997 GT3 Market Watch

18 hours ago, MHC said:

Another problem i have is the GT-R is still appreciating and I'm not sure the GT3 will continue to but who knows, this thread provided some good information on that front.  Its not the bottom line for me but just one of the many things to consider. 

If you are considering future values, I think the GT3 is a better bet than the TT. If you want to go fast in a straight line, the TT's are simple to mod to make a batsh!t fast car in a straight line, but a GT3 is more of a special beast, particularly if you head out for the odd track day.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

If you are considering future values, I think the GT3 is a better bet than the TT. If you want to go fast in a straight line, the TT's are simple to mod to make a batsh!t fast car in a straight line, but a GT3 is more of a special beast, particularly if you head out for the odd track day.

For sure GT3s are awesome as track weapons, though a TT is plenty capable and overlooked by many as a track car.  My 997 runs a 1:45 at Eastern Creek, its stock with the exception of better brake fluid, that's got to be pretty comparable with a 997 GT3.

5 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

For sure GT3s are awesome as track weapons, though a TT is plenty capable and overlooked by many as a track car.  My 997 runs a 1:45 at Eastern Creek, its stock with the exception of better brake fluid, that's got to be pretty comparable with a 997 GT3.

That’s not a comparison sounds like your  a gun .

Both great cars . I did a 1.36 on a BMW RR some other blokes did the same on a 848 Ducati but they had bigger balls than me 

12 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

A lowly 968 does EC in 1.19 on street tyres :P 

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

That’s not a comparison sounds like your  a gun .

Both great cars . I did a 1.36 on a BMW RR some other blokes did the same on a 848 Ducati but they had bigger balls than me 

Jesus I couldn't imagine doing that on a bike 😲

Just now, MFX said:

A lowly 968 does EC in 1.19 on street tyres :P 

Just with some Gucci aftermarket aero to help with the cornering :)

1 hour ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Re track and turbo'd mezger, particularly when you go beyond a slight tweak. https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/1162395-variocam-control-yields-huge-hp-torque-gains-with-no-increase-in-boost.html

12 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

OK so back to 997 GT3 market 😎

I'm in the market for a 997.2 GT3 CS 

How many do people think are out there? and what are the chances of one coming up in the next 6 months?

I think I bought the last one off the market . I have been looking at the market the last two years weekly and mine was the only one I have seen . 
Another guy here in Adelaide bought the only other one for sale in the last two years but it’s a touring model . 

D2D015B2-19F7-4C0B-855C-730D807E63B1.png

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

Instead of “please note the price is considerably lower than other GT3s on the market”, he needs to say “please note it’s overpriced for a written off GT3 with horrid orange bits”

oh damn, I tried hard not to comment and failed

55 minutes ago, williamsf1 said:

so honest question what would this have been sold for as a "write off" and what would have the repairs cost?

I see everyone is having a pretty hard dig at this car, who has gone and done an eye ball at it? :D 

Who knows. Some cars can get written off with very little damage. In this case it is all about it's perceived value. You could have a car that has a huge accident, have it repaired and it can have a completely clean title. It is only if you get paid out by the insurance that is gets 'written off' and then it has a stigma for life, like it or not.

Being on the WOVR is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as the repairs are done well and you know what you are getting into. You just need to know that you will get it cheap when you buy, but you will take a similar hit when you sell. The difficult thing is the more expensive the car, often the harder it is to sell, as there are generally a lot less people who are willing to spend $100k+ on a car with a dodgy history. 

1 hour ago, firstone said:

I recall a gt4 that was written off because the strut tower collapsed.

Easily repaired but written off.

The seller, would do well to find evidence of the the repairs to help his cause. Of course he may know and not want to diclose.

You really need photo's to corroborate, as every seller of a WOVR car I have every seen always says it was just a tiny bingle ;)

If that's the case then non can be driven on the road. Written off & repairable write off's are two different things aren't they?

Written off = gone/game over/crushed, repairable write off = fixable to roadworthy condition therefore rego'd & insurable. This is just my take, otherwise sellers of such cars can only expect to get scrap or parts value.

If it has been repaired as RWO would it need an engineers cert to prove its been repaired correctly?

I looked into it with a bike I was looking at and could only get third party property insurance on a repairable write off, but no coverage on the bike itself, have also heard the same story about hail damaged vehicles that were written off but still perfectly usable, but once paid out were not able to be reinsured for any damage to the vehicle itself, caveat emptor 

12 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

As far as I know Insurance company’s won’t insure a previously written off vehicle, no matter the extent of the damage, or how well it’s been repaired 

That may be the policy of some insurers, but I have owned a couple of WOVR cars in the past and had full comprehensive insurance on them without an issue.