Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, symsy said:

what was the 997s price.. yep i was sleeping? .. Just like to see where the markets at 

Yep 80k and had sports chrono and a coupla other options... I saw it just after it came up in the morn, I'm not placed atm so I messaged you Steve for a quick one, thought you may have landed it... wake up lad ???

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep 80k and had sports chrono and a coupla other options... I saw it just after it came up in the morn, I'm not placed atm so I messaged you Steve for a quick one, thought you may have landed it... wake up lad ???

I didnt get ya message , you sure it was me…  80 seems to be the money.. no tyre kicking dollars intaht mate , not even enough to buy a set of Cup2 tyres

June 30th salughter and slow times ..now mate

16 minutes ago, symsy said:

I didnt get ya message , you sure it was me…  80 seems to be the money.. no tyre kicking dollars intaht mate , not even enough to buy a set of Cup2 tyres

June 30th salughter and slow times ..now mate

Shit I just had a look and it's not there, can't understand, mustn't have hit send. Damn!! Was a good drink in that one;)

28 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

Yeah I'm sure it will sell quickly with 2 pics and no description, not:D

You Bums don't understand this stealthily brilliant sales tactic.  Be mysterious, wet their appetite & leave them wanting more.  It's brilliant.  I'm calling him now with a low-ball offer of $47k.   Suckers hahahahahahahahahahah it's all MINE!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of 1976s:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-5488776/?Cr=1

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-5487670/?Cr=6

The yellow floats my boat.  Anyone on here?

The blue one looks to be the one that has been at Buiks for a while and has been discussed here previously

8 hours ago, D2000 said:

The blue one looks to be the one that has been at Buiks for a while and has been discussed here previously

Same car.

As much as it does present nicely and apparently goes very well, I can't get past the speedboat heavy metalflake paintjob, so I think that the paint and non matching numbers thing is putting buyers off. Would be a great track hack though 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

3 gauge but doesn't retain its painted dash :(

Wonder what the original colour was? I'm assuming that's not it. 

The Kid says.......... errrr quotes

Towards the end of the 1965 model-year run going into 1966, the most obvious change Porsche made to the 912 was to paint all dashboards matte black as had always been done on the 911, but instead of 911’s teak wood dashboard strip, the 912 received a decorative a band of brushed aluminum.
Other 356 vestiges that disappeared in 1966 included the fluted shift knob, which for 1966 was shaped like a round ball, and the gas tank door release pull, which for 1966 was identical to the trunk and rear deck lid release pulls.  Sun visors, which had been entirely white in 1965, were now black on one side and white on the other.  
In the engine bay, air filters were changed to a more sensible and practical design.  Midway through 1966, both the trunk VIN plate and the windshield fluid reservoir were moved towards the front of the car, and chrome plated brass 4-screw horn grills were replaced with a chrome plated pot metal 2-screw type.
Options for 1966 were the same as they were for 1965, however the wood steering wheel offered in 1966 featured a steal hub and spokes, whereas the year previous they were made of aluminum.

13 hours ago, turboT said:

nice looking 912.

Comes with a 10 year warranty?? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-912-1966/OAG-AD-16050581/?Cr=0

1 hour ago, hugh said:

3 gauge but doesn't retain its painted dash :(

So these 912’s are missing 2 gauges as well as 2 cylinders!

9 minutes ago, Okrasa Kid said:

The Kid says.......... errrr quotes

Towards the end of the 1965 model-year run going into 1966, the most obvious change Porsche made to the 912 was to paint all dashboards matte black as had always been done on the 911, but instead of 911’s teak wood dashboard strip, the 912 received a decorative a band of brushed aluminum.
Other 356 vestiges that disappeared in 1966 included the fluted shift knob, which for 1966 was shaped like a round ball, and the gas tank door release pull, which for 1966 was identical to the trunk and rear deck lid release pulls.  Sun visors, which had been entirely white in 1965, were now black on one side and white on the other.  
In the engine bay, air filters were changed to a more sensible and practical design.  Midway through 1966, both the trunk VIN plate and the windshield fluid reservoir were moved towards the front of the car, and chrome plated brass 4-screw horn grills were replaced with a chrome plated pot metal 2-screw type.
Options for 1966 were the same as they were for 1965, however the wood steering wheel offered in 1966 featured a steal hub and spokes, whereas the year previous they were made of aluminum.

My mistake. Makes mine rarer than I thought! 

3 hours ago, GUT said:

So these 912’s are missing 2 gauges as well as 2 cylinders!

sure sure....but does yours come with a 10 year warranty?? Do Toyota's even come with 10 years? Recon I have near immediately dropped $7k - $10k on every air cooled I have bought . That adds up over 10 years. Can they really be offering that?

11 minutes ago, turboT said:

sure sure....but does yours come with a 10 year warranty?? Do Toyota's even come with 10 years? Recon I have near immediately dropped $7k - $10k on every air cooled I have bought . That adds up over 10 years. Can they really be offering that?

The devil would be in the detail of what the warranty would cover.