Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, Tips said:

For me it’s still a bitsa (and a lot of fun) no matter the year and being targa I would have thought the coupes worth more, but what would I know, air cooled combined with Shannon’s tends to bring out the $$$$

think our resident Shannon’s bookie @symsy might need to run another guess the price thread

Pretty car …. I dont get the dirty frunk carpet and the dirty fan in the otherwise good engine bay .. a bit average.. the rest of the car is appealing , I wnder why they dont have a shot square on to see the shuts n the bonnet and the fornt stance is a bit weird.   God knows why the dont also do some cheap basics like do the rear carpet on the back of the seats , paint the seat runners.

I think its gonna need homework and depending of the period of the fuchs etc .. I think it will get to 87 .. In a normal market I think it woulda pulled 90-95k ..but the market barely has a pulse ..

54 minutes ago, symsy said:

"Pretty car …. I dont get the dirty frunk carpet and the dirty fan in the otherwise good engine bay .. a bit average.. the rest of the car is appealing , I wnder why they dont have a shot square on to see the shuts n the bonnet and the fornt stance is a bit weird.   God knows why the dont also do some cheap basics like do the rear carpet on the back of the seats , paint the seat runners.

I think its gonna need homework and depending of the period of the fuchs etc .. I think it will get to 87 .. In a normal market I think it woulda pulled 90-95k ..but the market barely has a pulse".

4 hours ago, Dalai said:

"Originally LHD, non matching numbers with later model engine plus Targa. Given the two converted long hood coupes on carsales are $89.5K and still listed I would say optimistic giving the Targa $80-100k? Or is that it is a 69 and the other two 70 and 73 a consideration?"

The best Aussie delivered small bumper Targas have sold for north of $250K.

Front lid not a great fit but this isn't unusual from new - issue is front bar/indicator fit and I note it has incorrect rubber on it compared to sides - ie it's a thicker S one - check for front end damage. I also see there is no inspection report which there usually is .... alarm bells? Front sports seats are repops, can't see how conversion has been done .... e.g. has it got a RHD smugglers box, but one tell tale to quality is that they didn't bother to move the brake fluid reservoir to the other side.

1969 has a lot of one/two year only parts  - not exhaustive - rear decklid, grille, hazard switch, banana arms, wiring loom, indicator stalk, front trunk carpet etc. Should have battery box each side as well.

5 of 6x15 Fuchs with hearts are gunna set you back at least $8K restored properly, plus tyres. A date correct case is pretty easy to come across, although then building an engine around it is pricey.

Think the coupe for similar money (and negotiate some off) might be better relative value if all steel and done right etc (if you want a small bumper with a big engine backdate an SC or later with fibreglass parts), and I'd think $60K, $70K absolute tops should logically see this out ... but if you want a small bumper hey when is it logical ....

12 hours ago, Mike-S said:

If I get chance this weekend I’ll trundle up the road for a look at that Targa, might make for an interesting night out when the auction’s on.

Might do the same after Dak Dak tomorrow morning.

I might be looking at this tomorrow. It's originally green that's been wrapped in white. Recent PCA servicing yet IMS not done. There is 2 prices in the ad, $59k and $55k in small print on their website

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathalbyn/cars-vans-utes/collectable-classic-cars-1998-porsche-911-coupe/1187972742

7 hours ago, JGTC said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2000/SSE-AD-5465256/?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

Interesting to see the full list of work some of these cars can and do undergo.  This would make a lightning daily driver to put ks on without too much conscience.

Like this!!!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I might be looking at this tomorrow. It's originally green that's been wrapped in white. Recent PCA servicing yet IMS not done. There is 2 prices in the ad, $59k and $55k in small print on their website

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathalbyn/cars-vans-utes/collectable-classic-cars-1998-porsche-911-coupe/1187972742

Looks good. What colour is it under the wrap?

36 minutes ago, Al said:

Haven't been on here for a while.. Ole sell his 911 for real?

No he's sent it to the motherland and swapped it for a 997 C2 done up like a GT3 -- like he threatened the public he'd do . hahahahha.

Yeah nah last I saw it appeared on Gumtree a few months back and was the usual games of word salad etc. haven't checked if it's still there

Surely this has to be one of the most ridiculously priced cars we've ever seen? ... :Sweating:

Convertible, US car and converted ..

Am I missing something or is RUF gear really this expensive?? ... I'm happy to be schooled on this subject ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1988/SSE-AD-5523171/?Cr=5

21 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Surely this has to be one of the most ridiculously priced cars we've ever seen? ... :Sweating:

Am I missing something or is RUF gear really this expensive?? ... I'm happy to be schooled on this subject ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1988/SSE-AD-5523171/?Cr=5

I have seen this car… Its real ..but I couldnt find the cocaine or diamonds under the bonnet.. Ruf deal without em 

38 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I can’t see the value in that for that money you could get a couple of great cars.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:38 PM, 9er said:

Been for a quick tyre kick on this one. Current interior does not make it a 28k km car! Crinkle paint finish over rubber and metal bumpers that’s ,about 20 grit smooth,  says something.

nice polish and stripe. Concour car money?

45 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

This car belongs to a very good mate of mine.. its the first ever 996 GT2 delivered in Australia & he bought it brand new, its a genuine one owner car... i think its underpriced 

Just now, James P said:

This car belongs to a very good mate of mine.. its the first ever 996 GT2 delivered in Australia & he bought it brand new, its a genuine one owner car... i think its underpriced 

I do as well James, underpriced by probably about $50k on a good day. 275k is about the price a dealer would offer him. Give him a call and tell him to up it to $295, then with the extra 10k he gets after negs, the pair of you hit the tropics and escape this crap winter for a couple of weeks with the 10k! Sound like a plan?

23 hours ago, James P said:

Stunning car and I love the streamline look of the licence plate stickers....are they legal in Oz as I would be keen to replace mine if so!

On 6/29/2018 at 6:37 PM, LeeM said:

I had a look at this today and took it for a spin in the twisties. Bloody hell these modern things are a good thing to drive! Not that I have any experience with them and no surprise to owners, yet I can see the attraction they have. This one felt firm, great steering and plenty of grunt compared to my SC (obviously). Dare say my license would be cancelled pretty quickly though

The pearlescent white wrap was done well by the looks ( Andrew and Stew seemed to agree) and for those asking, it's originally dark green. I really liked it and have no doubt I'll get one in the future, though I'll have to.....errrr...clean up the backdate first though ??

20180701_103225.jpg