Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

After doing a few 'spirited' laps at The Bend yesterday in mine, if I had the coin I'd buy that in a heartbeat

Can sell you a 3.8 or a 3.2 motor mate ;) No need for a new car

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Can sell you a 3.8 or a 3.2 motor mate ;) No need for a new car

Nah, just give 'my' blue car back! ? Have told DA I'll do a swap, though I don't like my chances 

51 minutes ago, symsy said:

Mate way too pure for you now , its all one colour ;)

I have loads of insulation tape left over mate ?

And the Clubsport is supplied with matte grey and yellow decals from the factory. Just needs a stripe or 2 of red insulation tape and I'm done ?

1 hour ago, Avon said:

Here's an interesting one;  I can't work out the origin of the numberplate (I'm pretty sure its not West Aussie).

But a 996 Turbo for $58k...  would love to know the backstory for this car

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/landsdale/cars-vans-utes/porsche-twin-turbo-911-996-58k-/1184139090

Ktec is West Aussie mate. That's a bargain for someone wanting a track car.....hmmmmmm.......can I sell the Ghetto??? 

1 hour ago, Avon said:

Here's an interesting one;  I can't work out the origin of the numberplate (I'm pretty sure its not West Aussie).

But a 996 Turbo for $58k...  would love to know the backstory for this car

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/landsdale/cars-vans-utes/porsche-twin-turbo-911-996-58k-/1184139090

too many issues with unclear repairs and written off registers .. .. not a cheap track hack .. 

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Silly question but I know you'll have the answer James... I thought and have read many times, the 996.1 GT3 weren't made for the US market, this lefty proves it wrong?

I could be wrong, and I'm sure James will correct me if so, but the chassis number should tell us the answer ..

It is a WPOZZZ number where the ZZZ means "rest of world" production ... the cars for the US have their own code in place of ZZZ.

This definitely applies to the older 80's and 90's cars, I'm just not 100% sure if it applies to the later cars ... ?

7 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I could be wrong, and I'm sure James will correct me if so, but the chassis number should tell us the answer ..

It is a WPOZZZ number where the ZZZ means "rest of world" production ... the cars for the US have their own code in place of ZZZ.

This definitely applies to the older 80's and 90's cars, I'm just not 100% sure if it applies to the later cars ... ?

Yes correct, so maybe it's a lefty for Japan or other LHD countries bar the US?

46 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

But, I really, really like the look of that intake system though......

Its a Fabspeed 'competition intake' there is a bit of contention over it because it basically sucks hot air in, the EVOMS intake is better. 

So basically a track car .. would you just buy a cup , you probably cant register with the full cage.. and the interior, whats up with porsche seats!!!!!

I wonder actually is it plated or just a very dirty import

43 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yes correct, so maybe it's a lefty for Japan or other LHD countries bar the US?

That would be my guess ...

The ROW cars are for every other country except the US .... they are the only ones to have a seperate code.

It could have been for anywhere in Europe, or as you suggested, the Japanese market ...