Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 6/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, JGTC said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2000/SSE-AD-5465256/?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

Interesting to see the full list of work some of these cars can and do undergo.  This would make a lightning daily driver to put ks on without too much conscience.

Looks like this turbo "failed to proceed" because he blew the differential Crown wheel & Pinion - then added an engine refresh while it was in bits.

Did you notice where they claimed the gearbox was assembled 'wrong' by Porsche at the factory? Hmmm - I remain slightly sceptical, more likely full turbo power through the g/box lotsa times?

Nice car but I would always be a bit scared it would go bang in my ownership.

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I had a look at this today and took it for a spin in the twisties. Bloody hell these modern things are a good thing to drive! Not that I have any experience with them and no surprise to owners, yet I can see the attraction they have. This one felt firm, great steering and plenty of grunt compared to my SC (obviously). Dare say my license would be cancelled pretty quickly though

The pearlescent white wrap was done well by the looks ( Andrew and Stew seemed to agree) and for those asking, it's originally dark green. I really liked it and have no doubt I'll get one in the future, though I'll have to.....errrr...clean up the backdate first though ??

20180701_103225.jpg

Looks good @LeeM not sure on that interior though it’s an acquired taste,they are great cars to drive that is for sure,go on make em an offer you know you want one.

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

Looks good @LeeM not sure on that interior though it’s an acquired taste,they are great cars to drive that is for sure,go on make em an offer you know you want one.

As you say, it's an acquired taste, though my tastebuds aren't quite there with this one. Nice car for sure, though a 996 would have to tick a few more boxes for me to think of parting with the SC....

26 minutes ago, LeeM said:

As you say, it's an acquired taste, though my tastebuds aren't quite there with this one. Nice car for sure, though a 996 would have to tick a few more boxes for me to think of parting with the SC....

I will swap you for a  day/drive Lee....

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I didn't mind the interior too, yet dunno if I could live with it

20180701_111951.jpgfree photo hosting

Damn. That is a pretty well spec’d car with what looks like full leather and sports seats in addition to the aero kit

Been watching this slowly and not by much drop in price. Anyone know it? @symsy what’s it worth?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-5488776?id=SSE-AD-5488776

22 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Damn. That is a pretty well spec’d car with what looks like full leather and sports seats in addition to the aero kit

Been watching this slowly and not by much drop in price. Anyone know it? @symsy what’s it worth?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-5488776?id=SSE-AD-5488776

Did all 76/77 cars have opening windows here?  Well apart from the obvious crimes , gearshift , seats, it  looks pretty good.

Personally Im no taken by the KMS … it does look like a straight car .. for me 70…but really with SC's being so in demand at the moment could be on the money with that price.

I dont follow them ..so much

I like the colour.. but maybe its been painted the engine bay colour looks quite different..

Did you mean another car ??

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

The pearlescent white wrap was done well by the looks ( Andrew and Stew seemed to agree) and for those asking, it's originally dark green.

20180701_103225.jpg

That pearl white wrap looks quite nice. Did he mentioned what that cost? I've seen cars from time to time that I like except for the colour, maybe I've been thinking about it wrong, could just wrap it (assuming it lasts a decent amount of time).

7 minutes ago, symsy said:

Did all 76/77 cars have opening windows here?  Well apart from the obvious crimes , gearshift , seats, it  looks pretty good.

Personally Im no taken by the KMS … it does look like a straight car .. for me 70…but really with SC's being so in demand at the moment could be on the money with that price.

I dont follow them ..so much

I like the colour.. but maybe its been painted the engine bay colour looks quite different..

Did you mean another car ??

That’s the one. Thanks for thoughts

23 minutes ago, JWM said:

That pearl white wrap looks quite nice. Did he mentioned what that cost? I've seen cars from time to time that I like except for the colour, maybe I've been thinking about it wrong, could just wrap it (assuming it lasts a decent amount of time).

It was a good job and much better than I expected a wrapped car to look, though as I was told today the vinyl they use has a limited life from the date of manufacture, not the time of application. Most say it's good for anywhere from 3 to 7 years and $3000 and up. A cheaper alternative to a full paint job for sure, yet I wouldn't buy a car that has been wrapped without knowing what the paint is like underneath

On 6/26/2018 at 12:12 PM, edgy said:

Thanks, I knew the 2.5 was scarce, and the EVO's are definitely reserved for the most discerning cab drivers... I've been thinking about importing a 2.3 16v, but wondered if its worth waiting on a RHD. 

I wasn't, just that it is never clear what the hell actually occurred post any of their auctions

MB>BMW... all day buddy. 

Not many that I have seen, but there always seems to be one on Burwood Rd Hawthorn in front of shop. I knew of one other 2.3 16 here in Syd... don't exactly follow it closely, just an accessible classic I'd like to get into one day. :) 

@edgy  all good mate my post obviously didn’t register correctly on the sarcasm dial. Let’s just say stay tuned you may see that car again........or many of the other big ticket items that have sold.....

12 hours ago, Dalai said:

Congratulations. Finally found one you liked! Where is it coming from?

Down your way. Flew to MEL today to do the rego change and left it for some work before I bring it back. We were actually discussing your car at the shop!!

11 hours ago, PhilH said:

We were actually discussing your car at the shop!!

Hopefully it was all complementary?  ;)

Look forward to seeing pictures once your new car is back home!

11 minutes ago, symsy said:

Anyone ever bought an operation repo car? I would be scared that some toughies would knock on my door one night wanting the car back.