Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks @turboT Some nice stock however Perth is a little inconvenient to drop in to check the car out prior to bidding though ?. Also comes back to how realistic the reserves are as to whether you take a punt on something at a lowball (aka @symsy tyre kicker style) then get shipped east with free beers crossed ?

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Thanks @turboT Some nice stock however Perth is a little inconvenient to drop in to check the car out prior to bidding though ?. Also comes back to how realistic the reserves are as to whether you take a punt on something at a lowball (aka @symsy tyer kicker style) then get shipped east with free beers crossed ?

50k on a GT3 thats a fair bid .. need the rest for stickers for it and perhaps a body kit 

Dont we have staff on the ground over there chaps?

26 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

It does look like a nice car . It actually went down 25 K this morning to $199,99 .

Maybe by tomorrow it will be 175 K

Telephone , fingers .. press numbers .. breathe … speak nicely , calm and offer…. wait for response maybe calmly replies maybe not !!!    188 - says to me 180 and maybe 175

Just remember , good service , tyres , brakes, brake flush .. can be the 10k slide either way on one of these cars, 10 yrs old , will need exinguisher and belts also 

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks for the advice . Your the best

Just trying to clear the glut in the market an get you to smile…at 8000+ rpm.. just like that bike only cooler

I could sell you mine for more !!!

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Last week this car was  $188,000 now  to now $225,000 . He has an interesting way of trying to sell it .

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=8

This car has been on and off the market for some time via various sellers. It has been previously listed for cheaper, not sure if it was sold and is now being on-sold? I believe a few members on here have seen the car at its previous sellers location (dealership). 

24 minutes ago, hugh said:

This car has been on and off the market for some time via various sellers. It has been previously listed for cheaper, not sure if it was sold and is now being on-sold? I believe a few members on here have seen the car at its previous sellers location (dealership). 

Hmmmm - Possibly "Pete in Braeside" is the brother-in-law of the Dealer?????

I have sometimes wondered about a "Private Sale" when an expensive Ferrari is advertised by "Tran in  Dandenong Sth" and the car is sitting in the driveway with well used Nissan Skylines.

4 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Hmmmm - Possibly "Pete in Braeside" is the brother-in-law of the Dealer?????

I have sometimes wondered about a "Private Sale" when an expensive Ferrari is advertised by "Tran in  Dandenong Sth" and the car is sitting in the driveway with well used Nissan Skylines.

Isn't that the way dealers move cars with potential issues? Avoid warranty and other headaches

5 hours ago, symsy said:

Just trying to clear the glut in the market an get you to smile…at 8000+ rpm.. just like that bike only cooler

I could sell you mine for more !!!

?

13 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Isn't that the way dealers move cars with potential issues? Avoid warranty and other headaches

That would presumably cost them stamp duty to get it into the name of someone other than the dealer

4 hours ago, 901er said:

Was this for sale here about a year ago? Looks the goods 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/SSE-AD-5497665?id=SSE-AD-5497665

236HP on the Dyno - i assume that means at the wheels?

Is that possible in a 3.0L running CIS with only a rebuild (high comp pistons) and heads/pipe?