Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

How to get buyers on the phone    NOT!    Also needs to take spelling/grammar 101

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=1

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

I think these two guys would get on famously!!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lamborghini-Gallardo-2005/SSE-AD-4588038/?Cr=11

"You will need to meet my criteria to inspect (Eg: Genuine, with money & ready to buy) As of 24/03/18 No one to date has meet my criteria to inspect."

"Obviously NO OFFERS at this price. Genuine inquiries welcome with proof of ability to purchase PRIOR to ANY discussions. *If you are not in a position to purchase IMMEDIATELY, please do not contact me."

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

How to get buyers on the phone    NOT!    Also needs to take spelling/grammar 101

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=1

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

As everybody knows GT3's are built to be drag cars 

"..UNDERSTAND THESES CARS OR NOT TOORAK FEMALE WIVES CARS THAT GO UP AND DOWN TOORAK ROAD ...THERE MADE TO DO 4.3 SECONDS FROM ZERO TO 100.."

But this one should be faster with 'power' coated wheels... ?

19 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Keep the Carrera one? :Chuckle2: It's a "Race" decal... 

Ridgy didge Boxster RS Carrera that one mate ? Bloody cheap Porsche fun anyway. Well, if the IMS doesn't decide to destroy itself

41 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

My old car.  Sigh ......

Time to get it back perhaps  , many of the superfunders car releases and the June 30th specials all come in the next few weeks ;) 

19 minutes ago, symsy said:

Time to get it back perhaps  , many of the superfunders car releases and the June 30th specials all come in the next few weeks ;) 

No my friend.  I’ve made my money on that one. Stuck the proceeds into some commercial bricks and mortar and haven’t looked back.  

If someone wants to pay that money, good on them.  They’ll need to hold it long to get growth but it won’t go legs up on them.  If you’re shopping in that space, you will not find a better example.   

I gave the Duttons guys a bit of background on it before they put it to market again recently as I did all the resto work on the thing and by the looks of it, it’s not been touched much since by the last owner.    

I will admit that the thought of buying it back did come to me but concluded that I’ve got other cars that I’m yet to enjoy so left it alone.   

Its an epic car but in the end I didn’t enjoy driving it.  The small matter of its rarity and then value was highlighted when a nice lady in a Tarago nearly took me out in a roundabout in Pearcedale ...

The day after that I jumped into my 73E and really did enjoy the drive far more.  Slower, softer but just as pure (and less brutal).

Early on before the restoration I took it to Winton for day and it was in its element. I drove it up there, filled it and another 3 20 litre jerry cans with fuel and proceeded to spend the rest of the day smashing out laps.  Must have done the better part of 60 laps.

Then topped up the tank and drove it home.   I was well farked after a long day so it was a looooonnng noisy and uncomfortable drive.  Was glad to get out of it but that day sticks with me more than perhaps any I’ve had on a racetrack.   

Not much of a Sunday drive car though.   

Noisy, bouncy, stunk of oil from the catch tank, gearbox roll over at idle like a bag of bolts in an old Milo tin, grumpy as all fark on start up, wanted to lay stripes out of all the slow corners ...

Man I miss it ...

But I also know that misty eyed nostalgia beats reality hands down so I’ll take the memory (it’s cheaper).  

3 hours ago, 901er said:

I think I'm starting to want a 912... Is there something wrong with me? 

Is it because all the cool kids have got them? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1966-Porsche-912-Manual/OAG-AD-16050581?id=OAG-AD-16050581

Drop a 6 in a cheap one - badda bing badda bang....oh hang on.

Maybe I've been reading Total 911 too much,,,,,

2 minutes ago, Coastr said:

What’s the collective thoughts on a messed-about-with LHD euro SC wearing big wheels and 930 body but standard engine?

Sounds like a fun car to muck around with and not worry too much about

2 minutes ago, GUT said:

Sounds like a fun car to muck around with and not worry too much about

That would be the plan.  Unknown mileage, no history, all that stuff.  Trying to figure out market value though...tricky 

37 minutes ago, Coastr said:

That would be the plan.  Unknown mileage, no history, all that stuff.  Trying to figure out market value though...tricky 

Always worth a shot for a lot of no fuchs given fun but gotta be on the very low end of the market. Could be a world of fun or a world of pain, or both..

41 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Always worth a shot for a lot of no fuchs given fun but gotta be on the very low end of the market. Could be a world of fun or a world of pain, or both..

What is the low end these days- I mean, we don’t say ‘worlds gone mad’ that often anymore.  Seems like low 50s for a registered coupe?