Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The 997 Just buy and drive , put martini stripes on it 

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

991.2 GT3.  There was a beauty last week (dealer car, I think PCM for $369888 drive away) that sold on the weekend after 2 days, in chalk grey, but this one in SA that went on today (private seller) is a great buy.  Bet it wont last long.  Wish I had the funds right now as I would snap up this one.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-5933598/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

Really a PDK gen 2

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yeh $600K on ebay :Chuckle2: 

About $150K under market value ,,no way this would be a scam :P

Same car at its proper Value in Victoria 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-5669214/?Cr=0

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yeh $600K on ebay :Chuckle2: 

About $150K under market value ,,no way this would be a scam :P

Same car at its proper Value in Victoria 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-5669214/?Cr=0

For a car of that value one would have expected a slightly better written advert (and Weissach spelled correctly)........

I like how he states the CD player jumps and there is a ding in the steering wheel and reverse sensors don,t work all would be still covered under warranty ,drop to the dealer for a day  :Chuckle2:

If your in the market for a $600K car purchase your not going be that stupid ,,,,especially on a GT2 RS were there are only a dozen or so cars in the country ...:P

Pretty dumb using images off car sales and cutting and pasting car sales comments  off the genuine for sale add that is currently running ..

6 hours ago, JWM said:

There will be a few things things on offer at Bunnings soon: https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/gosford-classic-car-museum-closes-its-doors

I wonder what would have happened if from the outset, the bunnings lay out  had a chinese wall(no no  no make it a solid dividing great wall of China type curtain  wall that clearly delineated the museum cars from the trading stock cars.)  Eg left side of bunnings is the museum for which an admission fee is payable. The exit of the musuem  leads into the right side of bunnings ( like moving through to the meal area of Ikea) which is clearly labelled you are now exiting the musuem and now  entering GOSFORD COME IN SPINNER CAR SALES. ( NO CHARGE FOR LOOKING OR MAKING OFFERS)   Sometimes a car gets moved  by stealth (pushing it from the left side of bunnings to the right side through a makeshift hole in the  great wall of China ) along with some sort of transfer pricing rate for the car to go with the recommended retail  asking price.

So just a peanut gallery view  with the benefit of hindsight and a 30 second view of what constitutes a musuem  under tax law, but I think they  have  screwed up the setup by  mix and matching museum stock with trading stock without a physical delineation of what is museum business from the defacto car yard business  to the average Joe  blow in the street and hence lost all the tax benefits associated with a museum.

is the Bunnings super sale because of a tax ruling?

i agree it could have been less overt and separate businesses if that is what caused the closeout.  Museums frequently trade in/out stock so having an onsite preferred vendor wouldn’t hurt.  Or even a preferred vendor in a city which occasionally got loaner cars from the museum.

No I think really they single handed bought all the shit that had filled the just cars publication for years and have now come to realise that. The 200 plus cars they took to make the shelves kinda look full were shockers .

apart from a few big ticket items what was there .. ?

you think without them , Dutton and CTS and the few minor rock pools where the occasional catch is found .. the market is very very small 

it it is a shame from a museum perspective but they didn’t really didn’t drive any special market change in my eyes , rspecially in our place of passion .. Porsche 

they ran a great car park 

dutton still gets the crown for the market driver in my eyes  and no one can deny their shop is a Mecca 

4 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

Lindsay Fox has been walking that fine line for years with his "museum" too

Yeah - Lin Fox will probably get busted after a change-of-government crack down. (He may be losing interest in his twilight years too!)

Then we will see lots of real classics sold off overseas. I dont think Fox displayed other peoples cars as much as Gosford & he didnt have all the unusual stuff from JustCars as Symsy pointed out.

Mate bought a Pontiac Fiero from Gosford. It was a very ordinary example which was indicative of their stock. He fixed it & sold it.

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yeah - Lin Fox will probably get busted after a change-of-government crack down. (He may be losing interest in his twilight years too!)

Then we will see lots of real classics sold off overseas. I dont think Fox displayed other peoples cars as much as Gosford & he didnt have all the unusual stuff from JustCars as Symsy pointed out.

Mate bought a Pontiac Fiero from Gosford. It was a very ordinary example which was indicative of their stock. He fixed it & sold it.

Yep, he's busted already and closed the "museum" late last year

7 hours ago, symsy said:

dutton still gets the crown for the market driver in my eyes  and no one can deny their shop is a Mecca 

Agree, love the place. They have a storage facility on L3 that is a registered bond storage facility so they can store the imported cars they get and not have to pay the import and duty tax and the buyer foots that bill when it’s sold.  But at least they are not trying to be anytjjng more than a car sales business. Now they also Owen CTS it’s been interesting to see the number of cars they swap between show rooms trying to find the right buyer.

10 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Nah reckon he got the right tax advice.  Eg only income from the museum is the admission fee.  Doesnt need to sell any cars.  Linfox is a transport business the musuem is a musuem and the accountants advise was probably for f sake dont sell any cars privately just buy new ones and rotate out the old stock to a storage shed at one of your airport hangers and pay the storage fee invoice  under the musuem books( invoice from linfox no doubt) The tax offsets for his pet hobby dwarf any pissant margin from the sale of any musuem stock. Ala musuem is an extension of his personnel garage.  Feel the need to drive a car.  Due for a service isnt it.  Put that in the calendar and I'll drive it to the dealer.   (Need the dealers stamp in the log book after the inhouse mechanics hookingup the trickle charger) and well swap it out with a spare from the storage hanger for the week

4 hours ago, Tips said:

Agree, love the place. They have a storage facility on L3 that is a registered bond storage facility so they can store the imported cars they get and not have to pay the import and duty tax and the buyer foots that bill when it’s sold.  But at least they are not trying to be anytjjng more than a car sales business. Now they also Owen CTS it’s been interesting to see the number of cars they swap between show rooms trying to find the right buyer.

Swap me think not.  Eg intercompany  transfer pricing perhaps? Shift profit /   loss from one company to another

44 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Nah reckon he got the right tax advice.  Eg only income from the museum is the admission fee.  Doesnt need to sell any cars.  Linfox is a transport business the musuem is a musuem and the accountants advise was probably for f sake dont sell any cars privately just buy new ones and rotate out the old stock to a storage shed at one of your airport hangers and pay the storage fee invoice  under the musuem books( invoice from linfox no doubt) The tax offsets for his pet hobby dwarf any pissant margin from the sale of any musuem stock. Ala musuem is an extension of his personnel garage.  Feel the need to drive a car.  Due for a service isnt it.  Put that in the calendar and I'll drive it to the dealer.   (Need the dealers stamp in the log book after the inhouse mechanics hookingup the trickle charger) and well swap it out with a spare from the storage hanger for the week

Swap me think not.  Eg intercompany  transfer pricing perhaps? Shift profit /   loss from one company to another

That wasn’t the Fox’s main reason mate, it was having a $20m building being tax deductible because it a charitable venture

10 hours ago, rafikdous said:

That wasn’t the Fox’s main reason mate, it was having a $20m building being tax deductible because it a charitable venture

Aren't  we are aligned mate, re museum is an extension of his private garage commentary.  i.e private  garage = building  with cars.  But in the  form of a  musuem = charitable venture = bigger than usual tax offsets  compared to your personnel / private garage  ( building depreciation is one) that can be used against other taxable income ( ala from Linfox). 

Just now, grantmr said:

When it was listed on Carsales he had people willing to pay $70k and he played the silly sellers game. After fees he's only getting something in the $50ks