Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, symsy said:

Aren’t there other cars not in the online site ?? 

I was just down there working with my RFS brigade for the past 5 odd hours rolling cars across the podium  ...

As far as I'm aware, only the cars on Lloyds site are going up for sale.

There are 6 cars in transit from the US which are / have gone up for sale that weren't onsite and are subject to satisfactory inspection ..

1 hour ago, JB said:

@symsy if the 928 goes up and looks like a good buy is it worth it from these guys?

I spent some time looking over this car ...

I can't comment on price but I can tell you it is an extremely well presented example ... there was some mess in the back but it was only the spare wheel etc not in place. The paintwork is beautiful as is the interior ...

Hope this helps but please note .. I didn't look it over for anyone or with the intention to buy. This is just an opinion based on a slightly more than casual look ... 

3 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Got it now.  Thanks.  Arnage and I have (good) history.  He buys low, sells high!  Some call it market manipulation!!  He means well.  

So, here’s the list ...

I know this is a P car forum but I think you’ll agree these are pretty cool.  Pity I can’t be in the running as I’m the executor!

1. 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo Series II HCi

2. 1972 Panther J72

3. 19070 Rolls Royce Mulliner Park Ward

4. 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

5. 1984 AC Cobra Autokraft Mark IV - is on the register

6. 1978 Lamborghini Countach LP400S

7. 1985 Lamborghini Jalapa 3.5 GTS

8. 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS

9. 1976 Ferrari 308 GT4

10. 1972 Ferrari 365 GTC4

11. 1979 Ferrari 512 BB

12. 1986 Ferrari Testarossa

13. 1969 Lamborghini Isolero S 2+2

14. 1991 GT40 Replica (not able to be registered - care car)

15. 1974 De Tomaso Pantera GTS

If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of the EOI, PM me and I will give you some more details on how to be a part of the EOI.

Wow, that is a serious collection.

4 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Got it now.  Thanks.  Arnage and I have (good) history.  He buys low, sells high!  Some call it market manipulation!!  He means well.  

So, here’s the list ...

I know this is a P car forum but I think you’ll agree these are pretty cool.  Pity I can’t be in the running as I’m the executor!

1. 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo Series II HCi

2. 1972 Panther J72

3. 19070 Rolls Royce Mulliner Park Ward

4. 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

5. 1984 AC Cobra Autokraft Mark IV - is on the register

6. 1978 Lamborghini Countach LP400S

7. 1985 Lamborghini Jalapa 3.5 GTS

8. 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS

9. 1976 Ferrari 308 GT4

10. 1972 Ferrari 365 GTC4

11. 1979 Ferrari 512 BB

12. 1986 Ferrari Testarossa

13. 1969 Lamborghini Isolero S 2+2

14. 1991 GT40 Replica (not able to be registered - care car)

15. 1974 De Tomaso Pantera GTS

If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of the EOI, PM me and I will give you some more details on how to be a part of the EOI.

bunnings sale on now with a few of those..

GOSFORD AUCTION RESULTS

Well, certainly no bargains to be had at Gosford.  Not surprising in the internet age . . . the Brits, not to mention CTS and Duttons, weren't going to let anything slip through.  In fact, I think some of the cars went for prices that were arguably above market.

The 928 GTS was a lovely example, but at $90k plus 7.5% buyers premium plus 3% stamp duty . . . that's $100k.  And then you'd have to expect a decent first service bill (tyres, etc) to put it back on the road.

Likewise, the gorgeous 911R went for $650k, that's about $718k on-road.  I'd say that's at or above current market price in Australia.  But then, where else are you going to find a silver RHD 1,000 km 911R for sale?

11 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

GOSFORD AUCTION RESULTS

Well, certainly no bargains to be had at Gosford.  Not surprising in the internet age . . . the Brits, not to mention CTS and Duttons, weren't going to let anything slip through.  In fact, I think some of the cars went for prices that were arguably above market.

The 928 GTS was a lovely example, but at $90k plus 7.5% buyers premium plus 3% stamp duty . . . that's $100k.  And then you'd have to expect a decent first service bill (tyres, etc) to put it back on the road.

Likewise, the gorgeous 911R went for $650k, that's about $718k on-road.  I'd say that's at or above current market price in Australia.  But then, where else are you going to find a silver RHD 1,000 km 911R for sale?

The 911 before the 928 sold for $72k + premium ...

Left hand drive, 2.7 with a lot of non original bits added and subtracted.

There is just no way it would have sold for that much if it was a regular private sale .. I'm thinking the buyer got caught up in the hype of the auction and / or had absolutely no idea about the Porsche market and just kept their hand up till no one else bid ...

4 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

No hammer fell for the Countach.  

The yellow Diablo before it sold and the same guy was bidding on the Countach ... they tried really hard to get him up but in the end a different bidder was the highest ... just not high enough ...

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

The 911 before the 928 sold for $72k + premium ...

Left hand drive, 2.7 with a lot of non original bits added and subtracted.

There is just no way it would have sold for that much if it was a regular private sale .. I'm thinking the buyer got caught up in the hype of the auction and / or had absolutely no idea about the Porsche market and just kept their hand up till no one else bid ...

good save ;) 

This one just popped up in my saved searches.  Nice HB2 photos too.

Those of us in Victoria all know this car so what's the story?  Something new on the way?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-5966464/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

This one just popped up in my saved searches.  Nice HB2 photos too.

Those of us in Victoria all know this car so what's the story?  Something new on the way?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-5966464/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

I believe @Scott SS964 has a replacement lined up.......................

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

Looks pretty good to me.  Smog Pump attached alert!  Originality lovers form an orderly queue.

Also a targa not a convertible if you're skeptical.   It also appears to be a very early SC (production date 9/77) - not a 2.7 narrow body 911S like most 77s.  Nice colour.  If it's truly original like the ad says would make a nice buy.

16 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Looks pretty good to me.  Smog Pump attached alert!  Originality lovers form an orderly queue.

Also a targa not a convertible if you're skeptical.   It also appears to be a very early SC (production date 9/77) - not a 2.7 narrow body 911S like most 77s.  Nice colour.  If it's truly original like the ad says would make a nice buy.

The Australian design rules plate looks like it's been remanufactured?? I've never seen one like that has anyone??

30 minutes ago, James P said:

The Australian design rules plate looks like it's been remanufactured?? I've never seen one like that has anyone??

Definitely not an original and haven’t seen one like that before. Could if be what is used if original has gone missing?

4 minutes ago, Gsaps said:

This looks like a well priced Boxster S, under 100k...  in Tassie though

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-Boxster-S-986-Auto-MY00/SSE-AD-6013652

Been for sale for a couple of months I think.  Not a car i've ever seen though.

Mint Silver 987 Tip with  100kms in Tassie also for sale.  https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/shearwater/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxster-987/1213754516

Great car, owner wants to buy my 996 so I'm happy to give him a plug 🙂