997 GT3 Market Watch

• 3 weeks later...

Gents. Does anyone have any knowledge on this GT3 at Richmonds. Started last December at an ambitious $235K and now sub 2s. 

Qld car, then Vic and SA. Unusual leather/carbon option pack so may stand out in someone's memory. 

Any comments/criticism/advice welcome. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/OAG-AD-16749478

Cheers

50 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Gents. Does anyone have any knowledge on this GT3 at Richmonds. Started last December at an ambitious $235K and now sub 2s. 

Qld car, then Vic and SA. Unusual leather/carbon option pack so may stand out in someone's memory. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/OAG-AD-16749478

Cheers

I have seen the car to me it looks like it has spent some time on the track .

2 hours ago, T-Man said:

Cheers

I stopped by an had a sit in it last week. It seemed fantastic from surface level. I am only very new to them though, and wasn't looking at it too critically. I fell in love with the seats...probably shouldn't have sat in it. I don't think you'd be disappointed on its appearance.

1 hour ago, Shedpest said:

I have also looked at it and certainly looks like it has spent the majority of it’s life doing circles.

Had lots of owners, from what I have seen she has been a track whore that has done the East Coast tour of Oz.

Maybe you can elaborate for the T-Man what indicators you saw that would form this opinion; if you could also share your knowledge of its track work on the East Coast. 

Helpful information.

11 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Maybe you can elaborate for the T-Man what indicators you saw that would form this opinion; if you could also share your knowledge of its track work on the East Coast. 

Helpful information.

From what I saw the headlights and indicators were quite peppered for its km . More so than a road going vehicle 

7 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Gents. Really appreciate the feedback. That is what makes this forum such a great medium for this common interest. 

@Shedpest yes I'd like to hear more if you have anything to share. 

T man the car is nice as they all are other than what I noticed . 

Most time looking at second hand cars you usually look for the negatives the bitumen damaged headlights and indicators stood out to me 

Within saying that I would not let that put you off pursuing it further it is s nice looking car 

Certainly some interesting comments re: the white CS @ Richmonds... especially after my 'experience' with them... 

This I am sure was listed here a year or two back, love the mods... wonder if he will sell RS wing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-6269523/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2019 at 10:24, edgy said:

Certainly some interesting comments re: the white CS @ Richmonds... especially after my 'experience' with them... 

This I am sure was listed here a year or two back, love the mods... wonder if he will sell RS wing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-6269523/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

Edgy, can you elaborate on your ''experience"with Richmonds?

19 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Speaking of Richmonds..... Has anyone had a close look at the black GT3 for sale there. Any South Australians who can possibly give a quick condition summary? 

Looks reasonably clean in the photos... But? 

For what it’s worth, take the day off and jump on a plane. 2 to choose from so you’ll only need a one way ticket. 

58 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Speaking of Richmonds..... Has anyone had a close look at the black GT3 for sale there. Any South Australians who can possibly give a quick condition summary? 

I will go there today and have a look for you if you like . Anything specific you want me to look at ?

8 hours ago, T-Man said:

Hey T 

just went and had look at the black car it is very nice .

Spoke to a great guy Martyn with a Y down there it has  zero over rev just a really nice clean car .

The white car is OK but as mentioned before has all the signs of  a lot of track . Martyn with a Y told me it has a recorded history of over rev so something you might want to consider 

19 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Hey T 

just went and had look at the black car it is very nice .

Spoke to a great guy Martyn with a Y down there it has  zero over rev just a really nice clean car .

The white car is OK but as mentioned before has all the signs of  a lot of track . Martyn with a Y told me it has a recorded history of over rev so something you might want to consider 

Very much appreciated! Yes, Martyn with a Y and I have spoken about the white car and I have an email stating "we have completed an over revs check and all is good",

Strange that he is telling you it has an over rev history. regardless the white car is not on the radar.

Black car is older, more kms and a little more money. Obviously the condition has something to do with it. Really don't want anything I need to "rectify". @wilson59I'm assuming it didn't exhibit the pitted lenses and headlights of the white one. Let's see where this goes🤔

36 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Very much appreciated! Yes, Martyn with a Y and I have spoken about the white car and I have an email stating "we have completed an over revs check and all is good",

Strange that he is telling you it has an over rev history. regardless the white car is not on the radar.

Black car is older, more kms and a little more money. Obviously the condition has something to do with it. Really don't want anything I need to "rectify". @wilson59I'm assuming it didn't exhibit the pitted lenses and headlights of the white one. Let's see where this goes🤔

No it was very clean car . Headlights indicators all good . I would own it .

Paint is really nice . Buiks did the last service on the car all seems in order 

He did say someone was flying in today to view it 

8 hours ago, T-Man said:

I like where this is going.