Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

10 minutes ago, 007JB said:

The thing I like about this is that it gives me hope. Hope that the Porsche market is cooling because this is cheap and has been sitting for weeks. Surprised it hasn’t sold, maybe someone has seen it?

I quite like this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-5948517

the silver roll over hoop is so nice

22 hours ago, Arnage said:

Sitting is my guess.

it was only a few years ago that collectively we were shocked at a 3.2 in WA was listed at $100k. So what has happened since then for a cars value to rise over 50% ? Nothing, it's bizarre. The market is way slower than back then, current availability proves that, there hasn't been a culling of these cars making them rare. Porsche made many thousands of these cars they are in no way special, historic or significant, just a Porsche mass production car.

For me it makes no sence at all that advertised &/or selling prices are going up & not down.

Yes sitting is the answer. 

I notice that there are lots of A/C 911's sitting in garages in the suburbs around me that are rarely driven.

They are waiting for the owner to divorce or die or move O/S - then they may end up at Duttons for an unbelievable price (& then its back to rest/storage if it didnt sell). It used to be this way with Vintage cars when I was a teenager & the old man down the street had an old Bentley or Duesenberg in the garage covered in cardboard boxes.

Also there is a lot of extra cash in the economy which is the spin-off from soaring real estate prices. The $1M profit from selling the family home has allowed you to get the car you always dreamed about, but are now to old to get in & out of it - good example is the E Type Jag ( which is making Chiropractors rich!)  

I delude myself that I am giving my 911 to my son, but he's not really interested, until he catches onto the advertised price for 911 s at Duttons.

On 22/02/2019 at 18:13, Mttel said:

So went to Graysonline in Adelaide (Parafield) today to pick up some wine I won, which I'm sampling as I write. Was waiting for the warehouse guy to come back and decided to wander down to the cars. Spotted this little baby in the mix.

No idea what model but it has had some serious custom work done.

Anyway its not listed on any of the current auctions so assume its a newish arrival and will be listed on the near future. Warehouse guy wasn't much help as he only started 4 days ago.

Sorry about the crappy photos, only had a couple of minutes and back lighting was a pain.

Update - so after doing a bit of searching possibly might be a "beach boys racing" Monterey 914 speedster kit/conversion.

IMG_8180(sm).JPG.3672eff0fe8ad21a0ebe5eb1f6adeafd.JPGIMG_8181(sm).JPG.941463fb7b4b9365889de8a053388002.JPG

Auction has now started along with a potentially cheap Boxster (if you don’t mind fixing the gearbox). 

https://www.graysonline.com/sale/60006815/motor-vehicles-motor-cycles/classic-car-auction-february?spr=true

On 25/02/2019 at 08:07, 007JB said:

Despite the seats ( easily changed ) if he's keen to move on. I would like to think a reasonable offer would have someone drive away. If not alot of money needed to make her better. Can be a nice little entry level car to PC ownership. 

I sold my own personal import in Melbourne a couple of years ago & at the time discounted it about 20% under Aussie delivered cars & it sold without difficulty. Don’t ignore personal imports....as long as the ownership & PPI checks out & you’re prepared to discount when you sell you could get a bargain. The guy who bought mine still has it & loves it !!!

On more modern cars it’s 20 approx for me on classics / air cool that are rarer collectables 5-10 percent.  

The older they get the condition becomes more of a factor , but let’s face it on a new car there is bigger all difference , I would buy a cheaper import anyway and get to my goal earlier .

I only take the discount off cos of the slower resale timeline but that said , I have seen imported GT3 and 996/997/991 turbos sell just as quick as an Aus car because of the savings . 

If ur buying your enthusiast keeper, what does it matter ... I would rather buy a cheaper car and get onto the next purchase knowing it probably won’t gonna be sold 😂

Less purchase price = more cars 

44 minutes ago, Gsaps said:

Hahaha saw that earlier “been in me mates shed” “needs a bloody battery or somfink” ..... scam I reckon, says it’s a 99 model, 1 shit photo, although his price is about right for a seller. 

On 25/02/2019 at 06:07, 007JB said:

Talked to the owner last week, electrical problem is causing a "few" issues. Engine only catches when coming off the crank was one example he gave.

Looks like someone started converting it to a cheap track car: missing seats, radio, heating system and changed the door cards.

Owner doesn't know the history on his own car, he had another buyer interested doing the homework for him.

I'm in WA so I'm not able to personally inspect the vehicle, he wasn't keen for a PPI by an independent shop as he is too busy.

He was going to do send me a video of it cranking and running, but gave up because the battery is flat.

26 minutes ago, Duncan Wild said:

Talked to the owner last week, electrical problem is causing a "few" issues. Engine only catches when coming off the crank was one example he gave.

Looks like someone started converting it to a cheap track car: missing seats, radio, heating system and changed the door cards.

Owner doesn't know the history on his own car, he had another buyer interested doing the homework for him.

I'm in WA so I'm not able to personally inspect the vehicle, he wasn't keen for a PPI by an independent shop as he is too busy.

He was going to do send me a video of it cranking and running, but gave up because the battery is flat.

That's what you get with a $40k messed with SC coupe when someone's unloading it. Surprised there's not more wrong with it (and there will be) …. but that's why it's 40K. Could be a good base for a daily RHD -- could be a wallet breaking nightmare too

Some important words when buying such cars !!  They go together like Known Quantity = Daily Driver , Track Ready = ok to be trailered home or pampered weapon .

40k I would run away unless I had 20 in my pocket .. you will spend more money finding out what it is than fixing it Bitsa !!

To answer Lee 50 sorted but could be more , paint and body looks ok.

my concern with engines is its 10 to fix and once u start u end up at 17... if they are running and not spewing oil I would drive em and get every ounce of their 10k of parts value , a similar outlook for gearboxes 

there is s knife edge of over capitalising on theses cars , buy it for low 35-37 , if you got a good idea what’s wrong with it , you would be laughing 

crank sensors, coil , leads could be a grand plus and then relays 

then theres the seats .. holy Fuch , that car in my book should stay original looking 

Nardi enough said 

Im going to look at the SC this week.. i know what to look for & i know what it costs to fix 

By speaking to the seller the car has issues & needs everything 

If the car has broken head studs forget it.. could cost 12k to 20k easy (been there done that)  

If it needs a gearbox rebuild 5k to 6k easy

We shall see

How can you check headstuds on a SC without taking the valve covers off? Or check the gearbox without driving it?

On a car like this you just have to take a punt & if something big is broken then fix it yourself, like Jeff is doing.

If you have to pay someone to do it - it cant be  worth it.