Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

33 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Well, an offer of $125K was flatly knocked back. Is it worth $130-$135K in the current market...?

If you knew how much he paid for it would probably explain his emotional response!

What's it worth?  There is not enough in this condition changing hands to have any real data but I reckon he should have kept you talking. 

I think anything that's been for sale for longer than 3 months is obviously overpriced

I think the exact response was “No, not even close..." and there was no interest in continuing the conversation on that front.

At that price I’d rather make a move on the midnight blue 964 C2 in Melb.

58 minutes ago, TOMB said:

I think the exact response was “No, not even close..." and there was no interest in continuing the conversation on that front.

At that price I’d rather make a move on the midnight blue 964 C2 in Melb.

If that’s the car at Nineauto then I believe it’s sold, was in there today.

1 hour ago, Mike-S said:

If that’s the car at Nineauto then I believe it’s sold, was in there today.

Was at nine auto.. was selling privately .. very well presented car , yes interesting to see what 964's are actually selling for now , if it sold .

6 hours ago, Coastr said:

Does anyone know of any 3.2 selling recently in this price range?

I heard of 1 and a couple  in my wanderings 90-105k and a mix of targa and coupe .. good cars being the sellers obviously , all the cars I know changing hands enthusiast cars with all the work done and mostly off market .  There are still some standout out there and the silver car that sparked this discussion , does look very very genuine and nice. its hard to pinpoint the standout factor but you know one when you see it , something just drags them to a notch above the others and I would pay an extra 5k for that .. and as I said that might mean an extra 10k to some in the right dealer.  As we have discussed many times , there seems to be big dealer retail and street/enthusiat retail and then the rest , hopefulls, bubble riders etc and very uninformed dealers..  I still got a " last of the manuals statement this week.. oh my god some of these people are parrots".

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Was at nine auto.. was selling privately .. very well presented car , yes interesting to see what 964's are actually selling for now , if it sold .

Not 100% sure but I believe it’s the same one that’s on carsales now. Same colour and km’s and in Melbourne.

6 hours ago, Coastr said:

Does anyone know of any 3.2 selling recently in this price range?

That decent looking white one in Qld went for $105-$110K this week. 

Then there is also that slate blue ‘84 that’s been on cs for well over a year. Started at $130, stayed there for ages, then down to $120, and now at $115 for a while. Still hasn’t moved.

12 hours ago, TOMB said:

Well, an offer of $125K was flatly knocked back. Is it worth $130-$135K in the current market...?

Knowing the car personally and the condition it was in when I sold it, there would not be many on the market that you could compare this to.

Knowing what the seller paid and including stamp duty on the purchase, he has a fair bit more invested in the car than $140,000.

He has to realise that if he wants to sell now, the market has softened since he bought the car.

What's it worth now......probably $130000 - $135000???

If anyone were to see the car, they would realise that it is a very good car, history is very good, as is condition.

I would not lump it in with all the other 3.2's for sale at the moment.....

Cheers,

Geoff.  

12 hours ago, symsy said:

Big call for a private sale… may live to regret that .. Looks like a super nice car but the market has softened all over.

Sometime first offers are the best ones.

Its not as if you will get moved 10-15k when you cant see it in the flesh without effort , occasionally people get swept up in the moment and wallet happy when they are in a show room ..for that extra 10k but not over the internet is my experience

Top dollar cars sell at that price because of the accessibilty ..hence the CTS and Dutton  benchmark prices  and disbelief we all show when they close at high prices… 

I tried to buy a car from Dutton's once . It was a 2013 911 Carrera S for $199,000 . I offered them $195,000 and got knocked back saw it on the market later for $5000 less than what I offered them .

9 minutes ago, red clubbie said:

Knowing the car personally and the condition it was in when I sold it, there would not be many on the market that you could compare this to.

Knowing what the seller paid and including stamp duty on the purchase, he has a fair bit more invested in the car than $140,000.

He has to realise that if he wants to sell now, the market has softened since he bought the car.

If anyone were to see the car, they would realise that it is a very good car, history is very good, as is condition.

Cheers,

Geoff.  

You got rich !!! Good feedback..but the market is the market.. Now its a confirmed stunner 

14 minutes ago, James P said:

Wasn't that one a bit dubious..?  A member got it looked at and determined that it needed 15k spent to get it right..?  

But then even so - It all adds up after getting it right to be a very nice car perhaps.  c60k is where the market looks to be heading atm.

EDIT:  change of mind - it only has two pedals, so I care little.  So this probably a different car..?  I dunno - I need a beer.

10 hours ago, red clubbie said:

Cheers,

Geoff.  

Thanks for the info, Geoff.

Ooh! Price drop. Now down to $139....

4 hours ago, James P said:

I had that one ppi’d I could put anyone right on that one,owner states ims done but no proof of it once inspected amongst a list of other things.