INTRODUCTION THREAD

Great looking car Martin. Can see why it peaked GUT's interest. 

Hope you've already figured out which car you're going to sell to own this one or where you're going to store it.

Welcome @Avon. Plenty of love for 996's here. Which blue is it?

996 Pfft .. we wanna know more on the Esky .. educate these dudes will ya ..;)

Anyone who knows Fraz 

Fraz.. yes thats the guy used to be into Porsche.. drives a V8 UTE and  Fricken Toyota for godsake..  Was a lurker around on here for about a year or so talking of buying a car and then @Fraz bought one , obviously couldnt hand the precision and the needs to move beyond hack mechanic . 

When will we stop letting the riffraff into the forum.. I mean I know we said no polo shirts but that dudes always wearing a flanny and baseball cap

Hope you got all the parts .. he is good for taking stuff off a car and not remembering to put all the stuff back on, best not talk about who he hangs with either ..  LS3 engined 911s and more. Im sure those guys are on drugs

Oh Sorry , in refelection, thought I would edit and soften post a little , I have to say one possitive thing about the bloke , he did give @TrevMcRev a lift to DAK DAK , so maybe one of you melbourne crew might see if we cant put him back on the straight and narrow and return the favor and collect him , give him a damn good talking to and buy him a coffee.

Edited by symsy
To be a little bit nice to an ex-owner, u can leave the firm but not the forum...

Mr @symsy  the above post says more about you than me. :wub:

Welcome .. new member .. what car are you looking for .. of the fabled 6 pot factor … do not dilly dally to the dark side of the v8 force or to the weak latte  4 pot kind.. stay true to the guzzling to the flat 98 demons I suggest.

I can arrange a Mc Rev Uber  to support you on your quest , but styling products and or grip tape on the hat..will be required.. the dude keeps taking the roof off

I am meerly flirting with the water.. splish splash GT3 style, Im in transformation Fraz

IMG_1396 2

Hey Andy, have you stopped driving her yet, nice looking 964..........but those plates.........you should've been hunting for the next AC model :lol:.

I see you took these shots at Cardinia.  I love the road leading 2km each side of the entrance, I think the limit is100 there with the tree canopy covering the road and beautiful high speed bends just begging you to push the pedal harder........or maybe it's just me :rolleyes:.

Hey Andy, have you stopped driving her yet, nice looking 964..........but those plates.........you should've been hunting for the next AC model :lol:.

I see you took these shots at Cardinia.  I love the road leading 2km each side of the entrance, I think the limit is100 there with the tree canopy covering the road and beautiful high speed bends just begging you to push the pedal harder........or maybe it's just me :rolleyes:.

I was waiting for someone to call me out on those plates. Couldn't believe it - i walked out of Vic Roads and looked at them and couldn't believe it. What a ridiculous fluke.

In answer to your question, no i haven't stopped driving her. I've managed to find an excuse to get out every day since I picked it up. Last night it was a cruise at 9:30 just because.  I've never owned a car that I just feel a need to drive. Not with a destination in mind, not with an end goal. Just to enjoy the act of driving. The way I'm going, those Club plates won't be an issue for long! 

And yes there are some great sections of tarmac near Cardinia - the little section of Lysterfield Road before Wellington Road Is fantastic when not too crowded. And there's some lovely high speed bends closer to the damn itself. Definitely not just you!

Last night it was a cruise at 9:30 just because.  I've never owned a car that I just feel a need to drive. Not with a destination in mind, not with an end goal. Just to enjoy the act of driving. 

The drive is for the sensation

Not the destination:D

(I stole that saying from a billboard I seen today...Liked the saying, didn't pay too much attention to the car it was advertising Lexus maybe?)

The drive is for the sensation

Not the destination:D

(I stole that saying from a billboard I seen today...Liked the saying, didn't pay too much attention to the car it was advertising Lexus maybe?)

Well regardless of where it came from, a truer word was never spoken.

Hi.

Thought it was about time I did the introduction thing.

Finally after 28 years, I own a 911. I've had my 996 for around 8 months now after purchasing the car from a collector in QLD.

Originally the car was bought from Perth Porsche Centre in WA and owned by a Doctor who used it to commute from home to surgery .

When I picked it up, it was as pure stock Carrera as you could get, with the original wheels and tyres... but this baby only 28,000 KM's on the clock.

Had a few modifications done so far (not finished yet),

• Stereo, bluetooth and speaker upgrade
  • Cold Air Intake,
  • Sports exhaust,
  • Lobster Claw 19" wheels and tyres
  • Wheel spacers 
  • Rear wiper delete.

Car looked after by Darren @ Autocoupe

Every thing I imaged and more, totally in love with it and alway smiling when I drive.

Alan.

44.thumb.jpg.b15dc79ada44254efcb584307bb

Hi.

Thought it was about time I did the introduction thing.

Finally after 28 years, I own a 911. I've had my 996 for around 8 months now after purchasing the car from a collector in QLD.

Originally the car was bought from Perth Porsche Centre in WA and owned by a Doctor who used it to commute from home to surgery .

When I picked it up, it was as pure stock Carrera as you could get, with the original wheels and tyres... but this baby only 28,000 KM's on the clock.

Had a few modifications done so far (not finished yet),

• Stereo, bluetooth and speaker upgrade
  • Cold Air Intake,
  • Sports exhaust,
  • Lobster Claw 19" wheels and tyres
  • Wheel spacers 
  • Rear wiper delete.

Car looked after by Darren @ Autocoupe

Every thing I imaged and more, totally in love with it and alway smiling when I drive.

Alan.

Love the lobster claws and I'm a big fan of the deletion of rear wipers. Just makes the rear end look so much cleaner. Very nice.

Nice, did you have the hole patched and painted or did you replace the panel? 

I had a wiper delete plug ordered from a company in Germany that pre sprayed it Artic Siver. It's amazing just how clean the car looks after removal and to be honest in Australia we rarely use the rear wiper anyway. 

Love the lobster claws and I'm a big fan of the deletion of rear wipers. Just makes the rear end look so much cleaner. Very nice.

Thanks Andy... I went one step further and removed the Carrera badge too, just to get that super clean look... not sure the purists would approve ?

To introduce myself, long time Porsche fan since my dad had a few when i was a kid.

He had one of the first 924 Turbo's and then bought it back to Australia.

IMG_2260_zpsdvanendt.jpg

I've picked up a 987 Boxter S. So only about 38 years between these photos.

3e8ae825-2dcf-4ce5-b057-fc91ced1361e_zps

Nice Boxster Bibbs. Glad you changed outfit between those photos!

Nice Boxster Bibbs. Glad you changed outfit between those photos!

I did have a look for some dungarees and a donut, but thought better of it.

Porsche needs to do another two-tone paint scheme, that 924T looks brilliant.

@bibs do you know where that 924 is now?

No idea I'm afraid. I've had a chat with a few of the old-timers in the WA Porsche Club (I went on race days last year in my HSV), but no-one recognised it. Would have been sold about 1990 when my parents divorced. I believe it went to a local (Perth) doctor.

Edited by Bibbs
Grammar

HI GUYS, first time posting here. My first 911 . Took me almost a year to get the right car. Silver 997 S manual with low klms in collector condition. It is my dream car lol I have own 6 different boxsters/ cayman since 2000, until now I got a right car I want since it launch!

Cheers

Darren

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Not an owner yet but drove a friend's 911S 991 PDK on the weekend and now I have the Porsche bug... Pretty keen to pick out a manual and originally started looking at 997s but the budget keeps increasing so am now venturing into 991 territory and going through the usual PDK vs Manual thoughts in my mind! Hope to get the right vehicle for me soon... testing a couple of manuals this weekend to help me decide which way to go :)

Phan

Hi everyone. Not an owner yet but drove a friend's 911S 991 PDK on the weekend and now I have the Porsche bug... Pretty keen to pick out a manual and originally started looking at 997s but the budget keeps increasing so am now venturing into 991 territory and going through the usual PDK vs Manual thoughts in my mind! Hope to get the right vehicle for me soon... testing a couple of manuals this weekend to help me decide which way to go :)

Phan

IMHO Manual is the only way to go, taxis are autos. pls don't go with a 991 3.4ltr, stick with the S. Good luck with the search.

IMHO Manual is the only way to go, taxis are autos. pls don't go with a 991 3.4ltr, stick with the S. Good luck with the search.

Thanks... 991S Manuals are steep in price... even the 2012 build non S 991s are asking way higher price than what redbook quote although I know redbook isn't entirely accurate when it comes to these type of cars as it's based on what people put down for stamp duty purposes... will be seeing a non S and S manual in Melbourne this weekend... not sure how much wriggle room these dealerships work with as it's my first time buying cars in this price bracket. Will update once I have a car or start a WTB thread in the marketplace!

Thanks... 991S Manuals are steep in price... even the 2012 build non S 991s are asking way higher price than what redbook quote although I know redbook isn't entirely accurate when it comes to these type of cars as it's based on what people put down for stamp duty purposes... will be seeing a non S and S manual in Melbourne this weekend... not sure how much wriggle room these dealerships work with as it's my first time buying cars in this price bracket. Will update once I have a car or start a WTB thread in the marketplace!

Redbook is useless, good luck with seeing the cars this weekend though! 

There's quite a few 2012/13 991's been sitting around for 6 months in Sydney, not sure about Melbourne. I think there could be a fair bit of wriggle room. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2013/SSE-AD-4239562

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2012/OAG-AD-13735328/

These two have been around since christmas.

good luck

Thanks for the input guys... In Melbourne this weekend from Adelaide so it's an opportunistic inspection. The Sydney dealer one looks worth an enquiry if the Melbourne ones don't stack up. Two non s and one s on the agenda. How much wriggle room do these Porsche dealerships have? Unchartered waters for me.