Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 minutes ago, James P said:

Local car to me i see it a few times a week.. looks stunning 

Yeah I see it regularly too while waiting for a coffee, me thinks he has just a few toys ?

Car is supposedly the last 997 manual turbo built which is interesting, don’t know if it ads valve but good bit of trivia.

8 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Looks like good value.. in the comments the price is even lower, but id say its an old ad 

Represents great value at $64,900. The rego is paid for the next 9 months until December 2014.

34 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Yeah - CarSales is BUSTED, somehow they sprinkle old ads into current listings.

I notice that 996 Turbo prices are dropping quickly, but are they returning to prices from about 2014??????

Who are their computer guys, its highly unlikely this would happen by accident.

19 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yeah - CarSales is BUSTED, somehow they sprinkle old ads into current listings.

I notice that 996 Turbo prices are dropping quickly, but are they returning to prices from about 2014??????

Who are their computer guys, its highly unlikely this would happen by accident.

Definitely a carsales problem.

Side note, there will be no talk of turbo price drops please ?

60F60E3C-08D7-4CC0-B754-3C476F0D822B

3579E8AF-0774-474B-A605-A10D4D1F3644

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Yeah I see it regularly too while waiting for a coffee, me thinks he has just a few toys ?

Car is supposedly the last 997 manual turbo built which is interesting, don’t know if it ads valve but good bit of trivia.

gorgeous in that colour

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

the sellers location says it all

18 hours ago, TOMB said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but looks interesting. Anyone know anything about it....?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/SSE-AD-3578728?id=SSE-AD-3578728

Would be interested to know more. 335rwhp is a very big number if it is still a 3l. Some more engine info would be good, and definitely help them to justify that price.

On 7/6/2018 at 10:43 PM, Fraz said:

I have seen this car in person what a stunner, option list as long as your arm and a manual. 

C255C5CA-BCFA-400B-AE25-1E7359E575C0

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-5492835

Love the colour. Nice to see something different.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:22 AM, Troubleshooter said:

How did they come up with a figure of $28,000. If you paid me that I would take it to work for rescue training (it would look a lot nicer when we were finished ;) ).

4 hours ago, MFX said:

Would be interested to know more. 335rwhp is a very big number if it is still a 3l. Some more engine info would be good, and definitely help them to justify that price.

It’s been relisted. I seem to remember from the earlier listing that it’s a twin-plugged 3.5l.

6 hours ago, MFX said:

The 1995 993 Carrera RS 3.8 motor made 300 hp. Realistically. I think you would need a turbo or two for a 3.0 to get to 335.

Nice car though.

9 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

The 1995 993 Carrera RS 3.8 motor made 300 hp. Realistically. I think you would need a turbo or two for a 3.0 to get to 335.

Nice car though.

The original 1973 RSR made 300hp from a 2.8, so 335 from a high strung 3.5 is possible, but it is a big number.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Yep the Farkin flippers ...............:rolleyes:

Not a bad markup - weren't they $750k (but depending on options I guess).  I understand PA will be monitoring the flippers and they won't get a guernsey next release - is that correct?

26 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Not a bad markup - weren't they $750k (but depending on options I guess).  I understand PA will be monitoring the flippers and they won't get a guernsey next release - is that correct?

I spec d one on the configurator as we all do ,,,,,,,,did like the dream build with all the options I wanted and came to just over $800 k ..........so 1.1 mill just a little mark up :Chuckle2:

I don,t see how Porsche can rain in on the mark up of flippers when their own dealers are selling a 2018 GT3 for $40K over the original cost here in Sydney and in the U.S it is considered a standard sales practice by dealers to base the price on the demand of the car ,,,many .U.S buyers pay upwards of $100K over Recommended Market Price to get a GT2 RS ....? From my understanding its known as ADM .....Additional dealer markup 

16 hours ago, sleazius said:

Ad says Carmine Red - this is Arena Red Metallic surely.

Either way, stunning.

I suspect it’s carmona red. Nonetheless, a great looking car with excellent options

Apologies if someone's posted this , but for the tinkerers this is a nice bodyshape to start with. The sunroof looks stupid though.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mansfield/cars-vans-utes/condor-ferrari-dino-replica/1188862000?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-cars-MAU&utm_content=120777_9299