Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

How I'm on the ball I don't know, as I've had a s..t of a day onsite where nothing has gone right. Client was a fussy, whiny cow with a shit of a kid throwing toys at me, then dropped a 3 metre piece of melamine board on my big toe! 

I'll stop being a whiny cow and drink my warm cement :( 

How I'm on the ball I don't know, as I've had a s..t of a day onsite where nothing has gone right. Client was a fussy, whiny cow with a shit of a kid throwing toys at me, then dropped a 3 metre piece of melamine board on my big toe! 

I'll stop being a whiny cow and drink my warm cement :( 

sorry for throwing the toys at you. I'm telling mum you said she's a whiny cow

sorry for throwing the toys at you. I'm telling mum you said she's a whiny cow

Please do, as I didn't get the opportunity to say it myself, and that she makes crap coffee! As for your toys. Should your mum book in some building works that involves tradies, a word of advice. If you find them missing, and you have some bowel discomfort in the future, you know where to look to have them extracted!

Has anyone done this in Oz or are the lights NA in Oz spec?

http://www.wickedmotorworks.com/partdetails.php?partid=10098

isn't this the kit they bought on an episode of Gas Monkey Garage and the fitment was 'interesting' out of the box?

I feel better about my idea on price now, a 77 SC tho?

Alright. Forget everything I said about driving slow cars fast.... I WANT THIS!

Hopefully its been well tracked and proper overrevved - I wanna know she is broken in for me!

Ps. Whats the going rate for a kidney? And any other body parts one can do without and still drive?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4801078?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

cp5595343117989511304.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Did you buy it yet Trev.  Then you can do this on Reefton Spur:

https://www.facebook.com/hillclimbmonsters/videos/1864022107168684/

Wouldn't it be easy to road register if your a Westie.  I just completed some WA  notification of change of ownership forms this week, skimmed the fine print, but with a bit of rego left, didn't appear the car needed to go over the pits or did I do a piss poor job on the fine print.

Do you reckon it would be that hard to have my Mrs putter down to the Vicroads office (she is good with handling a single mass flywheel clutch if motivated), with a RWC (what would the major issues be, besides removing the valentine radar dectector (assuming one is somewhere), what parts need swapping back to factory), transfer form, credit car and screwdriver to unscrew the WA plates to hand them in  and get a replacement set of Vic plates to screw back on.

On the topic of premiums and Trev and fading into history, my mate got dinged for being  a handful of months from his 5 year anniversary of a bit too much pressure from his right foot and had a 12 months holiday.  That is costing him about a  60% loading on an insurance premium or 10% of a circa 20k hoon mobile.  What would be Trev's premium be on that 997GT3 hoon mobile be if you were into full disclosure and within a couple of months of the shackles having been just released. 

I just transferred a QLD reg'd Boxster to new Vic reg and it was as simple as a rwc, credit card and screwdriver to swap plates.  If it still has rego interstate the car doesn't need to be inspected by vicroads!

And yeah, insurance was a challenge..., many wouldn't at all, some would only at stupid money and extra $1000 excess on top of normal excess...  

I even tried Budget Direct...forgetting the whole point of their Captain Risky advertising is that they DONT insure Captain Risky to keep their prices down. I just like the ads!  They said they wouldn't insure me....so I guess that makes me Captain Risky!

In the end Famous Insurance were really good.  

Did you buy it yet Trev.  Then you can do this on Reefton Spur:

https://www.facebook.com/hillclimbmonsters/videos/1864022107168684/

I just love watching cup car based gt3s kick it n rip it on the road in tarmac rallies.

To me the ragged chuck it around style appeals much more smooth circuit driving.

By all accounts this car is in really good condition. But it's got a 997 engine dropped-in it. The last advertised 996 with a 997 engine was a black/black with black wheels that sold for $38k about 14 months ago. 

A few members say 996 &997 are basically the same car, and obvious questions aside on the quality of work and the technicians - but what are members thoughts on picking up 'modern' cars with swapped-out engines from different series models? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-4805200

By all accounts this car is in really good condition. But it's got a 997 engine dropped-in it. The last advertised 996 with a 997 engine was a black/black with black wheels that sold for $38k about 14 months ago. 

A few members say 996 &997 are basically the same car, and obvious questions aside on the quality of work and the technicians - but what are members thoughts on picking up 'modern' cars with swapped-out engines from different series models? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-4805200

So basically the WC version of a 2.7, 70's 911 with a 3.2 stuffed in it … in their hey day the older AC's like this were worth peanuts .. in the AC bubble they have this new price regime and are worth something.

So you could say in the lifecycle of this car its a mixer and worth next to nothing or if its in the later stages and these cars are to become the next gen outlaws .. its worth more its as , t has a good upgrade.

Where we are in the cycle of older WC cars , your guess is as good as mine

It's an early 997 engine that is a 3.6 so it's still an M96 as the M97 was only fitted to a carrera S and was a 3.8L. It would be the same engine revision you'd get in a 04' 996.

Pity all that quality workmanship and money didn't get invested into something tasteful

I looked cos on face value .. it makes for a good outlaw, body work looks.. not so many outlaw/hotrod 993's 

But the Tupac interior and CD in the system  Hmmmm

Edited by symsy

I can't help but daydream stories about the owners of these wacky cars that pop up.

The Rinspeed that was posted earlier today - bought by a coked-up broker that only a year later threw himself out the window during the big crash.  It's sat in the garage of his silconed wife for thirty years, aging better than her and a cruel reminder of days gone by. After one wrinkle too many, she decides to sell it, and spends the money on gifts for the pool boy.

That one above - owned by a cashed up bogan that made it big during the mining boom. Now the moneys running out and the banks tightening the noose on his four empty interest-only houses in Bairnsdale, he's already sold the jetski and his second ute, but now it's time to sell the fully-sick RSR conversion to buy him a little more time.

He'll always remember the thumping bass he dropped down the main street.

That steering wheel and Subwoofer ..  

Someone must go look 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1983/SSE-AD-2917785/?Cr=24

He is out of touch or the ad is very old 

A tribute to a extremely rare, one of a kind and one of the most sort after and admired porsche she . Only 4 original road registered cars known to be in australia.Last known one to be sold for over $220,000.

993 Carrera RS @ $220k ???

He is out of touch or the ad is very old 

A tribute to a extremely rare, one of a kind and one of the most sort after and admired porsche she . Only 4 original road registered cars known to be in australia.Last known one to be sold for over $220,000.

993 Carrera RS @ $220k ???

I'll take all 4 of them @$220k each