Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What sort of discount would a Singapore delivered car be fetching compared to Aussie delivered? I'm looking at this Boxster S https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2006/SSE-AD-4764506/?Cr=3

For a car so new and what looks to be in great condition I can see no logical reason why it should be cheaper other than the fact that it is not locally delivered.... but then again logic has little to do with it import/ lower "value" issue? How long it has been here would be one consideration?

As is often said, buy on condition, but yes you may suffer when trying to sell it yourself.. so no I have not been much help at all :)

What sort of discount would a Singapore delivered car be fetching compared to Aussie delivered? I'm looking at this Boxster S https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2006/SSE-AD-4764506/?Cr=3

20- 30%  try reselling it.. buy well .. drive it harder cos it aint no different to an Aus del one..  just consider your resale.

20- 30%  try reselling it.. buy well .. drive it harder cos it aint no different to an Aus del one..  just consider your resale.

Going to have to try to negotiate hard. A low 30k Boxster S would certainly be a welcome addition to my garage :)

Going to have to try to negotiate hard. A low 30k Boxster S would certainly be a welcome addition to my garage :)

Also watch with H.K cars and Singa cars .. the humidity and rust , engine bays and alike.. they sweat up.. Possibly not an issue with new ones.. not looked at them. 

Of course it is as the SE was never offered here. The owner would be better suited shipping it outside Australia to get any value for it....

After he or she has spent a bit of time and money tidying it up.  In this price range and to appeal to CTS clientele, it just needs a bit of TLC.

Yeah, I looked at it.....

After he or she has spent a bit of time and money tidying it up.  In this price range and to appeal to CTS clientele, it just needs a bit of TLC.

I remember you saying that. Surely then the owners/ CTS would do that in order to sell it? Or haggle on price?

Shame to see it sitting. Come on lotto numbers, then i would seriously look at it :)

What work do you reckon needs to be done?

What work do you reckon needs to be done?

Only had a quick look but some external rubbers and trim pieces replaced or repainted is my recollection.  This would improve its presentation so it says "wow" rather than "keep walking".  If the price was a bit more pliable I reckon it would be a good buy.

Only had a quick look but some external rubbers and trim pieces replaced or repainted is my recollection.  This would improve its presentation so it says "wow" rather than "keep walking".  If the price was a bit more pliable I reckon it would be a good buy.

Yeah I saw it in January and thought it needs a good scrub, some love and a few touch ups.  Good looking car.  And I'm not keen on red cars...

Very hard to price a car like this, on rarity alone it should be worth a fortune (only 42 made) and with enough to differentiate it from a standard S4. With little current S4s (1) for sale too does not help..... what is a good S4 worth and how much over that is this worth? Plus it is a manual...... clearly the demand and/ or knowledge of such a car in Aus is very limited!

Couple of them very nearby, but I'm not keen on Fezzas.  Bit flakey imh(umble)o.  But, oh dear lordy, the sound...

Flaky? Fix it again Tony,  or not powerful enough?

Like P cars , a lot of flavours. Even the 412 would be a hoot to have alongside a shark. I'll have mine in deep metallic blue, with a servo on the tralier behind.

Flaky? Fix it again Tony,  or not powerful enough?

Like P cars , a lot of flavours. Even the 412 would be a hoot to have alongside a shark. I'll have mine in deep metallic blue, with a servo on the tralier behind.

Powerful enough!

Very hard to price a car like this, on rarity alone it should be worth a fortune (only 42 made) and with enough to differentiate it from a standard S4. With little current S4s (1) for sale too does not help..... what is a good S4 worth and how much over that is this worth? Plus it is a manual...... clearly the demand and/ or knowledge of such a car in Aus is very limited!

should be .. 

Rare…. or copy ..Do your homework folks , if its the meany machine

only about 4 SE's in Oz if my man maths right and possibly one of em written off or sent back to blitey can't rightly remember.

SE UK marketing mans made up model.. not officially recognised otherwise . Some cool bits on it, mostly the CS motor - does this one have its orig motor still?

if its the ex WA car, entered Australia without any interior , wheels and other SE doodads, maybe 5 years ago - had usual UK underbody corrosion and last year an air of tattiness. 

only about 4 SE's in Oz if my man maths right and possibly one of em written off or sent back to blitey can't rightly remember.

SE UK marketing mans made up model.. not officially recognised otherwise . Some cool bits on it, mostly the CS motor - does this one have its orig motor still?

if its the ex WA car, entered Australia without any interior , wheels and other SE doodads, maybe 5 years ago - had usual UK underbody corrosion and last year an air of tattiness. 

Is it .. or is it a clone of a clone now that would be funny! 

Surely  CTS wouldnt  pitch it as special without checking … That Mean Machines car came complete with an air of vagueness and blurry photos yes ..one carefull owner .. never been painted , to my knowledge said the salesman … is it the same car .. ?

Panel beating mate said.. he will vouch for it , it was sold at 45k I believe … I  bailed out … too many interesting facts 

When I finally got their manager … he said never been painted mate..

2 SE's here as of last year Mr Michel , maybe more now , I mean most print more than one sticker kit when they do that stuff ;)

Anyway good looking car …hence chasing .. but like any gold jewelerry being sold in the market in east London   "The hallmark mate , dont worry about that, its worn off , from love and people using it , of course its kosher mate"