The ugliest Porsche in Aus'

MFX

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Wow people do some horrendous things to P cars ................Hope you can bring it back to its former glory Jeff ...:Beer:

I have seen this thing done to 'Mum's hand me down Camry', but this was a very nice car at some stage. It had heated seats and a trip computer than my 996 never had. It currently has 115k on the clock and I tend to believe it. Under the ugliness, it looks like a reasonable car, and the k's are lower probably because it spent a lot of time off the road being 'modified'. As it is, you can't drive it for very long because the exhaust is unbearable. 

39 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I can't believe you drove it during the day. Wouldn't been seen dead in that.

Good onya for rescuing it.

Given all of the neons in it, an enclosed car trailer is the only way to not be embarrassed driving this car around.

My favourite is the tinted windscreen & smoky headlights (closely followed by the blocked radiator vents).  If you can spare one of the stoppers or two I'd love to stick one in my turnout jacket...will make me smile every time I use it.

41 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

My favourite is the tinted windscreen & smoky headlights (closely followed by the blocked radiator vents).  If you can spare one of the stoppers or two I'd love to stick one in my turnout jacket...will make me smile every time I use it.

Absolutely. I will save a couple for you :D

You could always do what I did many years ago. 

When my old 911 frunk gas struts gave up the ghost I got a broom handle, painted it black and stuck a random Porsche part number sticker and emblem on it.

You'd be amazed at how many people ( and people who should know better ) asked me if it was an original part 😀

Should do that with the door stoppers 😂

On 23/10/2020 at 19:19, crsedge said:

So what are the plans for it Jeff, other than the obvious body and interior transformations required?

Given the low kms am presuming not an LS1 conversion? :)

??!!  It's an absolute monty for an LS conversion.  Actually it isn't as it's not an S.

I reckon this thing would be awesome fun as a cheap track car with the 2.5 and if it blows up you can then drop something else in.

Cheap Coilovers, front Camber plates (or I guess on this car just enlarge the strut slots), set of 17” wheels (cheap R Specs 😊), brake pads and maybe some sway bars.

986 base is pretty cool as well since they are only 1250kg to start with so once you remove the spare tyre, tools and do some basic weight reduction it will end up a fair bit lighter than most other Porsche's.

6 minutes ago, rego said:

I reckon this thing would be awesome fun as a cheap track car with the 2.5 and if it blows up you can then drop something else in.

Cheap Coilovers, front Camber plates (or I guess on this car just enlarge the strut slots), set of 17” wheels (cheap R Specs 😊), brake pads and maybe some sway bars.

986 base is pretty cool as well since they are only 1250kg to start with so once you remove the spare tyre, tools and do some basic weight reduction it will end up a fair bit lighter than most other Porsche's.

I have a bunch of mods like you have suggested planned to start with keeping the basic 2.5. I have also got some power plans, and one possible one that popped up just this morning that could be extremely interesting :D