Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 5/30/2018 at 4:01 AM, 356993??? said:

How about the $150k 996TT in QLD then...have a read of that add as it apparently has over 850hp with engine rated at 1500hp and is quoted as fastest in country....

Bit of disclosure on turbos and tuner goes a long way.  I have no doubt that car has 850hp  eg tial alpha gt a28 turbos and protomotive tune ( probably Cobb based) equals big boost,  probably boosts at 30psi.

That said big power curve to the left and bit of lag me thinks. I reckon K16 stock turbo setup is laggy so K16 frames turbo is plentyi, plus i,m a lefty and prefer to move the power curve to  the left. That car would do ok at the snowy 1000. 

48 minutes ago, JonoF said:

I saw it in the shop the other day. It is the farking business. George has taken shit photos - they don’t do the extreme high quality of the car justice! It is y far the best example I have ever seen. Price is definitely on the high side though.

Agreed! Someone with big pockets will snap this up. 

If it’s anything like the Carrera 3.0 I purchased off the same seller a few years back (Wayne) it will be a good car.. the price is high in OZ but this car would be suited to the Euro market I think 

3 minutes ago, SammyD said:

Question ... Is this 1975 3.0 Turbo in the same league as a 964 3.6l Turbo?

Do you mean , from the same inflated bubble ? Scarecity?   Restored as it should be for anything over 300k?

This would be very much,  beauty is in the eye of the beholder in my view.  Its a very very select investment in a narrow classic car market, inside a very very select set of customers who are porsche and further more , 930 buyers.  Is it an investment?  Maybe an investment in bragging rights online or at a car meet moreso , probably destined now to be forever a garage queen.

38 minutes ago, 901er said:

Same seller for both! Some collection.

3 hours ago, CarreraG50 said:

Must be something about this car that is keeping the buyers away even at this price? As it has been listed for quite a while!

Early on the ad did mention that it was resprayed from its original red colour which can still be seen in the engine bay... Any other surprises?

3 hours ago, Dalai said:

Must be something about this car that is keeping the buyers away even at this price? As it has been listed for quite a while!

Early on the ad did mention that it was resprayed from its original red colour which can still be seen in the engine bay... Any other surprises?

So im not sure on the tomb stone seats for that car , the tail and the A/C being a UK car.. but lets face it its not bad looking and might be a enjoyable enry , I prefer the yellow to red :) 

6 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

How to get buyers on the phone    NOT!    Also needs to take spelling/grammar 101

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=1

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

Its called carsales frustration…  pretty good advert really… I guess my only disspointmentis , who doesnt want to haggle…. you gotta get something for free.. an extinguisher , something 

10 minutes ago, symsy said:

Its called carsales frustration…  pretty good advert really… I guess my only disspointmentis , who doesnt want to haggle…. you gotta get something for free.. an extinguisher , something 

"UNDERSTAND THESES CARS OR NOT TOORAK FEMALE WIVES CARS THAT GO UP AND DOWN TOORAK ROAD ...THERE MADE TO DO 4.3 SECONDS FROM ZERO TO 100"

I call it retarded, frustration is way too generous

4 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Very nice - great colour and price; this or a converted import....let me think for a nanosecond

2 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

"UNDERSTAND THESES CARS OR NOT TOORAK FEMALE WIVES CARS THAT GO UP AND DOWN TOORAK ROAD ...THERE MADE TO DO 4.3 SECONDS FROM ZERO TO 100"

Very nice - great colour and price; this or a converted import....let me think for a nanosecond

He would've been better off to say, "2 owner, ultra low k's, perfect books, never seen a track, as new, phone anytime, price is absolutely firm to meet the market".  Actually he says he's knocked back 180k from stealer - he should've taken it at those numbers.

Yes seal grey always looks great in the flesh in my book.

2 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I blame instant gratification and souless online transactions for all this ..

Maybe the Tinder dating stye of interacting has come to carsales… what ever happened to courting and romance hey Dave? ;)   Cars are sold like hheap sex on Gumtree , Amsterdam viewing shop window sales on Ebay for your purchase

Where can a sensitive nice boy go have a nice chat about buying a car where the seller actually wants to meet the buyer?

God forbid not on a forum, they pick on your photography , bitch about your copywriting and lets hope one doesnt forget to vacuum the fuchen carpets!!

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

He would've been better off to say, "2 owner, ultra low k's, perfect books, never seen a track, as new, phone anytime, price is absolutely firm to meet the market".  Actually he says he's knocked back 180k from stealer - he should've taken it at those numbers.

Yes seal grey always looks great in the flesh in my book.

You could pay everyone on PFA a dollar to send him a lowball offer, to demonstrate the market and ring and ask politely if there is room for negotiation.