Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

For those like me that missed the 968 ad and are/were curious. Here are the cached pages.

968.jpg

968_2.jpg

968_3.jpg

968_4.jpg

968_5.jpg

968_6.jpg

968_7.jpg

968_8.jpg

968_9.jpg

If under a cover for 22 years (and therefore since 1996), that's 140,000km's in 4yrs or 35,000km's/yr. Crikey!

do I read 160,000 on the odometer?

1 minute ago, symsy said:

Its a very clean car.. have you seen it ..the good old rumour mill must be at it again ;) .

I haven't.. But ad says it's been in storage for 22 years, has 140,000ks yet photo shows either 160 or 180 and it's extremely clean for a car that's been sitting that long. I am willing to stand corrected, did someone here buy it?

Nothing personal @JLD

I know someone who has a lot more info, via a non porsche connection…

I just laugh as ..our forensic analysis of adverts I find in general really doesnt pan out ..

Sometime there are a few good pics of inappropriate parts etc but after that .. the speculations tends to get wild

I have looked at many a car that has been discussed on here only to find its not whats being discussed .

Some of us are now driving the peaches .. I can think of one GT3 that followed me only in the past few weeks. I also know someone on here driving a very nice 911T which was supposedly unloved .. I can tell you i woulda loved it , but didnt get off my arse.

There are some legitimate reasons why some cars sit and again some very shonky adverts.

My question always is , would you have bought it , why didnt ya and at what price do you run to the ATM or your internet browser and pop the deposit down?

Nothing personal @JLD

I know someone who has a lot more info, via a non porsche connection…

I just laugh as ..our forensic analysis of adverts I find in general really doesnt pan out ..

Sometime there are a few good pics of inappropriate parts etc but after that .. the speculations tends to get wild

I have looked at many a car that has been discussed on here only to find its not whats being discussed .

Some of us are now driving the peaches .. I can think of one GT3 that followed me only in the past few weeks. I also know someone on here driving a very nice 911T which was supposedly unloved .. I can tell you i woulda loved it , but didnt get off my arse.

There are some legitimate reasons why some cars sit and again some very shonky adverts.

My question always is , would you have bought it , why didnt ya and at what price do you run to the ATM or your internet browser and pop the deposit down?

all good, just tyre kicking and speculation. Also, I'm generally sceptical of anything on scumtree (gumtree) as there are a lot of sham ads. 

I'm not on the radar for a 968, more a time killer on a forum. But when I'm truly ready, I'll be chasing every 911 that interests me in person rather than bitching about it online ;)

1 minute ago, JLD said:

But when I'm truly ready, I'll be chasing every 911 that interests me in person rather than bitching about it online ;)

make sure you let me know cos Im sure i can help you spend your money ;) very quickly .. lots of cars out there , june 30 sales are commin

make sure you let me know cos Im sure i can help you spend your money ;) very quickly .. lots of cars out there , june 30 sales are commin

don't worry, I'll bug you to sell me your 964 Targa

34 minutes ago, James P said:

What’s the collectives thoughts on this 73T? I’m thinking of scratching an itch for an early car

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5342218

Yes I know it’s got a 3.2 & converted, anyone seen it?

scratch away. Follow mr 'Duck&Whale' on insta and see a very similar looking car (also a 73T) and how good they can look. Pretty sure his is also a converted 3.2

41 minutes ago, James P said:

What’s the collectives thoughts on this 73T? I’m thinking of scratching an itch for an early car

3.2’s are magic in an early car, super reliable and fun power/torque levels. 

1 hour ago, James P said:

Looks like a stack load of fun. I wonder what's hiding under those seat , dash and steering wheel covers?  Oh and that gear knob, I won't even go there......All easy fixes though.

2 hours ago, James P said:

The dash vents are interesting. I have been looking at doing that sort of thing on mine when I add the A/C.

4 hours ago, James P said:

I was planning on viewing this car about a month back when coming through Brisbane. Made contact with the owner but unfortunately he was up north while I was there.

Might go back and have a look in the next few weeks. I'm always concerned when it comes to drive side conversions, really need to understand the best practices and what to look out for.

Has this car been discussed at all? Any history?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-5439915/?Cr=22

Fresh paint job and also has the gauges in the correct position (unlike the '73)

4 minutes ago, turboT said:

Nice!

On 6/19/2018 at 3:20 PM, James P said:

Mate, a 3.8 longhood?  I wouldn't even think about it, just grab it and go nuts!