INTRODUCTION THREAD

I'm preaching to the converted I'm sure , but today had my first test drive in a 718, and came out pretty stunned. It was amazing and a total kick.

It did initially sound a bit like a Vdub for a second, so I can understand now a little of where those comments stem from but then the acceleration was freaky.

I don't know why you''d need the Boxster S version, it would be interesting to know what people think of the difference. I thought my BMW  was responsive, but the 718 was something again, and it was again noticeable going back after the test drive.Just different cars.

The car seemed like it would be easy to live with as a daily drive, and the boot spaces were surprisingly useable, and not too claustrophobic with the roof on.. My wife drove it also, and it loved it nearly as much as myself.

The sales guy mentioned it had an exhaust modification which I'm guessing was the downpipe mod I've read on another thread, and suggested the base 718 on sport, would sound about as loud as this car on normal mode.

So thanks to all of the tips, there will be a one owner 428 going cheap.

And hi to the other new members, there have been some great cars shown.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here, thankyou for having me, im Don. Will post a pic shortly of the cars, I've got 2 Porsche ,and had a lot of USA and AU's muscle cars in the past..

Im looking to join a local Brisbane club as the 928 is going on club reg and I'm keen to enjoy it at local events. Cheers.

Hi, I'm new here, thankyou for having me, im Don. Will post a pic shortly of the cars, I've got 2 Porsche ,and had a lot of USA and AU's muscle cars in the past..

Im looking to join a local Brisbane club as the 928 is going on club reg and I'm keen to enjoy it at local events. Cheers.

welcome Don, great to have another 928 fan around here :)

Looking forward to some pics and info!

Thankyou,

Both cars are in very good condition, and I really enjoy them both a lot.

I have a 05 CayeenS in classic silver and 84 928 Euro in silver.  Both Porsche are v8, same colour, and compliment each other well.

The Cayeen has been wonderful and does everything i could ask , the v8 is responsive and it handles and brakes very well. It carts the children or a car full of mates (my brothers 911 cant do that!) for a great night out in town, it tows my Bertram 24ft without a problem with its 3.5t tow rating..no complaints or faults other than the Navy system needing a disc to update it.  I also plan to use it to transport the 928 for any events at Lakeside my local track or similar, just because there a nice pair together.

The 928 is a German euro with a 4.7 auto 4sp, so has full options ,68000 miles and has had a major service recently with tm belt, radiator, aircon,dizzy caps ,leads, filters ect..a service repaint in standard colour and its currently not running the lower chin spoiler. The interior has had the leather seats retrimmed and a new motor in drivers seat, the dashboard was also recovered by a company from Melbourne. It runs a Personal steering wheel which I like as its period equipment that was  used in F1 by Prost back in the day.. Also changing stereo back to 80s period Alpine as I like to have it period spec . Its currently running a rear bypass in the exhaust and sounds tough but its loud , so im planing to fit a electric muffler soon as it sounds great but be nice to have the option to make it quiet when needed. 

IMG_20170826_134340_zpsgmw7rugm.jpg

IMG_20170828_120507_zpsnqtayc4k.jpg

IMG_20170915_140048_zpsbcbaed4t.jpg

IMG_20170926_202919_zpsycdyqjjo.jpg

Edited by 928JET

• 3 weeks later...

928jet

Welcome aboard. Keep your eyes & ears open for the Front Engine Preservation Society events on the forum. As the society is based on P cars being front engined & water cooled! At the last get together at Heinz dam we had 10 cars, we were threaten with having  two 928's show up but only one came. The remainder were 944s of various types, 931 & 951's. 

A portion of the society membership is in the process of preparing for the November "half way meet up drive." Have a look at the forum thread on the Half way meet up, as a bunch of the Brisbane contingent are going to meet up and travel down in convoy. 

Feel free to send me a message, if your interested.

Do you drink coffee or milkshakes?

Brian in Buddina

Edited by brian in buddina
noob

Hi there,

I'm Jme.   Have had two Porsches in past ownership.   996 Turbo and a MY13 Cayenne GTS.   Based in Perth, Western Australia.

Got word today that I was successful in allocation for a GT2RS with delivery due in ~12 months.     Hoping to get out and use it appropriately :0)

Hi everyone, another brand new forum member here looking for my first Porsche, and I've chosen the 928. I'm looking for an S4 preferably, but would consider any good quality car thats been well looked after. Open to any and all advice, tips, guidance and input from forum members. Especially keen to hear from anyone who has or knows of a great 928 thats available. I don't have a particular budget in mind, just keen to find a good one that I can keep and enjoy for years. Looking forward to joining the Porsche fraternity.

Cheers

Darren

Top choice for a car :)

Welcome!

Make sure it has a good service history and know when the timing belt has been changed. Buy the best one you can afford and enjoy! A few on here know a bit about these cars so you should get some good advice. I have been going through mine quite thoroughly so far....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. Just joined this forum. Expat Aussie living Belgium for last 8 years. Now looking at moving back home in the next 12-18moths. Am an active contributor to Rennlist so thought I would start dialling into the Aussie scene prior to heading home.

I have a small garage of PCars including:

• 991.2 GT3
  • 991.1 GT3
  • 997 GT3 RS
  • 964 RS ( my favourite)
  • 991.1 GTS 4 cab
  • Macan Turbo
  • plus a GT3 Touring incoming in January 

Other cars include an M2, a Mini Cooper S and a new AMG GTR (just took delivery). 

I like tracking my GT3s and have driven Spa, Portimao, Zolder, Paul Ricard, Leipzig, Hockenheim, etc. I will this aspect of living in Europe when I return. and I am not looking forward to the speed limits. Will probably loose my license in the first week!

I look forward to participating in this forum.

Hello there. Just joined this forum. Expat Aussie living Belgium for last 8 years. Now looking at moving back home in the next 12-18moths. Am an active contributor to Rennlist so thought I would start dialling into the Aussie scene prior to heading home.

I have a small garage of PCars including:

• 991.2 GT3
  • 991.1 GT3
  • 997 GT3 RS
  • 964 RS ( my favourite)
  • 991.1 GTS 4 cab
  • Macan Turbo
  • plus a GT3 Touring incoming in January 

Other cars include an M2, a Mini Cooper S and a new AMG GTR (just took delivery). 

I like tracking my GT3s and have driven Spa, Portimao, Zolder, Paul Ricard, Leipzig, Hockenheim, etc. I will this aspect of living in Europe when I return. and I am not looking forward to the speed limits. Will probably loose my license in the first week!

I look forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome.. I’m also on Rennlist manly for cup cars but PFA is a good place here in OZ... Nice collection of cars what do you plan to do with them? 

Welcome.. I’m also on Rennlist manly for cup cars but PFA is a good place here in OZ... Nice collection of cars what do you plan to do with them? 

Under the current rules, I understand I can bring back two cars without incurring any taxes. One in my wife's name and one in my name.  I am still trying to work out the finer detail. Sadly all my cars are LHD which obviously restricts my options so I will leave a couple in Europe to drive when I come back each summer and sell the rest.

I have my name down for a RHD 991.2 GT3 RS for delivery in March/April next year so I plan to bring that back. I am also trying to find a RHD 964 Turbo 3.6 to bring back too.

Here are some random photo of my cars at home.

IMG_2052.thumb.jpg.bd3ef41c35db44b16bd69IMG_1165.thumb.jpg.3dd20eb0b44d1cdb73f43

IMG_1884.thumb.jpg.18e77ed36906dcd54ed30

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

Edited by WGA

Hi everyone, another brand new forum member here looking for my first Porsche, and I've chosen the 928. I'm looking for an S4 preferably, but would consider any good quality car thats been well looked after. Open to any and all advice, tips, guidance and input from forum members. Especially keen to hear from anyone who has or knows of a great 928 thats available. I don't have a particular budget in mind, just keen to find a good one that I can keep and enjoy for years. Looking forward to joining the Porsche fraternity.

Cheers

Darren

Well I found my 928 quicker than I expected, its an '88 S4, black on black. Its been well looked after by the previous long term owner, has all the receipts and service history. Happy as!

IMG_6777 (480x640).jpg

IMG_6774 (480x640).jpg