0 orange, 1 green, 0 white 

2008 Mexico: 1 total = 0 black, 0 silver, 0 orange, 1 green, 0 white 

Mexico: 2 total = 0 black, 0 silver, 0 orange, 2 green, 0 white 

2007 RoW: 16 total = 34 black, 17 silver, 79 orange, 20 green, 14 white 

2008 RoW: 140 total = 31 black, 12 silver, 44 orange, 20 green, 33 white 

RoW: 304 total = 65 black, 29 silver, 123 orange, 40 green, 47 white  

2007: 412 total = 87 black, 46 silver, 176 orange, 47 green, 56 white 

2008: 236 total = 51 black, 17 silver, 76 orange, 40 green, 52 white  

2007 + 2008 = 648 total = 138 black, 63 silver, 252 orange, 87 green, 108 white 648 of 1,909 = 34%"

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GRK930 said:

We have a winner here 

What's the prize? :D

Question for the GT3 crowd whilst i am in here, since it is the appropriate spot, and I am seeking unbiased opinion on this! Since I have invested a good chunk of church change into having my car resprayed to a factory finish, what are the thoughts on value if I were to sell it, or buy another like it? I am really wondering if I should be going back to my insurer to review the "agreed value" is why I am asking. 

1C40A415-AC2B-4D3F-9FED-EC1BB47FC0C6.thumb.jpeg.0deca607add84b35fada4bad7472f249.jpeg

38 minutes ago, edgy said:

What's the prize? :D

Question for the GT3 crowd whilst i am in here, since it is the appropriate spot, and I am seeking unbiased opinion on this! Since I have invested a good chunk of church change into having my car resprayed to a factory finish, what are the thoughts on value if I were to sell it, or buy another like it? I am really wondering if I should be going back to my insurer to review the "agreed value" is why I am asking. 

1C40A415-AC2B-4D3F-9FED-EC1BB47FC0C6.thumb.jpeg.0deca607add84b35fada4bad7472f249.jpeg

To me these sort of things never really make the car more valuable just easier to sell . Looks amazing by the way

51 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

To me these sort of things never really make the car more valuable just easier to sell . Looks amazing by the way

Well to give context, the car was not as nice when I bought it, therefore I bought it well at the time, so whilst its still not "the exceptional example", it is a lot better than when I bought it. At the time that I bought it, one in better condition kms, was around 10% more, so I'd argue a better condition car doesn't fetch more $$ 

So what is a nice similar 7.1 GT3 selling for is THE question? I can decide from there if its sufficiently insured or not... I actually don't care what it is worth, but I do want to ensure I have appropriate cover on it, I have been bitten once! I never want to go there again... 

7 minutes ago, edgy said:

Well to give context, the car was not as nice when I bought it, therefore I bought it well at the time, so whilst its still not "the exceptional example", it is a lot better than when I bought it. At the time that I bought it, one in better condition kms, was around 10% more, so I'd argue a better condition car doesn't fetch more $$ 

So what is a nice similar 7.1 GT3 selling for is THE question? I can decide from there if its sufficiently insured or not... I actually don't care what it is worth, but I do want to ensure I have appropriate cover on it, I have been bitten once! I never want to go there again... 

No doubt a better condition low km car is worth more I don't know what it was like before . The car I just bought I have done a lot to it so for me it is the condition I prefer but I don't think it is worth anymore money now .

I think they are low end 170 K High end 200 K for exceptional .

39 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I think they are low end 170 K High end 200 K for exceptional

32 minutes ago, James P said:

I'd agree with that 

That is kinda where my thoughts currently lie too... thank you. 

20 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I also think its a myth of CS are worth more than touring .

At this point in time, I agree 

Hypothetically,  if  you lose your GT3 by theft / accident / fire etc and you have to replace it with the insurance payout, I tend to look at the equivalent cars currently for sale in the market place. Therefore if a 997 GT3 seller is asking $xxx,000 that's probably what are going to have to pay for a reasonable replacement to your lost vehicle.

So that's what you need to insure your car for - what its actually going to cost you to replace your GT3. But its important you need to get an agreed $$ value sorted out between you and your insurer ....

I'm of the view a clubsport is worth a premium, for people who want to do track days, the odd spirited drive etc the seats and half cage are a factor that separates them from a touring.  It's a lot easier to get a set of stock sport seats than a set of OEM fixed buckets and corresponding half cage and significantly cheaper. 

43 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

I'm of the view a clubsport is worth a premium, for people who want to do track days, the odd spirited drive etc the seats and half cage are a factor that separates them from a touring.  It's a lot easier to get a set of stock sport seats than a set of OEM fixed buckets and corresponding half cage and significantly cheaper. 

For certain people . I had a discussion with Marty at Richmond's who had 2 997 CS at the time and he wished one was at least a touring as he had many enquiries about buyers wanting touring models and passing on the CS cars

Yeah absolutely, fair point.  I suppose the price delta of paying the same for both cars say for example would mean that the cost of sourcing a standard set of seats is far easier and more economical than finding a set of factory buckets and half cage.  I'd expect that cage and seats would run the best part of $10k on the second hand market if you could find them, where as a set of touring seats could be had for a couple of grand.  

5 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Knowing what I know, if I were faced with two of the exact same cars in the same colour spec etc, I would find myself willing to pay a small premium for the CS, but nothing monumental like the sum of its parts. And only cos I track the car. 

4 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

But, But, But...

Some lardarses cant fit into clubsport seats, never mind getting in and (especially) out of the seats. 280109552_Drool1.gif.41dec3bbb4187fed97c3a2168fd4d5ef.gif375854514_Beer1.gif.c80bb26a1c6f2064e30f9b12358f594b.gif

Yeah good point! The 997 seats are terrible if you’re anything above a pants size 32!  996 GT3 seats better for dudes with the turbo body look. 😉

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

For certain people . I had a discussion with Marty at Richmond's who had 2 997 CS at the time and he wished one was at least a touring as he had many enquiries about buyers wanting touring models and passing on the CS cars

It’s valid, most people who buy ten actually don’t track them and if they do it’s the blue moon untimed day just for fun... you need only look at delivery stats for the generations to see a rapid decline of CS to Komfort ratio 

2 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Yeah absolutely, fair point.  I suppose the price delta of paying the same for both cars say for example would mean that the cost of sourcing a standard set of seats is far easier and more economical than finding a set of factory buckets and half cage.  I'd expect that cage and seats would run the best part of $10k on the second hand market if you could find them, where as a set of touring seats could be had for a couple of grand.  

No it’s much more obscene than that... the cage is about $8-9k through Porsche (circa $6k with carenwal) the seats are unobtainable unless you want the GT2 foldings @ €9000~ 

2 hours ago, James P said:

I have a full CS or RS cage sitting around so what do you think its worth? 

$5-6k if it’s mint!