Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

I also asked about this. Seems it had been for sale on & off for a few years prior, it had huge overrevs recorded so was obviously hard to sell to an experienced person who knew where & how to check the ECU

I never got an answer,  but my guess is either an inexperienced person bought it & crashed or it was a classic 'insurance job' purposely pranged for the pay off. (Wifey worked for a PI & it is a fairly common occurrence).

Considering this was a Porsche Doncaster car that sold in November last year, why would they sell an abused car?

On 20/04/2019 at 17:46, Zelrik911 said:

I also asked about this. Seems it had been for sale on & off for a few years prior, it had huge overrevs recorded so was obviously hard to sell to an experienced person who knew where & how to check the ECU

I never got an answer,  but my guess is either an inexperienced person bought it & crashed or it was a classic 'insurance job' purposely pranged for the pay off. (Wifey worked for a PI & it is a fairly common occurrence).

What does everyone think it is worth? 

3 hours ago, philipk said:

What does everyone think it is worth? 

991 GTS damaged by a Russian lady during a Porsche tour in Tassie a couple of months ago reportedly up at Pickles in Hobart very soon too. As a Porsche Aust owned car as I understand, I wonder if this will ever get onto the WOVR??  If not potentially higher value than this perhaps???

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

991 GTS damaged by a Russian lady during a Porsche tour in Tassie a couple of months ago reportedly up at Pickles in Hobart very soon too. As a Porsche Aust owned car as I understand, I wonder if this will ever get onto the WOVR??  If not potentially higher value than this perhaps???

It will only get on to the WOVR if it is written off by the insurance company ....

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

It will only get on to the WOVR if it is written off by the insurance company ....

Yes, what i meant was that I'm assuming PCA probably self insure,  so am thinking no insurance company probably???

3 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-5869464

This looks bloody brilliant. And being an RJP car.... Wow.... 

The car has been around for 2 years or so , not sure how u would get rego , it’s gotta be worth that in parts 

I have heard many talk about it , I thought we had discussed it ?? 

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Do u know how much damage ? 

Cars of this caliber are hard to sell with that history ..add in the gossip and folklore that also follows and you had better be sure what your doing . The walls have ears in the Porsche world and the egos and imaginations add 100 fold to the complexity and perceptions .

Beyond repairing and looking at profiteering I feel these cars are generally great opportunities , just like imports .. if you want a driver and these cars are a fine bit of kit .

I think personally and it’s a philosophical reply I would be buying in the 75-100 range as a plaything and add my repairs .

Where would you be at ?? Any pics ?

1 hour ago, symsy said:

The car has been around for 2 years or so , not sure how u would get rego , it’s gotta be worth that in parts 

I have heard many talk about it , I thought we had discussed it ??

Ah OK hasnt seen the discussion on that car. Will grab a look again. Surprised it hasn't sold. 

1 hour ago, Harold996tt said:

Ah OK hasnt seen the discussion on that car. Will grab a look again. Surprised it hasn't sold. 

Not sure what happened with my comments , second part of my post was merged related to the GTS ,

Back to the  3.8 , I think Cam Arnott has looked not sure if his PFA name 

Just now, dipstick said:

Aus Del carrera 3.o, Lots of good gear/time/money spent to get to this point, fresh 3.8lt.Makes other similar type cars on the market look bit sad in comparison. As people say couldn't build for that sort of money.

Good buying around that price for the right person/application.

Totally agree. Stunning looking car and spec and with RJP behind it I can only imagine. Would be total quality work 

Just now, symsy said:

Not sure what happened with my comments , second part of my post was merged related to the GTS ,

Back to the  3.8 , I think Cam Arnott has looked not sure if his PFA name 

Hahah just noticed. Decided to re edit so no confusion there mate. 

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yes, what i meant was that I'm assuming PCA probably self insure,  so am thinking no insurance company probably???

Yeah right ... from that point I now have no idea. I didn't think that laterally ... 🤒

1 hour ago, Harold996tt said:

Agree.... See the WA plates. And I'm from WA.... Damn if only I had the garage space. 

WA = Wild Australia , what goes down in rego there rarely translates to Vic and NSW nanny states .. still a proper bit of kit though 

2 hours ago, symsy said:

WA = Wild Australia , what goes down in rego there rarely translates to Vic and NSW nanny states .. still a proper bit of kit though 

i can't see anything on there that is unregisterable in qld or nsw honestly, would just require some paperwork.

a sympathetic roadworthy and you're there.

15 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

a sympathetic roadworthy

done deal then you buying half , I need something to drive Wednesdays 😆 and I got the trailer if needed 

Someone must have seen this car ? I just recall multiple people talking about it in the past few years