996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

14 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yep he couldn’t help himself had to go and belt it through the hills he said it drives like new . That was cheap buying that car 

Haha, I was sure he was heading up to Windy Point, as I saw him about 100m from the Springbank road lights 😁

Will let you know if we're heading to Clarendon this Sunday morning, yet I have a busted toe, so braking isn't much fun at the moment 

12 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

How did you do that @LeeM?

I broke a toe 15 odd years ago during a cricket game - it still gives me grief! Unfortunately mine is on my clutch foot.

Kicked the missus in the arse for not washing my car 😁

Nah, our kitchen island bench actually. I wouldn't recommend it. Right foot, so braking hurts like a mofo. Broke coupla toes and a few bones on my left foot when I was racing bikes 12 years or so ago. Still can't wear steel capped boots (I have to wear the sandshoe ones) and still hurts every day

I can't work as I am unable to wear the shoes so I'm buggered doing much at all at the moment 😩

21 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

Seems reasonably priced. The car park pic makes it look like the front bumper has been resprayed?

20 hours ago, LeeM said:

Haha, I was sure he was heading up to Windy Point, as I saw him about 100m from the Springbank road lights 😁

Will let you know if we're heading to Clarendon this Sunday morning, yet I have a busted toe, so braking isn't much fun at the moment 

Since when did you need brakes Lee? 

Let me know if you are gong to Clarendon tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, quasio said:

If memory serves, this came up a few months back and whoever did the tyre kicking at the time was not complimentary.

8 hours ago, quasio said:

He has tried to sell that a couple of times before and as it says in the ad it’s been previously written off and still using the old photos of it too it seems high$$ to me.

8 hours ago, MARTY said:

He has tried to sell that a couple of times before and as it says in the ad it’s been previously written off and still using the old photos of it too it seems high$$ to me.

Was looking back thru my notes from when I was looking 12 mths ago, there was a silver 98 manual with 86000kms on WOVR for $39990 in Melbourne.  Looked to have some good options too - LSD, Sports susp, recent audio upgrade etc.  No idea what it sold for, and it did sit there for a while.  I would think it was probably at a 20% discount at least to the market, so yes, definitely agree this one is overpriced, probably is closer to a $50k car on the WOVR basis

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Was looking back thru my notes from when I was looking 12 mths ago, there was a silver 98 manual with 86000kms on WOVR for $39990 in Melbourne.  Looked to have some good options too - LSD, Sports susp, recent audio upgrade etc.  No idea what it sold for, and it did sit there for a while.  I would think it was probably at a 20% discount at least to the market, so yes, definitely agree this one is overpriced, probably is closer to a $50k car on the WOVR basis

And surely that would be on the assumption that the car is repaired properly? If someone went and looked at that $65k 996.2 and said it wasn’t great then the price should be lower again 

2 hours ago, JLD said:

And surely that would be on the assumption that the car is repaired properly? If someone went and looked at that $65k 996.2 and said it wasn’t great then the price should be lower again 

Absolutely.  Something that you can get from the register is when the car was added (and where).  This will give you some idea of the extent of the damage - eg another 98 car I looked at was added to the register in I think it was 2003, so, presumably that car would probably have been a $125k+ car at that time, so for the insurance co to write it off, it must have been a huge hit and very expensive to repair, whereas, if it was only added 3 or 4 years ago, then even a comparatively small hit that involved body panels could have been a $20-$40k repair, therefore written off even though much less damage and a better repair possible.  I had an $11k repair claim from a very low speed frontal impact accident 6 months ago, and there certainly didn;t appear to be much damage visually.

This looks like a very nice, low km, C4 coupe, in a great colour. Perhaps a tad optimistic pricing, but negotiable, and still apparently 100k less than a comparable 964, the prior holder of the most unloved 911 award.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/altona-meadows/cars-vans-utes/2001-porsche-911-carrera-4-manual/1201077903

Ooooh and a very nice looking mk2 manual targa with similarly low k's:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenhaven/cars-vans-utes/2004-porsche-911-targa/1201509712

2 hours ago, DT said:

This looks like a very nice, low km, C4 coupe, in a great colour. Perhaps a tad optimistic pricing, but negotiable, and still apparently 100k less than a comparable 964, the prior holder of the most unloved 911 award.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/altona-meadows/cars-vans-utes/2001-porsche-911-carrera-4-manual/1201077903

Looks nice. As a C4 owner I hope that is what it is worth!

4 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Hasn't been anything for sale that nice and at a decent price for a long time... High-ish kms but it presents well.

Timing is poor for me, otherwise I would have been to see it already