Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Anyone selling a 996 for page 996?

Did anyone catch what the two silver/ silver grey 996s sold for at Manheim today? They were advertised in the salvage section however looked in reasonable condition. They were recovered theft vehicles.

Haven't seen any 996 GT2 come up for sale in ages. I know there is one for sale currently however I like to car watch 996 GT2s.

And seeing since we are on page 996... if anyone want to park this this in my garage, please feel free!

GT2.jpg

http://aussieexotics.com/2008/09/23/porsche-gt2-cs-996-for-sale 

Anyone selling a 996 for page 996?

No, but sighted a series 2 996 turbo manual up for sale last week that looked half decent (first one in about 5 months)  with low km's , but premium pricing.  Apparently gone in about 60 seconds  relative to movement of other cars being highlighted here.  Understood it was brought sight unseen with little argy bargy at about a circa 5k differential to what a prestigious flipper reckons is a  good starting price for low balling the odd manual 997.1 tt owner  on what their car is only worth. 

Understood it was brought sight unseen with little argy bargy at about a circa 5k differential to what a prestigious flipper reckons is a  good starting price for low balling the odd manual 997.1 tt owner  on what their car is only worth. 

That's a long sentence to digest in one breath!

Haven't seen any 996 GT2 come up for sale in ages. I know there is one for sale currently however I like to car watch 996 GT2s.

And seeing since we are on page 996... if anyone want to park this this in my garage, please feel free!

GT2.jpg

http://aussieexotics.com/2008/09/23/porsche-gt2-cs-996-for-sale 

havent seen one since mine sold to another PFA'er late last year.  With only 29 Aus delivered 996 GT2s, a red factory CS would have to be a unicorn.  Most seem to be black and silver. Is the red one still around?  Several have spat off the road and been written off apparently. 

No, but sighted a series 2 996 turbo manual up for sale last week that looked half decent (first one in about 5 months)  with low km's , but premium pricing.  Apparently gone in about 60 seconds  relative to movement of other cars being highlighted here.  Understood it was brought sight unseen with little argy bargy at about a circa 5k differential to what a prestigious flipper reckons is a  good starting price for low balling the odd manual 997.1 tt owner  on what their car is only worth. 

I think my favourite 996 turbo currently for sale is:

https://promotive.com.au/projects/ 

Haven't seen in the flesh though. Just looks neat from the pics.

havent seen one since mine sold to another PFA'er late last year.  With only 29 Aus delivered 996 GT2s, a red factory CS would have to be a unicorn.  Most seem to be black and silver. Is the red one still around?  Several have spat off the road and been written off apparently. 

When you sold yours there seemed to be a few floating around.  Then there were two for sale at CTS however they've since gone. Leaves this one:

https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/D_5187647/PORSCHE--911--VIC+-+Melbourne--BLACK+ROCK+3193,+VIC--Coupe?searchKey=cg_s.7a5ca976d96411cec3c3789b882fef2d#pos0

I think my favourite 996 turbo currently for sale is:

https://promotive.com.au/projects/ 

Haven't seen in the flesh though. Just looks neat from the pics.

Looks like it's been around for a couple of months. Any background or just priced too high? 

^^ those promotive guys don't muck around, check out some of their projects!

The work on resurrecting the Gulf 996 is impressive...

Can help you out with a flat lid and grill if you want to take the plunge! :)

Let me now if you are keen to sell it and how much you want for it.  I'm very keen to replace the turbo whale tail on my SC with an original lid and grill. Cheerio, Jono

When you sold yours there seemed to be a few floating around.  Then there were two for sale at CTS however they've since gone. Leaves this one:

https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/D_5187647/PORSCHE--911--VIC+-+Melbourne--BLACK+ROCK+3193,+VIC--Coupe?searchKey=cg_s.7a5ca976d96411cec3c3789b882fef2d#pos0

WOW, that's been around forever.  I stopped at that Black Rock dealer Sept 16 and the GT2 amongst other Porsches was sitting out on the forecourt.  I posted here way back then.  I went in to ask how much but the guy in the workshop couldn't tell me and no one called back.  They must have known I was just sussing out the competition.  Prices have continued to fall from the heady days of high 3s asking prices and a supposed 4 sale. Don't believe the hype......This one is WELL below the last price I saw on the CTS cars and still sitting there.  GT3s continue to hold at mid to high 1s as big brother GT2 falls.  I believe GT2 cost 50% more when new so they are becoming a (relative) bargain for a very rare car.  Too fast and lacking the revs and sound of a GT3 probably holds them back.

Stopped in at Black Rock Motors on Bluff add today.  Funny little ex servo cum car yard.  hugh reported recently a silver 996GT2 and mustard long hood on the lot.  Add to that today a black 86 Carrera, white wide body Carrera cab, red 356 cab and out back, navy 964 turbo and red 930 turbo.

weird place, office unattended, workshop guy had no interest in discussing, key "safe" wide open just inside the door.  Could have driven away in a nice silver GT2 to use for spares.....

anyway, there's a red 930 for sale there if that's of interest

oh, phone number is 133 143 but when I called it was disconnected........and no Carsales listings for any of them so I guess all things considered it's a car collection not a car yard...

Edited by DJM

Well when you think about it, all cars from overseas were delivered to Australia, so technically ol Jim is correct ;)  Methinks Jim is has been dropping too much mushrooms, acid and a bit of weed

Does anyone know this 930? Original RHD? Matching engine? Condition of paint under the vinyl wrap? 

Seems to have had an appearance in the PCNSW's "Outlaw Concourse" (which to me is plainly an oxymoron). 

and the wipers ...... :ph34r:

Dealer confirmed originally LHD from Europe (wipers were a give away - my bad). He suspected matching numbers engine, but couldn't confirm. He couldn't really provide any other background to the car.  However, apparently the paint under the vinyl wrap is pretty good.