INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm Darrin.

I don't own a Porsche but, I've decided it's time to treat myself to one.

Specifically, a 981 Spyder. If you know of one for sale, please send them my way.

thanks, look forward to being an active member.

D.

Hey there, I'm Darrin.

Specifically, a 981 Spyder. If you know of one for sale, please send them my way.

D.

There is one on car sales in Sydney.  $225K though

Hello. Just signed up to this forum. Great site.  Owned Porsches for about ten years now. I have a 993tt and an old sc.

Welcome Kemas, would be great to see some pics of them

Hey there, I'm Darrin.

D.

Welcome D-Mag. You sound suspiciously like someone I may know. Good luck with the hunt and make sure you follow the whats for sale treads then

Hi Phil, thanks mate. I have had a look at that one but as much as I tried to talk myself into it, I don't think I could live with the Red interior.

Hi D Mag, yes I agree.  The red looks just too much redness in the photos.  Maybe in the flesh it looks better.  I have a full red interior in my other car and it looks great.  It's the dash in red that spoils the Spider though.  My Merc just has red seats and door inserts with just stitching on the dash.  Much more subtle than the full on red in your face look.

Good luck with the search.  Will be keen to see the 981 Spider at one of the PFA days when you find the right one

Hi,

Name is Denis, just bought my first Porsche, 996 Carrera c2. Ocean blue in colour. Bought it as a Christmas present. 

I live in melbourne in the norther suburbs but work in the city. So if you see the car give it a beep.

Nice work, love that interior colour!! Rest is pretty good too!

Welcome Denis, enjoy the forum and hopefully see you on an SMT or a coffee catch up.

Good looking car...

Also good idea cleaning out those radiators.    Big fault with P cars (IMHO) in that department letting so much crap get into them.

I'd suggest putting in some mesh guards at your earliest.

Any pointer on where i can get some suitable mesh from, The car comes with a terrible 2000's sliding out flip screen clarion that has sat nav and usb and bluetooth.. ill be swapping it for a apple carplay lol. It's so hideous i keep it closed as when its up i cant play with the aircons lol. But when its closed i can use the reverse camera function :(.

I do have the original headunit at home, somewhere.... 

Any pointer on where i can get some suitable mesh from, The car comes with a terrible 2000's sliding out flip screen clarion that has sat nav and usb and bluetooth.. ill be swapping it for a apple carplay lol. It's so hideous i keep it closed as when its up i cant play with the aircons lol. But when its closed i can use the reverse camera function :(.

I do have the original headunit at home, somewhere.... 

There are several DIY threads about moving the HVAC controls to the lower console, all thats needed is the correct surround. The cables are designed to reach the lower section as thats where they would be if you had the PCM1 or PCM2 unit.