Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Just leave it in first and enjoy the symphony

Apparently the 40k was put there for pedestrians walking alongside the road.   I can't even blame push bikes.....

Niko, come back the long way via Boneo and Flinders, avoid SB & MM like the plague until winter. Much as I love the drive to Portsea and hanging around on the Peninsula it's nicer and sometimes quicker to go via Flinders ?

Yep agree Mike, I probably knew it would be ordinary today, and normally I do go the "long way", so serves me right.

Edited by Niko

What an absolutely sensational Melbourne day.   Grabbed the little woman and headed down to Portsea for lunch.

The place should be renamed Porschesea.   More porkers than you can poke a stick at.;)

Have to admit most of them were Cayenne"s but a couple of Cayman's.:D

I'm pretty sure I also caught the tail of a white Boxster Spyder with the last part of the plate 37 or 57 heading down the hill away from Porschesea.

Only down side was the traffic around the road from Safety Beach to Mt Martha.:(

Great twisties on a quiet day, but today too much traffic, and would you believe it now has a 40k zone in there.:o

Is it 40 or an advised 40? I believe it is advised. Saw the new poles there. I thought they have put the poles there because of the pedestrian's and also because cars were parking on that side of the road. 

Took the croc for a drive into Banjo Territory, up in dem dare hills..

Bumped into a few other PFA'ers, and a bit of work on D-Bangers bewdiful yellow Carrera.

Steves%201.jpg

Gary's very nice Targa...

Steves%202.jpgZe donk.   you could literally eat your lunch of it.   Phone photo does not do it justice.

Steves%203.jpg

D-bangers Carrera about to have a bit of work done on the Hand throttle.  (I love this thing)

Steves%204.jpg

And a  couple of lurking crocs

Edited by Niko

Felt like a quarter pounder and cheese at 6.30 this morning,

so headed off to SMackers, for brekky, and low and behold.... other Porsche people must have had the same urge

IMG_2492.jpg

So after talking about what a coincidence it was that we all had decided on a Big Smack at the same time, we decided to go for a drive...

IMG_2494.jpg

Nice handful of porkers........D-Banger - Niko - SteveGT3 - Tman - Bafe (aka Babe)

IMG_2499.jpg

So we mosied on up to Lake Mountain.    Lots of motor bike riders putting their lives on the line today.

And of course the Pushie brigade was out in force.    We had three of them taking up an entire lane in the hills on one occasion, so much for single file.

They would have known their were 5 angry P cars behind them as well.   But did that deter them...

Strange.. how some of them must really enjoy being wankers. 

IMG_2505.jpg

The Cayman is the front man here.....the other 4 hiding behind....

IMG_2506.jpg

And there they are...

IMG_2508.jpg

Steve GT3, Tman, Bafe and D-Banger.   Then we headed down to Marysville for brekky.

Great day, both roads and weather wise.    Also fantastic to see so many Club, historic and weekender cars out today.

Felt like a quarter pounder and cheese at 6.30 this morning,

so headed off to SMackers, for brekky, and low and behold.... other Porsche people must have had the same urge

So after talking about what a coincidence it was that we all had decided on a Big Smack at the same time, we decided to go for a drive...

IMG_2494.jpg

Nice handful of porkers........D-Banger - Niko - SteveGT3 - Tman - Bafe (aka Babe)

So we mosied on up to Lake Mountain.    Lots of motor bike riders putting their lives on the line today.

And of course the Pushie brigade was out in force.    We had three of them taking up an entire lane in the hills on one occasion, so much for single file.

They would have known their were 5 angry P cars behind them as well.   But did that deter them...

Strange.. how some of them must really enjoy being wankers. 

The Cayman is the front man here.....the other 4 hiding behind....

And there they are...

Steve GT3, Tman, Bafe and D-Banger.   Then we headed down to Marysville for brekky.

Great day, both roads and weather wise.    Also fantastic to see so many Club, historic and weekender cars out today.

this must be what the old farts do when they can't sleep on a Sunday morning. :P

Btw. Nice plates DUGgy.  Couldn't get DBANGA ?

this must be what the old farts do when they can't sleep on a Sunday morning. :P

Btw. Nice plates DUGgy.  Couldn't get DBANGA ?

us old farts can get up because we aren't playing video games or face spacing all night 

l think it's what the 'elite' do

spot on 

l think it's what the 'elite' do

I have to say I am disappointed by this type of comment.

If by "Elite" you mean we have done our own thing ...your right.....we did.   And we do...and we will...

We have put our hands up in the past and ran SMT's for the forum.

We have gone out and done the recce's then put the SMT into place.

That is a fair amount of organising normally,

then like it or not, you are unofficially in charge of that SMT, and you try to make sure everyone does the right thing.

If something serious happens, you can bet your life the organiser will be held accountable for his/her preparation instructions, briefing  etc etc to participants.

What you should remember is...this is a Forum.   We are not a car club where there are Race Directors and Rally directors etc etc etc 

We have Moderators....who look after the forum content.

We have a couple of Honorary members, who have been recognised by the Forum Owners for the contributions they give to the forum.

Non of those titles are SMT DIRECTOR.

If you want your runs organised for you, then you should be a car club member, sit back and let someone else do it for you.

If not, get out and organise one yourself and put it up on the forum.   It is pretty simple really.

Or... do what we did today, and have done in the past, and will do in the future...

Get a few good mates together and go for a drive, enjoy your car, enjoy the roads and above all enjoy your mates.

I have to say I am disappointed by this type of comment.

If by "Elite" you mean we have done our own thing ...your right.....we did.   And we do...and we will...

We have put our hands up in the past and ran SMT's for the forum.

We have gone out and done the recce's then put the SMT into place.

That is a fair amount of organising normally,

then like it or not, you are unofficially in charge of that SMT, and you try to make sure everyone does the right thing.

If something serious happens, you can bet your life the organiser will be held accountable for his/her preparation instructions, briefing  etc etc to participants.

What you should remember is...this is a Forum.   We are not a car club where there are Race Directors and Rally directors etc etc etc 

We have Moderators....who look after the forum content.

We have a couple of Honorary members, who have been recognised by the Forum Owners for the contributions they give to the forum.

Non of those titles are SMT DIRECTOR.

If you want your runs organised for you, then you should be a car club member, sit back and let someone else do it for you.

If not, get out and organise one yourself and put it up on the forum.   It is pretty simple really.

Or... do what we did today, and have done in the past, and will do in the future...

Get a few good mates together and go for a drive, enjoy your car, enjoy the roads and above all enjoy your mates.

Niko, sorry you took it that way. It was meant to be 'tongue in cheek'. Totally unintentional.  JB

Niko, sorry you took it that way. It was meant to be 'tongue in cheek'. Totally unintentional.  JB

no need for apology JB, I obviously did take it the wrong way.  

The comment re elitist has been used before, and I guess I'm a bit touchy with it.

if there was no harm intended and I'm sure there wasn't, it is I who apologises to you.

and...thanks for clearing that up.

us old farts can get up because we aren't playing video games or face spacing all night 

spot on 

I would've joined the old farts were I not in the garage fettling. 

As for being elite, isn't that when one is shown to be better than the rest?   Surely getting out with your mates and enjoying your Sunday is setting a great example for all of us.  

Bravo lads.