INTRODUCTION THREAD

G'day all, firstly great forum have been lurking around since I began my research for one of the most important and exciting purchases of my life and now I'm proud to say that today/yesterday 9th I finally bought my dream car and now it's 4am and I haven't slept yet (driving & reading manuals) and I understand what all the fuss was about. Driving a 911 is just mental!!

A big big thank you to all the 996 haters out there in the bigwideweb who made this dream possible for me, without them it still would've been out of reach for me.

I found myself a great specimen with uber low K's - LN IMS solution installed and with the body and interior clean as a whistle, previous owner really loved this car.

It's the 2004 C2 auto in silver ... Now before you have a go at me for buying the auto, I know I know trust me I know but it's our daily driver and I had to come to a compromise with my wife who refuses to drive manual. Condition: We'll get the auto but I get to put racing stripes on it hehe you should've seen those eyes roll haha. 

Looking forward to interacting with you guys and gals and hopefully joining a convoy of P's in the very near future. 

Cheers! 

Carlos. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Ourkind
Grammar

G'day all, firstly great forum have been lurking around since I began my research for one of the most important and exciting purchases of my life and now I'm proud to say that today/yesterday 9th I finally bought my dream car and now it's 4am and I haven't slept yet (driving & reading manuals) and I understand what all the fuss was about. Driving a 911 is just mental!!

A big big thank you to all the 996 haters out there in the bigwideweb who made this dream possible for me, without them it still would've been out of reach for me.

I found myself a great specimen with uber low K's - LN IMS solution installed and with the body and interior clean as a whistle, previous owner really loved this car.

It's the 2004 C2 auto in silver ... Now before you have a go at me for buying the auto, I know I know trust me I know but it's our daily driver and I had to come to a compromise with my wife who refuses to drive manual. Condition: We'll get the auto but I get to put racing stripes on it hehe you should've seen those eyes roll haha. 

Looking forward to interacting with you guys and gals and hopefully joining a convoy of P's in the very near future. 

Cheers! 

Carlos. 

Great looking car Carlos, can't wait to see pics of it with the racing stripes installed!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the C2.   You've done well, looks sensational.

Dont worry about the compromise with missus, having an auto Porsche is still miles ahead of not having a Porsche at all.

I dare say you have by now jumped out of bed from your sleepless night, gulped down breakfast and are about to take it for a good drive.

Enjoy it mate, and don't worry about the 996 putter downers, I agree with you, that's their problem and it's to your benefit.

Great looking car Carlos, can't wait to see pics of it with the racing stripes installed!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the C2.   You've done well, looks sensational.

Dont worry about the compromise with missus, having an auto Porsche is still miles ahead of not having a Porsche at all.

I dare say you have by now jumped out of bed from your sleepless night, gulped down breakfast and are about to take it for a good drive.

Enjoy it mate, and don't worry about the 996 putter downers, I agree with you, that's their problem and it's to your benefit.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's Sunday night/Monday morning I've clocked a little over 400km and I'm still buzzing, but what really topped it off for me today was being waved at by another P driver while I was driving along the bends on the Mt White scenic route heading north towards Gosford, that was like the cherry ontop of the icing ontop of the cake. What a day now it's time for some shut eye and hopefully some Porsche dreaming. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself here! I'm Owen, I'm an American currently living in San Francisco, but my Australian wife and I will be moving to Melbourne next September with our kids and my (I mean 'our...') 1988 911 coupe. I'll be interested to see how it goes driving a LHD car in Oz :)  Hope to have a chance to meet some of you in the future!

porsche_ggb_small.jpeg

Edited by autojack

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself here! I'm Owen, I'm an American currently living in San Francisco, but my Australian wife and I will be moving to Melbourne next September with our kids and my (I mean 'our...') 1988 911 coupe. I'll be interested to see how it goes driving a LHD car in Oz :)  Hope to have a chance to meet some of you in the future!

porsche_ggb_small.jpeg

Welcome autojack LHD is no problem here I personally love it & a lot of others do also...  

Not my first 911, not my last i'm sure either.  

03 996 Targa in Basalt Black. 

Fabspeed exhaust (like) H&R springs (hmm) Kenwood head unit (loathe) C4S front bumper (growing on me) 

Otherwise pretty stock.  Still ironing out the niggles but thats most of the fun of a new buy!

cheers

jas

996x3.jpg

Hello PFA everybody over here my name is Mike Aka Dr Knauf , (photographing) capturing porsches is my favourite hobby .

this is my ride (some of you might find it too low :P )

15498468885_c9f03f5a10_k_d.jpg

click pic to enlarge.

attachment.php?attachmentid=270042&datel

click pic to enlarge.

attachment.php?attachmentid=270416&datel

click pic to enlarge. 

Original Static Stance (not photoshopped) :

15878472620_39276a2481_k_d.jpg

click pic to enlarge .

enjoy the start of the season  , greetzz from the doc ;)

Edited by DrKnauf

• 3 weeks later...

just came across this forum I did jump into another post previously but thought I better introduce myself.

Emigrated from the UK over 7 years ago and have been a long time VW fan having had many aircooled kombis and a vw karmann beetle concvertible. Also owned a 1970 orange 911T that I restored before they dramatically escalated in value before moving over.

step forward a few years and a friend of mine told me he had a car I might be interested in that was aircooled. he had inherited it in a will and hadn't touched it for 6 years. to my shock it was a 356 and I pestered him for the 6 years before he sold it to me last year. its now undergoing a full resto and is now back the bare metal.

Having got the Porsche bug I just bought a 1974 targa fitted with 930 steel flares which I am backdating. I have a few other cars all in various states of resto but not many finished at this stage. In the next year hope to work my way through them

porsche - bus.jpg

porsche - bus - truck.jpg

@Anf the 356 has now had all the floors replaced and onto the body work. Found a couple of spots that need attention but now just waiting to get it in to get that sorted.

The car is an original aus deliveted car with 2 previous owners

Just a question, do i need to be a financial member to put up a wanted ad as i now have the porsche bug and want to buy a pre 74 911 coupe

@Anf the 356 has now had all the floors replaced and onto the body work. Found a couple of spots that need attention but now just waiting to get it in to get that sorted.

Just a question, do i need to be a financial member to put up a wanted ad as i now have the porsche bug and want to buy a pre 74 911 coupe

Not sure about being FM for wanted adds, I know you have to be to list anything for sales, one of the mods can jump in here...?

A car that old with only 3 owners would be quite rare! Look forward to seeing some finished pics :)

Looking at it I think you can post wanted adds without being a FM.

costs $25 for a big breakfast- you'll get a little more value here, cmon cough up ya $25, you'll love us! Woka how could anyone not like us?:huh: