Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 16/04/2019 at 09:52, Fraz said:

Ok I’ll try this again as my last post was pretty much instantly deleted as I wasn’t a financial member. SERIOUSLY ?

Due to it being deleted I’ll also have a bit of a bitch now.

Yeah I know the rules about financial memberships and posting your car for sale.

HOWEVER unlike most on this forum I have put many hours of my own time and some money volunteering my vehicles for photo shoots a whole boring day down at haunted hills sitting in my 4WD as a recovering vehicle. Yeah I was thanked for my time, but I now get the feeling it wasn’t really appreciated and is why I haven’t done it since. I know other that put in a lot of personal time and effort into this forum yet they still have to pay this $25 clearly it’s not the money it’s the principal of it.

End rant.

Back to my original post, I think TurboT 912 will probably do alright on instagram as it’s an international market car.

Well let’s see how this link goes this time. 

On 16/04/2019 at 12:35, symsy said:

The commentary and response the deleted for sale adverts is a SHAME

Moderators and friends pick up the. Fuchin phone ... talk to each other or PM . Rules and principles are one thing but so is understanding a key premise of a forum or group .

Come on guys Porsche guys worrying about $25 bucks, pay it forward .. or pay it later .. we have done this before ... why so zealous on the delete key ? 

Wheres the love !!  Is  the forum bankrupt ?? Our connections are worth more than this .

Im happy to facilitate a discussion if needs be ?? Let’s sort the financial membership bullshit once and for all , it’s  created  too many shitty moments 

Lets perhaps get a thread running , let’s get it supported and paid for . Please this rears it’s head every six months or less , why doesn’t a group of intelligent and affluent work this out ?? 

The forum has  value , let’s pay for some of it and stop the witch hunt 

Im totally also for social currency , which is mateship, supporting events,  sharing hard to get parts , information , lists favours , organising drives and more ..  

On 16/04/2019 at 12:22, Fraz said:

Mate I won’t bang on about this anymore apart from this reply, please don’t take this as a personal go at you, unless it was you who deleted it in which case yeah pick up the phone.

Its not about feeling short changed or venting, it was a plane old slap in the face to be honest to have my post instantly deleted and what’s more it was a Instagram link not a for sale add.

For me there is no longer social currency on this forum, is this a social forum or a business ? 

I feel I and “more so” some others here including you haven’t been given any good will despite the time and effort on this forum and supporting events. Hence the reason I didn’t help at HB2.

OK, some facts here.

Fraz, your post was never uploaded, and was never deleted.

I can confirm that your post never registered on the backend of the forum, and therefore never showed on the front end where everyone would have seen it. I understand this has been related to you by various moderators since the above comments.

I can tell you that I have had several frustrating times when I have written a post, hit the SUBMIT REPLY button, walked away, only to find later that my session had timed out and that the post I thought I'd sent, hadn't, and never made it to the thread. I would suggest this happened to you.

For your reference, the way that questionable posts are dealt with by the moderatorship is in accordance with how we originally set up the forum, and as a commonly agreed community imperative: the responsibility for these transgressions is dealt with by the moderation team, not by the administration. It is almost impossible for a post to be instantly deleted as it would require me or another admin to sit by the terminal and as soon as we see an errant post come through, smash it out! We just don't do this - who could possibly have the time?! The process is: the post is hidden; the attending mod or mods review and discuss; then a PM is sent to the member advising of the transgression. 99% of the time the member didn't realise the requirement of financial membership in order to make an advertising type post, or, their membership had lapsed without them knowing, but almost without exception the member is happy to rectify the fee, and the post is unhidden. This means that respect and the presumption of innocent behaviour is our default position. I can without question tell you that this is how your post would have been dealt with if it had been uploaded. Which PFA moderator doesn't know you, and wouldn't have deferred to hiding the post and then a PM?! BTW as soon as a post is hidden, it is still viewable by all the admins and moderators...

As to your, and it would seem other's, righteous question: is this a social forum or a business?

It is a business, and it has to be so for legal reasons. It is not, as some believe, a club. Indeed, it was as a reaction against the hierarchy and power structures of the club environment that the PFA was conceived. It is also not a FB page. But let’s be clear, because it is a business doesn’t mean that it is run as a profit making enterprise, if it was I would have dumped it about a week in and moved onto something far more financially viable. Instead, what I found was that the hobby project I started took on a life of it’s own, with members around Australia frequenting and contributing, leaving me in the role of guardian rather than entrepreneur. And just to bang that last nail into this question: the fees from the membership and the advertisers don’t even come close to paying for the expenses that the PFA encounters, but the deficit is something that we are, and have always been, happy to cover. And to be clear, these expenses do not include the time that AnneMaree, Orlando and I put into this venture on a daily basis, for the last 10 years. So why do we do it then you might ask?! I can only offer you the original rationale: to provide an independant platform for discussion and social connection for the local Australian Porsche community. 

Which leads me to the question of volunteering...

The forum would not exist without the time and effort that many people have generously offered over the years as moderators, as event organisers and assistants, as SMT leaders, as conveners of all sorts of social encounters, as media content contributors etc etc etc. I will take this opportunity to publicly, genuinely, and honestly thank you Fraz for your volunteering over the last couple of years. This is not something I expect people to continue with ad infinitum (some present mods excluded!) and I know this also as I have found myself waning in enthusiasm and application to certain charity commitments I have made over the years. I will say the same to you as I say to all the moderators, which applies to any PFA volunteer: it is not a life sentence! Contribute as and when you can, and if it doesn’t suit, it doesn’t suit. A great example of this spirit was HB2 where all concerned were told that it was a passion project, and all services, products, locations, and time contributed was done so at one's own expense. This was a 9 month long pre-production project by the PFA organisers, and the venue supplier, all in the name of creating something fresh, new and exciting for our membership, as well as the broader Porsche community. The result was a unique event where there were no entry fees, no over-riding commercial agendas, the opportunity to independently celebrate our passion, along with the option of making a charity donation, and to support of the local Lions group. All brought about by volunteerism and generosity of spirit.

In conclusion, I note that you have re-upped your financial membership, and placed your beast back in the Marketplace for sale, to which I wish you the best of luck! (I wish I’d known about the sale of your last car a little earlier! 😳😊) Next time maybe you might have some faith that those people on the forum that consider you a friend, myself included, would afford you a little more consideration and respect than to “instantly delete” a post because it didn’t meet our rules - we’re a pretty chilled bunch, and that's just not the way this forum works.

Some might consider this post as hijacking the thread, and for that I apologise. However, I feel that as these comments above were made in the public forum, it is only fair that I have the chance to respond to the same audience.

Kerry

Postscript: offered as a possible laugh, and poignant addendum - I wrote this post yesterday. It took me several hours to get it right. I left it for another hour or so and then came back to it to make some small corrections. I then hit SUBMIT REPLY, and the next window told me my session had ended. I said ffffffFFFFFFF*********#######KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! such that multiple people came running into the room. I hit the BACK button only to find your original posts quoted above, and none of what I had spent hours writing and finessing. 🤬🤯🤢🤮😵

The good news is that this version today is actually much shorter! 🙄😉Anyhoo, it's Good Friday after all, time to enjoy this ridiculous sunny weather!

Won’t quote u Kerry we will need more forum storage space 😂

Maybe knowing there is a good process in place and a plenty of moderators , we can leave it to you all to pull peopleup, in paying their dues/membership  and not invite themselves play the role of payment police as has been the case in the past .

I know for one I have relinquished that role and stopped pushing the membership campaign cos it seemed to upset the poorer of us Porsche owners and gets no votes 😀

PFA has been and is a great meeting place let’s work out how to better support it!?  Financially or otherwise .  Appreciations to those that give time and effort .

6C78D7B0-ABB3-4E6B-9D49-D325D0F08285.jpeg

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Maybe knowing there is a good process in place and a plenty of moderators , we can leave it to you all to pull peopleup, in paying their dues/membership  and not invite themselves play the role of payment police as has been the case in the past .

I know for one I have relinquished that role and stopped pushing the membership campaign cos it seemed to upset the poorer of us Porsche owners and gets no votes 😀

PFA has been and is a great meeting place let’s work out how to better support it!?  Financially or otherwise .  Appreciations to those that give time and effort .

6C78D7B0-ABB3-4E6B-9D49-D325D0F08285.jpeg

Thanks Symsy.  As far as I can tell, many of the reports do come through from the general membership and are then followed up by the moderator reporting structure, as well as people using the Contact Us email at the bottom of most pages. There have been certain hawkeye mods and members that have over the years had, shall we say, a keener sense of injustice than the rest of us 😂  and although it does mean that the rules are adhered to, I don’t think it does any favors to those pointing it out to the individual (other than sating their keen sense of injustice! 🤨😆) but the reality is that it has to be done. I have no problem in the membership contacting us and then us following up. On the whole I can’t believe what a well mannered bunch we all are, and compared with other forums of discussion I see, we seriously have very little to police.

On 16/04/2019 at 11:37, edgy said:

Don't want to stray too off topic, but just on the FM thing, I find there really isn't an effective (if at all) alert that your FM has expired... most don't have a problem with paying it, and as with most of us, I am sure we post from the shitter on a mobile phone that doesn't display that user data in the mobile display format. 

With the FM payment thing, I have set up a pre-approved yearly payment through PayPal that is paid on the same day/month every year. That way, I don't have to worry about the FM expiry date.

On 18/04/2019 at 18:59, 901er said:

On 18/04/2019 at 20:59, LeeM said:

It's a beast. Best Porsche I've ever driven and very nearly bought 

Instagram enquires 722

Facebook suggestion they might buy 317

Whatsapp enquires 71

Slack requests 17

Line Msgs 11 

Wifeswap offers 412

People with cash not talking about the falling house prices welcome 

Can organise Orange stripe if ur thinking of a colourful car 😀 

I think financial membership might be paid and shit didn’t vacuum it prior to some scammer listing it on  Carsales

If u wanna talk about available fast cars get in touch Boost Beast also available 

26C30120-AB80-4721-8832-5AB6040AB6F4.jpeg

36 minutes ago, symsy said:

Instagram enquires 722

Facebook suggestion they might buy 317

Whatsapp enquires 71

Slack requests 17

Line Msgs 11 

Wifeswap offers 412

People with cash not talking about the falling house prices welcome 

Can organise Orange stripe if ur thinking of a colourful car 😀 

I think financial membership might be paid and shit didn’t vacuum it prior to some scammer listing it on  Carsales

If u wanna talk about available fast cars get in touch Boost Beast also available 

26C30120-AB80-4721-8832-5AB6040AB6F4.jpeg

I reckon anyone that gets in touch with you won't know if they are Arthur or Martha after a brief chat ... :Chuckle2:

32 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I reckon anyone that gets in touch with you won't know if they are Arthur or Martha after a brief chat ... :Chuckle2:

The puppy isn’t for sale  and I bet I won’t have sold them a Train!!!

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

More like Arthur Daley 😂

just kidding Symsy

8 hours ago, JLD said:

More like Arthur Daley 😂

just kidding Symsy

Don’t worry Terry will take a little knock on ur door later .

Right I reckon this blokes havin  a proper Giraffe 

Easter, look at body kit , that’s outrageous , those wheel arches are all wrong for starters, that’s what happens when you try to make a 997 as tasty as a 992 

BB14B104-C0A9-44A8-B2F7-D3907C7EF02E.jpeg

5 hours ago, symsy said:

Don’t worry Terry will take a little knock on ur door later .

Right I reckon this blokes havin  a proper Giraffe 

Easter, look at body kit , that’s outrageous , those wheel arches are all wrong for starters, that’s what happens when you try to make a 997 as tasty as a 992 

BB14B104-C0A9-44A8-B2F7-D3907C7EF02E.jpeg

Well you'd have to dream something up to do with chocolate if that was your gig eh. It'd be a bit yawn doing the same thing every day. 

4 hours ago, 9er said:

It has had an engine swap since then??

Nup the RS spec 993 3.8 still sits in the shelf , infact raided it this morning to grab the alternator will put it back and the fan next month

Why you looking for a hot motor ? . 

1 hour ago, SSM said:

Don't know if anyone posted this, still learning my way through this forum.

Does anyone know what happened to this GT3?

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/C2010--Porsche--911--Coupe/2252505000

Ex Doncaster Porsche car sat around for 12 or so months and sold about 2-3 months back.

was originally up for auction as a repairable write off, raised a few eyebrows. 

Only for parts now.....

1 hour ago, SSM said:

Don't know if anyone posted this, still learning my way through this forum.

Does anyone know what happened to this GT3?

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/C2010--Porsche--911--Coupe/2252505000

I also asked about this. Seems it had been for sale on & off for a few years prior, it had huge overrevs recorded so was obviously hard to sell to an experienced person who knew where & how to check the ECU

I never got an answer,  but my guess is either an inexperienced person bought it & crashed or it was a classic 'insurance job' purposely pranged for the pay off. (Wifey worked for a PI & it is a fairly common occurrence).

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Nup the RS spec 993 3.8 still sits in the shelf , infact raided it this morning to grab the alternator will put it back and the fan next month

Why you looking for a hot motor ? . 

Ok, I thought it had the 3.8 in it, my bad.