Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, philipk said:

Not bad for a hot rod start project but a leaking 2.7 might cost a bit to rebuild,$10-15k?? Rust spots and a respray $10k.

I would have have thought $40k ish would have been closer.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/meroo-meadow/cars-vans-utes/1969-porsche-911t-manual-coupe/1184453583?

Starter to good = +45k

7 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Generally if you have to have it, I'd say if in great cond $65/70, good cond $55/60, ave cond $45/50, poor cond $35 .........or all those prices a bit less if you don't have to have it

for LHD?  Interesting.  Just took a tour of Carsales, haven't done it in a while.  Cheapest coupe starts at $80k, though none are LHD.  Subtract 20% (?) for LHD and you get $65k...sounds about right?

Funny how some cars are still listed even though I haven't checked it out in a long time - I recognise them, like permanent exhibits in carsales.

5 hours ago, philipk said:

Not bad for a hot rod start project but a leaking 2.7 might cost a bit to rebuild,$10-15k?? Rust spots and a respray $10k.

I would have have thought $40k ish would have been closer.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/meroo-meadow/cars-vans-utes/1969-porsche-911t-manual-coupe/1184453583?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Be careful about what you can't see ...

36 minutes ago, Tricky said:

30 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Will go quickly I expect. Am tempted myself!

Already gone. A deposit taken and being trucked to Melbourne next week...

Apparently add went up at 11am... Trust this to be the one Saturday I didn't spend mindlessly scrolling through Carsales! ??

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Already gone. A deposit taken and being trucked to Melbourne next week...

Apparently add went up at 11am... Trust this to be the one Saturday I didn't spend mindlessly scrolling through Carsales! ??

Rang the gent this morning. Thought it was an X51 as he had the power kit option selected in features. I actually got him to post the options sticker on carsales. Since it turned out to not be an X51 I hesitated.....

22 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Rang the gent this morning. Thought it was an X51 as he had the power kit option selected in features. I actually got him to post the options sticker on carsales. Since it turned out to not be an X51 I hesitated.....

Yeah I noticed a few extra ticks on that list compared to the sticker. I think it was still a good buy if the service history was as solid as it seemed. 

I actually never realised the X51 was an option in the 997, only 996  I assume quite rare?

Everyone should post those stickers, makes life easy, good on you for suggesting. Stamped service book photos is something I wish everyone also posted.

I wonder if any of the dealers selling similar cars for at or near 997.2 prices noticed what price a car will actually sell quickly at...