Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Just found this, probably too late, but what a car.

934 Replica. Road Registered

22-01-18, 08:19 PM

A friend of mine is selling his 934 replica. The car has a good history in the Noosa Hill Climb. He is negotiable. 934 replica Jan 2018.jpg

1977 Porsche 934 replica for sale 

CAMS log book, roll caged and road registered competition car. Engine upgrades & rebuild 2011-13 including new 98mm pistons/barrels (3.4L), Carrillo rods, EFI with Vi-Pec V88 ECU, twin plug heads & 12 coils, 964 plastic inlet manifold, Tial F46 waste gate, Garrett GT35/82 turbo, setup for E85 fuel, conservative mapping of ECU and small pipe extractors giving 375 rear wheel horsepower at 5,200 RPM at 1 bar boost. 

5 speed G50 close ratio gearbox (rebuilt 2017). RSR coilover suspension, Velo seats 2012, Momo Prototipo steering wheel 2012. BBS wheels 18x10 fronts and 18x11 rears. Since above engine work the car has done very few hours of operation including two PCQ hillclimbs at Mt Cotton Aug 2013 and Sep 2017 and eight hill climbs at Noosa. Circa $45K spent over past six years. The car is lively with about 500 fly wheel horsepower and dry weight of 1100KG. Asking price $80,000 

Bruce Simpson

25 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Just found this, probably too late, but what a car.

934 Replica. Road Registered

22-01-18, 08:19 PM

A friend of mine is selling his 934 replica. The car has a good history in the Noosa Hill Climb. He is negotiable. 934 replica Jan 2018.jpg

1977 Porsche 934 replica for sale 

CAMS log book, roll caged and road registered competition car. Engine upgrades & rebuild 2011-13 including new 98mm pistons/barrels (3.4L), Carrillo rods, EFI with Vi-Pec V88 ECU, twin plug heads & 12 coils, 964 plastic inlet manifold, Tial F46 waste gate, Garrett GT35/82 turbo, setup for E85 fuel, conservative mapping of ECU and small pipe extractors giving 375 rear wheel horsepower at 5,200 RPM at 1 bar boost. 

5 speed G50 close ratio gearbox (rebuilt 2017). RSR coilover suspension, Velo seats 2012, Momo Prototipo steering wheel 2012. BBS wheels 18x10 fronts and 18x11 rears. Since above engine work the car has done very few hours of operation including two PCQ hillclimbs at Mt Cotton Aug 2013 and Sep 2017 and eight hill climbs at Noosa. Circa $45K spent over past six years. The car is lively with about 500 fly wheel horsepower and dry weight of 1100KG. Asking price $80,000 

Bruce Simpson

had been for sale for a while , proper bit of kit , im not sure how the registration would go interstate? 

3 hours ago, 356993??? said:

How about the $150k 996TT in QLD then...have a read of that add as it apparently has over 850hp with engine rated at 1500hp and is quoted as fastest in country....

I tried to get detailed info off the dude , hes overseas.. only got the vin  , if you want the fastest , you would by J Richards race version with full rego at 60k less

5 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Movie Trailer Version.

Weapon in a boss suit per @skidmarks line, but its been re-tailored to account for some aging and a few more kegs (hp) and enlarged prostate  (more boost) developed over the years

Missing the credits on who tuned the car, was the engine rebuilt with carillo rods and were the 7 coolant pipes welded and are the boost lines and valves been replaced within the last decade.   Perhaps need to get access to the script invoices to confirm.

Certainty got the dolby surround sound right with the boltons to get to a solid 500 plus  decibels (hp) with the right producer tuner and turbo's (or are they stock factory)

Not convinced on the credits on focusing on no oil leaks (given), no boost leaks would of been more appropriate for the targeted audience.

Why are aircooled hotrods with rebuilt engines sought after, but concerns with rebuilt mezgers that aren't sitting in a 996gt3  and concerns they have been overworked and perhaps too many  type 1 overevs. Do you need to over rev a boosted mezger with a respected tuner?

Cheap thrills compared to a modded aircooled or stock 996turbo.  Eg Stick it third, put the foot down and compare the pair / pairs. Engine can possibly take double the factory boost at minimal incremental cost to a similiarly aged stock one.  

Box office hit me thinks over an original one at similar ticketed seat pricing. 

smi  I think its time you popped an extra T in that forum name SmiTT2100 , good review and spotting ..  Now where do I get a choc top around this joint ;) 

14 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Could be another one of those old ad relisted issues?  Says fully road registered but rego expiry June 2013 :blink:

That would explain the price... Didn't look into it so disappointing if an old ad.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:21 AM, MFX said:

I was pretty sure you had to get import approval to register the car before it got here? I would do my homework on that one to make sure it is straight forward to register it before I handed any money over..

Surely at even 27k that car is overpriced??

Is it just me or does it look like that car has been in a flood? It is in Mooloolah which is a flood prone area...

You would need some serious Mooloolah to fix that car up!

(I had to google where Mooloolah was - in case you're wondering - it's right next to Bald Knob.) ?

38 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

Yeah nah.... been on the mushies I think... seeing dollar signs that don't exisat

43 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

"Tell him he's dreamin'"  is the quote that comes to mind.

56 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

and to think i passed on a RHD 75 930 two years ago for less than half of that two years ago. This one is very minty though. 

1 hour ago, Diamond911 said:

Given the apparent attention to detail shown in most of the pics, I'd expect the speaker grilles to be clean, for $625k...

6 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Mk2 Manual cab under 40k:

2001 Porsche 911 996 Carrera Silver 6 Speed Manual Cabriolet

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wangara/cars-vans-utes/2001-porsche-911-996-carrera-silver-6-speed-manual-cabriolet/1185371294

That almost seems to good to be true,looks like a fair price

6 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

I saw it in the shop the other day. It is the farking business. George has taken shit photos - they don’t do the extreme high quality of the car justice! It is y far the best example I have ever seen. Price is definitely on the high side though.

4 hours ago, The Great Race said:

20 1975'z rhd worldwide. nut & bolt restore. 620k asking is justified in my view. other icon marques produced in those low numbers would be double price.

Agreed! Someone with big pockets will snap this up.