Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Very kind @ANF 

I want to sell it, not see it gather dust under the carport ;) 

Arena Red is a lovely underrated colour, but I am slightly bias.

I did not know it was yours, I would have that in a heart beat if $$$. Selling to make room for another?

Very kind @ANF 

I want to sell it, not see it gather dust under the carport ;) 

Arena Red is a lovely underrated colour, but I am slightly bias.

Proving hard to move, have you had anyone somewhat serious nearly buy it PKay? I love arena red, think it suits most Porsches,  but I think I've ascertained from reading bits n pieces forums etc over the decades that generally it's an unloved colour ...

I've had several somewhat serious people come to look at it. Admittedly that was at a higher price point, but I thought the whole idea of prices on cars is known as negotiable?

It'll happen when the time is right. At the moment, I am enjoying driving it on occasions which makes the thought of sale quite challenging.

@ANF Don't need to sell as keeping this would make four cars for me plus one for the boss, so just want to downsize ;) 

I can't be sure but that looks like a massive piece of shizer. Do people really buy such unroadworthy heaps of Doo Doo? Amazing. 

In the classic car trade it's what's known as a project. Some people need projects , and hang the cost. 

$36K "Driveaway"

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14758399

As long as your name is Barney Rubble...

Makes perfect sense, even the numbers add up, $36K (drive away), Rust Panels-n-Paint $30K min (and two-three years off your life), engine? $20-40K, Box $5-10K, wiring? Trim? Unobtanium parts $20K, for a proud total of $130K ++ for a LHD non matching car, they said it would be fun though..and maybe that's the point I'm missing...wet blanket that I am

There seems to be a number of 996 turbos sitting at the moment around that $100k mark, however $100k is a very crowded price point for used Porsches these days. I suspect it will sell to the right buyer unless Porsche prices soften going forward. 

Aspects of the car that appeal to me includes manual box and relatively low kms. I presume it has a full service history however I only know what is written in the ad.

I do wonder if the turbo charging of the base 911 will affect older turbo values going forward. Instead of turbocharging being unique, it will become mainstream, therefore the NA cars (especially the GT3s) become unique. Perhaps we are already beginning to see this, certainly the differential . between 996 turbos and GT3s seems to be widening in favour of the GT3

Re: There seems to be a number of 996 turbos sitting at the moment around that $100k mark and the differential between 996 turbos and GT3s seems to be widening in favour of the GT3

Not all 996 tt's are alike, and compared to 996GT3's reckon theres a lot more variability in that licorice allsorts packets when it comes to 996TT's.  Perhaps time for a bit of reflection / analysis as perhaps doesn't do it for me.  I have a bit of sympathy for those who aren't into: convertibles; auto's; not interested if dropping circa six figures and being reminded of that WTF moment in terms of where is the glove box;  far away princesses or tolerating a bit of NQR (Not Quite Right - based on owners pricing / disclosures or lack of vs whats on offer for the expected asking price. I see you are happy to include in that 100k mark  that once written off / currently written off 996tt manual for circa 99k as fair value in that crowded space.

If you are after a AUD delivered  996 tt series 2 manual (glovebox appeals to some along with some other on the fringe benefits over a series 1) that passes the NQR sniff test and one finally comes up, whats it worth today. 

In terms of your GT3 widening over the 996tt  call, no argument their (when I first started looking at 996's a couple of years ago, similar conditioned 996GT3's were a bit cheaper than similar conditioned   996 TT series 2 manuals but more than auto's and average series 1 manuals.  Appears your are perhaps using the 100k mark for 996tt's as your reference point to do a gap analysis comparing 996gt3's against 996tt's.   Perhaps the tide has turned on certain 996 tt's and you need to compare peaches to apples and not peaches to licorice allsorts. eg Haven't seen much quality come up in the 996 tt market this year (eg sample size is limited to one last week. Rumour is a clean series 2 manual went pretty quickly close to asking price at circa 130k with no PPI. Did seller got the timing right, lack of stock, emotional impatient buyer.  Who knows, but a series 2 commands a premium on a series 1, all day everyday (plus generally have less km's because of build dates).  If I wasn't fully invested into my car as a long term project car, I reckon great time to try it on (have a crack at moving on a clean series 11 996 manual turbo for hopefully similar  coin eg 130k  and upgrade to a 997.1tt as I am seeing that differential at its lowest in the last couple of years based on one or two opportunities / transactions that appeared to have occurred in the last couple of weeks (I'm not into discriminating either, imports or locals). 

As for 996 gt3's, just a view but of relatively recent times, whoever brought Spillers car (hopefully they left it as was initially advertised) was a ripper buy as a real sleeper within the 996 GT3 fold. I really valued the apparent time and effort and dollars spent on mods done on that car when he posted his ad  and worth a bit of money over a stock one in my eyes, eg on paper appeared to be a much more capable car / better drivers car than stock ones asking for more money at the time. 

Something to consider, if you brought your 996 GT3 for 5 figures / just over 6 figures , and nothing else in your purview rates as high in terms of that bang for buck / affordability based on your circumstances / smile on your dial behind the wheel as a total package, I see a supply side constraint which will push prices up (look at UK prices between 997.1tt, 996tt's and 996GT3's) as why would you sell.  However, if I was in that situation, I would have an itch to scratch as DJM would say to perhaps upgrade to a 997.1GT3 if the upgrade price differential narrowed to your liking (eg when you first brought your 996GT3, a 997GT3 could not be justified / who would of thought you get afford to get into one and appears  that differential appears to be reducing).  However reckon I would have to change the colour of the GT3 to sell that one to my Mrs for it to fly.  eg You spent how much for a different set of headlights and wheels?

So my thinking is for 996TT series 11 / 996 GT3 owners  who had that 997 itch but couldn't make it happen are now perhaps in a good space to revisit that itch again given current market signals in terms of a bit of a run on 996's (even the odd 996GT2's have d a decent run despite 100k drops in asking prices from those heady days , bit like the 964 tt for 599k that hit my inbox yesterday)  and 997's appearing to pull back.