INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!

First mods on the list for me would be the Becker AUX cable for the CDR-220! Thats my favorite part of the MK1 - No MOST!! :D

Cheers

Any pointer on where i can get some suitable mesh from, The car comes with a terrible 2000's sliding out flip screen clarion that has sat nav and usb and bluetooth.. ill be swapping it for a apple carplay lol. It's so hideous i keep it closed as when its up i cant play with the aircons lol. But when its closed i can use the reverse camera function :(.

I do have the original headunit at home, somewhere.... 

Hi Guys,

I replaced my CDR with a bluetooth headunit. posted some pics/ commentary over in DIY thread. Did a lot of research. Give me a shout if you like.

+1 on 'No MOST!! :D'

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Gold Coast member here. 

Recently sold my Ducati Panigale and went for something slightly safer and able to do the school runs in a Carrera S. Loving it, the Sports Plus button is Holly Molly!

My wife also trucks around in a Cayenne which has been a brilliant everyday vehicle. Hard to complain about close to 900km per tank of Diesel.  

JjJn4Zj.jpg

ACCx8pp.jpg

6ykXUbj.jpg

mgoY2iL.jpg

Edited by nzjono

Hi all. Gold Coast member here. 

Recently sold my Ducati Panigale and went for something slightly safer and able to do the school runs in a Carrera S. Loving it, the Sports Plus button is Holly Molly!

My wife also trucks around in a Cayenne which has been a brilliant everyday vehicle. Hard to complain about close to 900km per tank of Diesel.  

JjJn4Zj.jpg

ACCx8pp.jpg

6ykXUbj.jpg

mgoY2iL.jpg

Wow what beautiful cars. Both in Grand Prix White too.  Bring them down for Cars and Coffee Gold Coast this coming 18th February at 238, Mudgeeraba Road, Mudgeeraba. Hope to see you there. Sohan. 

Edited by HH1
Incorrect spelling

Good morning folks. 

Haven't got one and the way house prices are going together with the wife's desire for a sibling for the 2 year old, it's not likely to happen anytime soon.

That said, the pages of various US classic car sales sites are trawled daily and the buy button is hovered over with worrying regularity. 

Keeping it real, I'm only looking at SCs and the occasional 912E and being 6'4", I'm tempted by targas, though the coupe and some lowering mechanism for the seat is a consideration.

Came late to the 'want' of these terrific machines but so into them now that it's crucifying me.

One day that perfect, one owner, low mileage example for under 30KUS shall be mine. In the meantime, I've got a few questions need answering of you lot on other threads. I hope you don't mind.

Hi Chaps

This is Greg Bailey. New member now for all of 2 minutes and new to Australia for all of a week:D 

I'm a mate of Hugh via the early 911S forum. As an intro, hopefully a couple of you have heard of my old graft back home in South Africa called Bailey Cars. Any way I've now moved to Melbourne with my family and hope to bring my 2 cars over here in the next few months. A 1967 911S (barnfind story as on early 911S) and a 74 IROC RSR recreation.

I hope to see and meet a couple of you all at Sandown on Sunday

Cheers Greg 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Quick intro, my names Ash from Sydney's Inner West. Just forked out the deposit for a black 981 Cayman Manual, picking it up in a few days! My first Porsche, something I've wanted for a long time, and am so stoked to finally get into one. Think I'm going to be having a lot of fun in this car :D

Hope to meet you guys on some upcoming events!

Cheers

Congrats Herbie, a great choice of Porsche.   And it has a man peddle, so even better.

Your gonna love it.   Be great to see a photo or two when you get it.   I'm sure the Northern chapter will take you under their wing and look after you.

Welcome also to a great forum.   Don't be shy and feel free to ask questions.   Nobody will bite your head off here.

Enjoy your coming sleepless nights.

Hi Everyone, 

First post and first Porsche.

I purchased the car at the beginning of February and its fantastic! Its an Arctic Silver 2006 911 Carrera manual with 40K kms. Yes i know, it doesn't have factory wheels (which I was also unsure of ) but have actually really started to like the Techarts. They just need the coloured Porsche crests! 

M

IMG_0489s.jpg

Hi Everyone, 

First post and first Porsche.

I purchased the car at the beginning of February and its fantastic! Its an Arctic Silver 2006 911 Carrera manual with 40K kms. Yes i know, it doesn't have factory wheels (which I was also unsure of ) but have actually really started to like the Techarts. They just need the coloured Porsche crests! 

M

IMG_0489s.jpg

Welcome, to the forum. Who cares about originality, the wheels look great.   Forget the coloured centres, I'd just repaint these a darker shade to match the wheels.

Hi Chaps

This is Greg Bailey. New member now for all of 2 minutes and new to Australia for all of a week:D 

I'm a mate of Hugh via the early 911S forum. As an intro, hopefully a couple of you have heard of my old graft back home in South Africa called Bailey Cars. Any way I've now moved to Melbourne with my family and hope to bring my 2 cars over here in the next few months. A 1967 911S (barnfind story as on early 911S) and a 74 IROC RSR recreation.

I hope to see and meet a couple of you all at Sandown on Sunday

Cheers Greg 

Hey Greg, welcome to the forum, and welcome to Oz!

Was it your company that was featured on a recent GT40 'Supercar Megabuild' I watched the other day on Foxtel? I'm sure it was a South African company

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the welcoming. As cool as I'd love to sound, that was not us. I didn't see the show but the chances are it was a company called superformance or Hitech Auto. They sell loads of gt40 and cobras to the USA as mostly road cars. Our business focused on pure race cars and restorations. 

Cheers Greg

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the welcoming. As cool as I'd love to sound, that was not us. I didn't see the show but the chances are it was a company called superformance or Hitech Auto. They sell loads of gt40 and cobras to the USA as mostly road cars. Our business focused on pure race cars and restorations. 

Cheers Greg

Ah yes, It was one of the two

Cheers ;)

Hello there,

I'm Andrew from the Hawkesbury region in Sydney.  I live on a few acres and I'm currently doing our landscaping using an excavator.  I consume mulch in multiples of hundreds of cubic metres and build garden beds with sandstone 'stones' > 500 kgs.  I am in business intelligence to earn a few bucks to pay the mortgage and buy fuel (you'll see why in a minute).

I bought an Evo 9 when I turned 40 - I bought it new and it's now almost 10 years old and has travelled 275,000kms.  Sensational vehicle and has been a cheap car to run and own aside from the 4 accidents (I hit a kangaroo in 1 and the others were all me being hit by others plus a keying of 6 panels - which totals 11 months off the road in the 10 years), I've driven it 6-7 days a week.

We also have a 7 yr old MB C200 which we bought in late April last year at 24,750kms (about 6k kms a year to that point in time)....it now has 60,200kms on it.  It too has been a cheap car so far and my wife likes it.

I'm looking in to a circa 7 year old Cayman as a 50th birthday gift to myself later this year. 

Obviously we do a lot of kms and I'm not afraid of putting distance on the odometre (our 3rd car is a Jackaroo that we've put 360,000+ kms on it in 17 years) just as long as I keep feeding them oil, filters and fuel :-).  The Evo is a relatively highly strung car straight out of the factory and gets a new filter and oil every 5,000kms (or about every 8-9 weeks).

This is why I'm still considering what car is next.  Servicing is one thing, expensive and/or inconvenient stuff breaking is another and given where I live and how far I am from public transport, the car needs to be reliable and start each and every time I want it to....the Evo has done that as has the Jackaroo and MB.  Will the Cayman, and at what price???  I'll ask this in a separate post somewhere.

Anyway, hello from me.

Cheers Niko, yeah I considered a PDK, but it's just not the same without that extra pedal!

Picked up the car yesterday and have already clocked up about 700km, and loving every one of them (even in this weather!).

It feels good when you walk back out from a pit stop and find a teenager taking photos of your car. He apologised but I stood back and said 'go for it'. 

Anyway, here's some pics for your viewing pleasure :P

IMG_20170305_080531_zpsb8nhkuyq_edit_148

IMG_20170305_080552_zpsg3lznzny_edit_148

IMG_20170305_080509_zps1clqnxuq_edit_148

Herbie, that car is stunning.:wub:   Great choice, the colour, the manual, just perfect.   Cayman's are near perfect in my humble opinion.

ha ha, 700 clicks already, your addicted :lol:...... Enjoy the car, thanks for the photo's, I can see why the young tacker wanted to photograph it.

Now.... lets see if you don't go out and have a look at it again, before you go to bed tonight.:P

(Bet you do)