Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 6/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, symsy said:

So basically a track car .. would you just buy a cup 

I'd say the maintenance and running costs of this one as a track car would be a lot cheaper than a Cup car of similar vintage

The Porsches faired pretty well i reckon .. the other cars were all super low and not meeting anywhere near what you might guess the reserves will or should be..

Did anyone confirm the GT3 could be registered…?

10 hours ago, symsy said:

The Porsches faired pretty well i reckon .. the other cars were all super low and not meeting anywhere near what you might guess the reserves will or should be..

Did anyone confirm the GT3 could be registered…?

The new owner of the yellow targa might get a surprise when they open the door and see only two pedals...  No upfront disclosure it was a sporto (they did give the VIN, engine number so you could work it out but really).

The blue targa also had a bunch of UK service stamps. Well travelled car. 

6 minutes ago, sam911 said:

Wondering why the latest 911s  at Lloyds auctions went for below market trends. Has anyone seen them? 

'84 Targa $83500

'82 Turbo $86500

'74 Targa $58400

'76 Coupe $58000

Did they sell or pass in?

1 hour ago, sam911 said:

Wondering why the latest 911s  at Lloyds auctions went for below market trends. Has anyone seen them? 

'84 Targa $83500

'82 Turbo $86500

'74 Targa $58400

'76 Coupe $58000

Whats under trend ??

84 targa - would be 93 retail..maybe a litte more if a peach , it was a nice colour

82 turbo , sketchy history import .. probably with 20+ to spend 100k is a the money perhaps - 120..on a good day.  Nice colour again but james p is best to comment on that selling the nicest 930 for a while at a rock bottom price.  The red ex race car still sits in the 90s in tassie and would be a blast of a car no doubt.

74 Targa - read the fine print - sporto - someone will be looking for a extra pedal

I would always think cars are 10-15% under retail at auctions.. gone are the days of buying cars full retail in teh height of the bubble.

Housing markets turning , car markets turning.. I dont think anything will crash just get a little sterilised

I know where there is a perfect 3.2  Aus car , coupe near 120k and i also know an OZ targa 100-105 arena.. if you want good good cars , good kms , good owners , good paint , pretty much nothing to do --   I dont buy them cos there aint anything to be made in them, no personal journey of building like a hotrod etc etc , but if i were in the market for ownership of near original cars or good and trouble free motoring ,  I would buy one..

76 coupe - NFI 

My guess most will be under reserve …ina changing market .. whats the line @FAP911 , he says it to me all the time , buyers take the elevator down and sellers take the stairs. :) 

22 minutes ago, Tips said:

What’s with that Lloyd’s mob and not revealing sale status or last bid? Odd lot for sure... 

you know how rare the 16v is in RHD tips? I’m guessing quite... 

I don’t know exact numbers but I have a couple of mates with the 2.3 16 valves one is ex Alan Jones car which was special order via tourist pick up.  I know definitely thin on the ground as the 16v cars were not released in AU so all were imports. There were approximately 5,750 2.5-16v cars produced, vs 19,500 of the 2.3-16v cars. The rare beasts are the evo 1 & 2 models only LHD with Japan being a large market for them.

25 minutes ago, edgy said:

What’s with that Lloyd’s mob and not revealing sale status or last bid? Odd lot for sure... 

you know how rare the 16v is in RHD tips? I’m guessing quite... 

Surely your not implying that Lloyd’s would put the same car up for auction multiple times and drive a perception that it had sold each time......?

1 hour ago, Tips said:

I'm a big w201 fan, had one as my first car! The 2.3-16v and 2.5-16v were the Mecca of the w201 world! The w201 EVO2, that's something else :D Hot Wheels just released a  190E EVO2 "Euro Speed" Edition too, bought a few the other day.

11 hours ago, Tips said:

I don’t know exact numbers but I have a couple of mates with the 2.3 16 valves one is ex Alan Jones car which was special order via tourist pick up.  I know definitely thin on the ground as the 16v cars were not released in AU so all were imports. There were approximately 5,750 2.5-16v cars produced, vs 19,500 of the 2.3-16v cars. The rare beasts are the evo 1 & 2 models only LHD with Japan being a large market for them.

Thanks for the good info! Despite the 2.5 being much more rare, I would happily take a 2.3-16v. I wonder how many there are floating around Australia...

13 hours ago, Tips said:

Thanks, I knew the 2.5 was scarce, and the EVO's are definitely reserved for the most discerning cab drivers... I've been thinking about importing a 2.3 16v, but wondered if its worth waiting on a RHD. 

13 hours ago, JB said:

Surely your not implying that Lloyd’s would put the same car up for auction multiple times and drive a perception that it had sold each time......?

I wasn't, just that it is never clear what the hell actually occurred post any of their auctions. 

12 hours ago, symsy said:

Start a fast Mercedes taxi thread will ya , talk about 540/M5's BMW's if you must also 

MB>BMW... all day buddy. 

2 hours ago, poli84 said:

Thanks for the good info! Despite the 2.5 being much more rare, I would happily take a 2.3-16v. I wonder how many there are floating around Australia...

Not many that I have seen, but there always seems to be one on Burwood Rd Hawthorn in front of shop. I knew of one other 2.3 16 here in Syd... don't exactly follow it closely, just an accessible classic I'd like to get into one day. :)