996-7 Turbo Market Watch

14 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I don’t normally look at the automatic cars but wow, just wow.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Auto-AWD-MY01/SSE-AD-5813938

To each his own I guess, not my thing, hope a lot of that would be reversible....

But an affordable price for a Turbo I would think

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Darwinism - as my mother always said, money and taste are mutually exclusive

hes gone to some serious effort to make it look that shit

Seems to be into layers and extra protection.   What's the go with that accelerator mod.  Is that a super cheap rubber mat jbwelded to the bottom half  of the after market accelerator pedal cover.   On the passenger side we have the the opposite hand  super cheap rubber mat over dare I say it a super cheap ill fitting carpert mat.  ( where is the red outer stitching on that mat)

So i'm thinking was that a spur of the moment may as well go for extra paint protection on the interior and go the 2 pack gloss job whilst  a few bits were dismantled to make way for that custom entertainment system. If so   looks like they ran out of paint.  Eg surely another pot would not have not gone to waste.   That silver section on the gear selector should of been matching gloss red and the overs could have been used on those  rubber mats.  If only they wrapped it to keep the same theme in and out. (easily ripped off)  

Or have I got it all wrong.    Eg three toned factory interior options  and its a bit of a kinder surprise.  i.e red duco under that wrap. 

I’m actually thinking there more to this car than literally meets the eye, my bet is the car is actually red under that wrap they have just left cut outs to expose the red on the exterior. The interior could also be factory, I’ve seen stranger options and wouldn’t be surprised, it’s a very high gloss and why would they go to the trouble of painting that thin strip along the dash, the red got red gauges are what go me really thinking. Now the cherry on top is the rear aero spoiler which is a very rare and expensive option. 

Im don’t judge a book by its cover, could be a bargain. 

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I’m actually thinking there more to this car than literally meets the eye, my bet is the car is actually red under that wrap they have just left cut outs to expose the red on the exterior. The interior could also be factory, it’s a very high gloss and why would they  go to the trouble of painting that thin strip along the dash and it’s got red gauges. Now the cherry on top is the rear aero spoiler which is a very rare and expensive option. 

Im don’t judge a book by its cover, could be a bargain. 

Red stitching on the dash too.................

3 minutes ago, hugh said:

Red stitching on the dash too.................

I’m now thinking the red stuff on the interior is also wrap, that rear wing normally comes with a carbon interior package, I suspect there is mint factory carbon under that red. 

8 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I’m now thinking the red stuff on the interior is also wrap, that rear wing normally comes with a carbon interior package, I suspect there is mint factory carbon under that red. 

Buy it. You could be a 996TT "Outlaw" 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen it mentioned here but I'm sure most on this thread know about it. Came on CS around 3? weeks back and sold in 1? week....997.1 Turbo man coupe Black with red int (looked a little darker than boxster red and wasn't flamingo red I am sure) with about 125,000klms iirc. Price was $120k. Had a little sticky beak at it today and looked to be in great shape, even the seat bolsters for 125,000klms - probably touched up from a yard sometime in it's life and also the front bumper and bonnet would definately have had a spray somewhere in it's life. Car looked like a very nice buy as even high k for a Turbo of this vintage will effect the usual price a fair bit but at $120,000 someone will be a very happy chappy and landed a good one at a good price.

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Haven't seen it mentioned here but I'm sure most on this thread know about it. Came on CS around 3? weeks back and sold in 1? week....997.1 Turbo man coupe Black with red int (looked a little darker than boxster red and wasn't flamingo red I am sure) with about 125,000klms iirc. Price was $120k. Had a little sticky beak at it today and looked to be in great shape, even the seat bolsters for 125,000klms - probably touched up from a yard sometime in it's life and also the front bumper and bonnet would definately have had a spray somewhere in it's life. Car looked like a very nice buy as even high k for a Turbo of this vintage will effect the usual price a fair bit but at $120,000 someone will be a very happy chappy and landed a good one at a good price.

@symsy.  Did you pick up this 997 turbo and hence the eagerness  to offload at least one of your  aircooled in the stable to make room.

20 hours ago, smit2100 said:

@symsy.  Did you pick up this 997 turbo and hence the eagerness  to offload at least one of your  aircooled in the stable to make room.

No mate .. I got the GT3 in for full service and pamper and now realise we are talking 10-15  ouch , thank god it do t boost ...

9 minutes ago, hugh said:

Did I not see the price get dropped by 20k? 

On my saved list it’s still at $185K SOLD, so can only assume it was close to asking as it was only listed for a week or so if that. These 997 manual turbo’s seem to sell very quickly, the last one sold for the same price in under a week. 

7 minutes ago, Fraz said:

On my saved list it’s still at $185K SOLD, so can only assume it was close to asking as it was only listed for a week or so if that. These 997 manual turbo’s seem to sell very quickly, the last one sold for the same price in under a week. 

I thought it was originally listed at 205 though?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know whether Porsche Cars Australia originally bought in and sold the 997.2 Turbo in a manual? 

I can only find PDK's listed for sale currently on Carsales (4 of them), but cannot find a way to search 'sold' cars on Carsales (does this exist??)

Thanks for any help.