New to the forum? Start here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do believe you need to be a paid up member :) 

someone take my money.  

someone take my money.  

not sure why im so stupid.... how do I give someone money. do I need to pass a test? im a good guy... got a Porsche... got cash... lets do this ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Long time lurker who has been passionate about Porsche's a from a young age. Was ready to pull the trigger in 2011 but then put finances into having children instead, only to watch $40k SC's double and triple in price. Now back in a financial position again, so keeping my eye out for something special.

I have a modest collection of Hotwheels Porsches to keep entertained until the real deal arrives. (and something for my son to play with in the future :) )

nrYVDcX.jpg

I've followed a few of you on Instagram too! https://www.instagram.com/porscheperth/

Thanks for your time!

Edited by k0nz

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Michael from Adelaide here.

new to the whole Porsche scene. Long story short went on an afternoons drive with Adreneline in Sydney on Australia Day weekend in a Boxster and had so much fun came home and bought one.

We have looking for another car and the wife said why get another Hyundai when you could get something a bit more fun.

Car is a 2004 base model Boxster, manual, 50k and engine replaced at 36k due to IMS.

Car has been serviced at Enzos in the city in recent times ( its ex NSW), from online research Mark Poole appears to be recommended. Any other suggestions for city or Eastern suburbs to get servicing done?

Also the stock sound system leaves a lot to be desired, dash speakers only. Any recommendations of companies that know their way around a Boxster, and won't stuff it up? Thinking new single DIN head unit, separate amps, speakers to doors and sub.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mttel

Car has been serviced at Enzos in the city in recent times ( its ex NSW), from online research Mark Poole appears to be recommended. Any other suggestions for city or Eastern suburbs to get servicing done

Hey Michael. Another Adelaide bloke here

Buik Motorworks should be high on your list to visit. Great blokes

106 Richmond road, Keswick (opposite the big RAA building)

Hi all, Michael from Adelaide here.

new to the whole Porsche scene. Long story short went on an afternoons drive with Adreneline in Sydney on Australia Day weekend in a Boxster and had so much fun came home and bought one.

We have looking for another car and the wife said why get another Hyundai when you could get something a bit more fun.

Car is a 2004 base model Boxster, manual, 50k and engine replaced at 36k due to IMS.

Car has been serviced at Enzos in the city in recent times ( its ex NSW), from online research Mark Poole appears to be recommended. Any other suggestions for city or Eastern suburbs to get servicing done?

Also the stock sound system leaves a lot to be desired, dash speakers only. Any recommendations of companies that know their way around a Boxster, and won't stuff it up? Thinking new single DIN head unit, separate amps, speakers to doors and sub.

Hey Michael.  Good to see a few more adelaideans on here. You'll have to come out on a Sunday morning drive with us.

Hey Michael.  Good to see a few more adelaideans on here. You'll have to come out on a Sunday morning drive with us.

thank you for the welcome StewF, LeeM and sandy468. Will keep an eye out for the Sunday drives.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Hello Ladies and gentlemen

Im new to this forum. I've been into Porsches from childhood. My previous Porsche was a 1984 944 and my latest is a 1984 911 Carrera 3.2. Spent loads (Dansk/Rennline/Weltmeister/Momo/Tarret/Powerflex/superpro and more, on upgrades and right now I'm refreshing the rear suspension. Should be all done for the sun we don't seem to get much of here in UK. 

I hope I can find some good info here to help me

MYCAR2EDIT copy.jpg

Edited by verdeboyo

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

New to the forum and to Porsche. My collection consists mainly of Alfas and this is my first Porsche and it is a 1984 944 manual coupe. There are some small issues that need sorting but otherwise a fairly solid and reasonably original car. Would be great to know where in Australia or anywhere that may be a good place to source parts. It is missing the left front over rider and trim, Broken sunvisor clips, busted rear electric aerial and ignition barrel that doesn't crank the engine (Previous owner had a bypass switch button). I would like to restore the car to original condition and any guidance would be much appreciated.

IMG_3191.PNG

Hi bteoh, there's loads of front-engined enthusiasts here, I'm sure they'll chime in. There's also a Front-engine thread here that's pretty active. Also, if you want to get caught up on the incoming content check out the activity stream. Nice looking ride, do you know what color that is?

Edited by grantmr

Hi guys brand new to the forum hoping to come along to some drive days and possibly a track day or 2 depending if I feel like punishing my new baby..  This is my first Porsche 1989 930 RUF 5Spd 993big Reds coilovers and 500hp @ the wheels pick up next week ??

Photos pls