The Pet thread

Vas

2 hours ago, Mick said:

I bet she’ll be the best mate ever for giving her a second chance 

why people dump or abuse dogs and animals makes me sick. We’ve adopted 5 boxer dogs over the past 20+ years and have loved them all and been awesome mates. Good on you for adopting her well done. 

previous owners gave no reason for dumping her. i was prepared for some behaviour or medical issues that could have caused her to be dumped but so far she is calm and easy as.

hell, easier than my other dog, if anything.

91825179_872866323187755_4586022802854772736_n.jpg

86757017_1491875077654361_1157301692643934208_n.jpg

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'll love most of your post @WGA. You're like me in that you'll do whatever it takes to help your pets. 

Didnt like the last bit though. I'd hunt them down in a heartbeat! 🤬

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

What sort of people dump animals? Scum, that's what they are! 

As my wife says...people who do not like dogs have something fundamentally wrong with them.

On 21/04/2020 at 22:26, Niko said:

Meet Mischca.   Best dog I have ever owned.......Last dog I will ever own.  

One of the worst days of my life when I had to finally put her down.  

Holding her paw and watching her eyes cloud over as she looked up at me and drifted off....

Could never ever do that again.....

I know I have to be The Strong One for this day which will be here before too long.   Going to rip me up.  I doubt there will ever be another.

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

I know I have to be The Strong One for this day which will be here before too long.   Going to rip me up.  I doubt there will ever be another.

Been there a few times now. The toughest was when one of our border collies collapsed suddenly.  When you see it coming with old dogs you are prepared. Making the decision to end any suffering is hard but you know it’s the right call. 

On 22/04/2020 at 20:22, LeeM said:

Geez guys, I'm fkn tearing up here reading your stories! 😥

Our Maltese Shihtzu (Roxy) is 13 and slowing down a fair bit with athritis and other ailments. On some drugs that keep us poor (if it was that bad we would do the right thing), yet I've advised work they won't see me for a week when she leaves us. It'll tear me apart

I thought Roxy was your missus. 🤣🤣

oops.☺️

We got ourselves an isolation puppy a month ago - right at the start of the stay at home regs. With 2 kids now studying uni from home until at least mid-year, and another in Yr10 schooling from home, there's a lot of hands available for the early puppy days and nights. He's been a great addition (have a 10yr old Samoyed too), and certainly helped with the isolation aspect with lots of smiles and plenty of sharp bites to go with it. First time border collie owners too - after a month they are just too smart for their own good! Being a chocolate & white version, kids have called him Milo.....

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2521.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Great pup you have there Wilson top family dogs, you're gonna love that dog for ever.

Now that he owns you this is what you have to look forward to ... don't dare disturb His Higness on "his" couch unless it's time for walkies 

1poKjkJ.jpg

wMJzrmz.jpg

Beautiful dog . We look forward to be able to get our dog out walking 

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Beautiful dog . We look forward to be able to get our dog out walking 

They are a great kids dog too, love a bit of rough n tumble, and really well behaved and tolerant of kids pulling ears etc. Wont be long and he'll be walking you! Ours is getting in 3 walks a day thanks to Vic Gov.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

He's a handsome boy @Troubleshooter

Like his Dad💪 .... Actually he's my eldest son's dog so I'm his Grand dad I guess.

1 hour ago, Harvs11 said:

Happy wife, happy life. 

We met our new pup tonight.  He comes home in 2 weeks. 

CF9E581E-D53E-4313-980A-1284CABA200E.thumb.jpeg.f580c35d37cdfe2503759c7e28f0fa39.jpeg

Wow what a beauty, a Newfy, my ex had a couple over the years. quite a regal breed, better start putting away $$$ for his food fund!