Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

36 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Looks like a Lorbek car - they've got a good rep haven't they?

? Lorbeks do have some very nice cars, but just tread carefully. Get the car independently assessed and get everything in writing!

https://www.lawanswers.com.au/threads/purchased-lemon-car-at-lorbek-luxury-car-what-to-do.6673/

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

At a guess, I'll go with 'Must pay full price and $XXXX per year for 10 years' 

Probably similar to what was included with my latest purchase, worth 3/4 of 5/8 of F... all. I think $300 per item, list a few and then about $1k for a big item. In other words not worth the paper it is written on..... 

It was included I certainly never asked for it and may keep it current for a few months, generally you need to get your car serviced every 6 months to keep them current.....

1 hour ago, turboT said:

sure sure....but does yours come with a 10 year warranty?? Do Toyota's even come with 10 years? Recon I have near immediately dropped $7k - $10k on every air cooled I have bought . That adds up over 10 years. Can they really be offering that?

Those warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on ....

It is offered through a third party warranty company.

If it did qualify for the warranty, something would have to break while going uphill at no more than 5kph with the left blinker on and the wipers on low speed .... if any of those are on different settings, the warranty is void ...

If it does qualify, the claim amount would be so low for each repair that you would spend more in fuel going to an approved repaired than to just get it fixed....

Kinda get where I'm going with this??  :Chuckle2:

3 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Those warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on ....

It is offered through a third party warranty company.

If it did qualify for the warranty, something would have to break while going uphill at no more than 5kph with the left blinker on and the wipers on low speed .... if any of those are on different settings, the warranty is void ...

If it does qualify, the claim amount would be so low for each repair that you would spend more in fuel going to an approved repaired than to just get it fixed....

Kinda get where I'm going with this??  :Chuckle2:

If you were to buy a car with such warranty, I would try to negotiate a few thousand off to not include it

20 minutes ago, JLD said:

If you were to buy a car with such warranty, I would try to negotiate a few thousand off to not include it

If you read the ad it says .... this car qualifies for the extended warranty.

In real English that reads .... it's not included in the purchase price but we'll happily charge you extra for it!! ... ?

2 hours ago, JLD said:

I know somebody who had to take him to court to get a deposit back, because they sold the car to someone else!

For general knowledge if you pay a deposit by credit card and the dealer reneg's on terms of contract and you decide not to proceed with purchase, stealer decides to pocket deposit, call the card Company with explanation and suddenly the money they thought they had was missing.  This happened to me at a dealership with initials Brighton Mazda.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:07 PM, turboT said:

nice looking 912.

Comes with a 10 year warranty?? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-912-1966/OAG-AD-16050581/?Cr=0

I still remember when wasserkuhl, who started this thread, bought a LHD 912 for something like $8,000...and most people thought it wasn't worth buying!

3 minutes ago, hugh said:

I picked my boys up from is school in ours today. They got excited, it's their favourite! 

in ours  ..shift from Hers.. nice smooove mooove mate ;)  You're my 4 car hero and doing right it under her nose

12 minutes ago, symsy said:

full credit man .. you cruises while she snoozes .. where sthe pics :) 

Study break, left the phone/camera at home. No distractions, car + boys time, just the way I like it. ;)

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

I still remember when wasserkuhl, who started this thread, bought a LHD 912 for something like $8,000...and most people thought it wasn't worth buying!

I paid close to that for mine, though Steve's was a lot nicer and running/regod. He did a mega job cleaning it up and sold it just before the big price explosion